What is 343i's beef with Parties?

I find halo 5 a decent step from up from halo 4 and find it generally enjoyable. Clamber and built in boost don’t need to exist but that’s an argument for a different thread.

No my friends this thread is about trying to play the Halo 5 beta in a party and it performing hauntingly similar when trying to play in a group in the Halo MCC.

In short, it sucks.

Constant dropping either me or my friend from the search lobby, getting stuck on searching for players until we need to restart the application, and general slowness compared to searching solo is pretty much salt in the wound at this point after the debacle of trying to consistently play in a party in the MCC.

Like I said, I know it’s a beta but the general stress/difficulty of trying to find matches grouped up is disconcerting to say the least. Out of 5 attempts at playing together we managed to get one empire game going, which to it’s credit was fun, ( I don’t like the map but the gameplay was fun enough to offset it ) but still that’s an average 20% success rate compared to a pretty much flawless experience when playing solo. Frustratingly similar to the Halo:MCC, which to it’s credit works about 80% of the time now in a party for me, a massive improvement from when it first launched, but still needs work.

Anyway I’m leaving this feedback to stress a very important point: Don’t neglect parties 343i. Please.

They are the lifeblood of Halo multiplayer and most other online FPS’.

Seriously, I can’t be the only person that has noticeable difficulties when playing in a party. I have an open NAT and a direct cable modem connection directly into the Xbone running at 25mbs.

I tried to play with a friend yesterday, joined up fine but suddenly my lobby was full and he was no where to be seen, shunted into an empty lobby.

I haven’t had any problems with finding games while in a party. The only problems I have when parting up is after 2 or 3 games we can hear eachother anymore. Then one of us has to leave to party, (chat only), then start a new one and invite everyone back into it. This will work for a few games then same thing, gotta leave and start a new one. Other than that, the party system seems to work better than MCC.