What in the world is with this matchmaking?

I don’t play this game all the time like a lot of you. Heck, I usually just play it for fun. I don’t get frustrated much, but you know what? This game is dang irritating lately.

I’m a level 40 something right now. I only play CTF. I’m decent at this game, but I don’t play enough to know all the ins and outs. They take away the regular CTF and MAKE you play some stupid Challenge CTF for prizes. I said to myself “Oh, this seems cool! Right?” NO. Now to play the game mode I play, I have to sit in a room with guys that are level 100+ who play 24/7 and I can’t even get a damn shot off or a positive K/D ratio to save my f***ing life. I’ve got a-holes sitting and sniping 1 shot kills the entire game.

How do I play a game when I spawn and get killed? You can’t make low levels play guys who play this game religiously. That’s just f***ing limited. Why would you even think to take away normal game modes and put EVERYONE together into one? Dumb move. Dumb move.

I know some people can disagree with me, but that Infinity challenge crap tends to do that to people.

I used to have so much fun on Inifnity slayer, but when the challenge went to that gamemode, people just went so tryhard that it sucked the fun out of the game.

As long as that stupid Infinity challenge is on CTF, its going to stay that way.

Don’t blame the game, blame the players.

What I would suggest is to go play some Spartan Ops with some friends or go play a different objective type gamemode. As long as that stupid Infinity challenge is on CTF, its going to stay that way.

Or, you can eat a snack, drink a Dr. Pepper, and watch TV. That is what I do when I’m bored or just want to relax. :slight_smile:

The challenge is fine. It doesn’t make sense to group 100+ players and 40- players together. There’s no chance. They don’t understand that some people just play for fun. Not everyone wants to make a career of playing Halo 4.

> The challenge is fine. It doesn’t make sense to group 100+ players and 40- players together. There’s no chance. They don’t understand that some people just play for fun. Not everyone wants to make a career of playing Halo 4.

The DLC has CTF in it but ya they should have a slayer/objective playlist for BTB. I like CTF to but there is just limited playlist options right now.

I dunno man…just wait til next week for it to change. Man this infinity challenge thing is crap. I’m not even trying anymore.

Play Dominion, that gametype is so much fun and thankfully everyone is in for the objective and not fot the kills.
I hope they don’t “infinity challenge” it, or else prepare to see a lot of Camo + Boltshot campers.

The rank next to their name means nothing to their ability.

I’m 106 and mediocre at the game. The game still matches people up via Trueskill. The problem is, if you are grouped up, you use the highest trueskill in the group to match you up, not an avg.

This is what happens when there is no seperation between ranked/social playlists. Also, and more importantly, when tournament placing is based off of individual score/points it really just promotes a lot of stat padding/-Yoink!-.

Edit: As an addendum, SR ranks have nothing to do with a players actual skill. Again, what is driving these types of shennanigans, for this tournament, is how the tournament is scored.

there is a competition… if you know this and choose to play anyway, expect people to put effort into it.

Thats like showing up to a park, asking a bunch of guys that have a bsketball to play, then you sitt around dribbling and get mad when an opponent takes the ball from you/shoots and scores. You are in a game, play it or don’t. If you want a place to just fool around, what makes you think that was the playlist to do it in?

You are an average player being upset when you get beat by above-average players. With your best K/D game type with a large enough sample size being CTF, and also recognizing that the most competitive players are going to be playing in the Infinity Challenge (the only true tangible competition playlist right now), I think the OP is a bit unfounded in his/her claims.

I understand how frustrating dying quickly is, and I have definitely noticed some spawn point issues. Given that your K/D is above 1, I don’t see how you can be so frustrated. A person who can keep his/her K/D above 1 should not be able to complain so harshly about the lack of ability to kill.

It’s not that I’m fooling around. Just the simple fact that I have these a-holes that want to sitin the spawn is enough of a turn off to the game. It doesn’t matter how they group people together. The fact that you can turn a game on and have people grouped together so terribly that you are being slaughtered every game is ridiculous.

It certainly doesn’t help that NO ONE works together. You’ve got guys freelancing to try and get their stats up to win some stupid challenge. You didn’t have that before.

I think I have a pretty good point here honestly. There is no reason to completely do away with the regular game mode when you can EASILY just insert a new playlist for it. It’s that simple really.

I think a couple guys are more upset that there are really people who don’t want to sit back in a chair eating doritos and chugging mountain dew about 2 inches from the screen screaming at each other for 12 hours straight as if it’s a job. Playing casually isn’t fooling around.