What if you were in charge of Halo 4? Create your own Halo!

Introduction
So my question to you, Is what would you do if you had control over making Halo 4?

What would you make better, What would you destroy, What would you create?

…If I had a super weapon.
First thing I would do is move away from Halo’s old tech,

• Re write the rendering engine in Direct 3D and create new modern shaders,
  • Move away from cinematic and develop new realtime experiences.
  • Create more dynamic levels, with better in game objectives.
  • Get the fans to come and play it during development.
  • Borrow Bungie’s Slingshot and shoot all haters into space.

So what would you do?

Make reach go offline and make Halo 4 just like Halo 1-3.

Spend heaps of time on the forge, making it the aspect that gives the game its longevity.

> Make reach go offline and make Halo 4 just like Halo 1-3.

How about No.

On Topic
-I would love to get rid of armor lock.
-Improve the Artstyle. I mean seriously am I the only one sees The UNSC are so primitive and generic.
-Make a new and fresh Idea that would improve the gameplay. I don’t want to a Halo 3.5
-Be more serious about the story and add more mysteries to it.

I would
burn the
-needle rifle
-concussion rifle

Put in
-the carbine
-bruteshot
-good camo
-the arbiter

I would allow for Machinima-friendly Creation Tools and create a brand spanking new universe of Character and Locations.

I would also destroy all past Halo Games. Let’s start fully from scratch >:)

i won’t comment on gameplay cause it will take more than 7500 characters.
but for one I would make the scenes in between videos as epic as they come

oops…in between levels

Tell multiplayer to take a running jump and focus on the campaign. I want genuinely complex and deep characters, plotlines that actually make you think, breathtaking alien vistas and that vibe of mystery, awe and originality that currently only exists in the very best books.

> > Make reach go offline and make Halo 4 just like Halo 1-3.
>
> How about No.
>
> On Topic
> -I would love to get rid of armor lock.
> -Improve the Artstyle. I mean seriously am I the only one sees The UNSC are so primitive and generic.
> -Make a new and fresh Idea that would improve the gameplay. I don’t want to a Halo 3.5
> -Be more serious about the story and add more mysteries to it.

The UNSC art style shouldn’t be ditched, but it does need some serious development. Which, happily, it will get, seeing as the UNSC has begun incorporating Forerunner tech.

I wouldn’t want to be in charge of Halo 4, I’d rather be in charge of a new IP set in the Halo Franchise, and make a Star Wars Battlefront game set in the Halo Universe :smiley:

I would concentrate on multiplayer, I would have it come out with three separate forge palettes (more than enough for MLG and grifball to be getting on with). For Halo 4 I would move away from the number four reorganise the playlists like so:

Team Swat 6 v 6
Team Slayer 6 v 6
Team Classic 4 v 4
Team Objective 6 v 6
Firefight 6 player
MlG 6 v 6
Griffball 6 v 6 (Kinnect enabled)
Classic big Team 8 v 8
Big Team 10 vs 10
Multi Team 4 v 4 v 4 v 4
Multi Team 3 v 3 v 3 v 3 v 3
Multi Team 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2
and Rumble pit

I am going to be a little disappointed if 343 do not raise the player cap in a manner similar to or greater than this if MLG agree to larger teams the game can move forward, hopefully they will see sense and not block this (kind of)move.

EPIC campaign w/intriguing story and puzzles and all the trimmings and LIVE in the end saving Humanity!!!

MP MM that REWARDS skill, map controll and team work.

MINIMAL USEFUL weapons & vehicles for covenant/spartans.

Ranking similar to H2 based on SKILL not games played. With each skill obtained, cR may be used to buy ‘non transformer’ like Armor.

Forge & FF definately. Beautiful and well designed maps a must…and of course SOLID SPARTAN PLAYER mechanix.

The ability to retain character choice and play that in MM meaning if you want to be an ELITE, you will play that role in MM as well as spartan.

NO Healthpacks in MM. You win, you FULLY recharge.

…that’s just the basics…I could go on…but I went on and on on b.net all for n0t so I just keep it short here…

> I would concentrate on multiplayer, I would have it come out with three separate forge palettes (more than enough for MLG and grifball to getting on with). For Halo 4 I would move away from the number four reorganise the playlists like so:
>
> Team Swat 6 v 6
> Team Slayer 6 v 6
> Team Classic 4 v 4
> Team Objective 6 v 6
> Firefight 6 player
> MlG 6 v 6
> Griffball 6 v 6 (Kinnect enabled)
> Classic big Team 8 v 8
> Big Team 10 vs 10
> Multi Team 4 v 4 v 4 v 4
> Multi Team 3 v 3 v 3 v 3 v 3
> Multi Team 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2
> and Rumble pit
>
> I am going to be a little disappointed if 343 do not raise the player cap in a manner similar to or greater than this if MLG agree to larger teams the game can move forward, hopefully they will see sense and not block this move.

this is absolutely atrocious. I hope to god this never happens. It would probably ruin Halo.

I would create a Halo game that would punch people in the face through their TV everytime they picked the Armor Lock loadout.

> …If I had a super weapon.
> First thing I would do is move away from Halo’s old tech,
> - Re write the rendering engine in Direct 3D and create new modern shaders,
> - Move away from cinematic and develop new realtime experiences.
> - Create more dynamic levels, with better in game objectives.
> - Get the fans to come and play it during development.
> - Borrow Bungie’s Slingshot and shoot all haters into space.
>
> So what would you do?

Can I borrow that slingshot after you.
Also, I would redo the way Halo’s engine stores it’s data, and set it up like Source’s and make it like the Cry engine, with that level of graphics, and also show love to the PC side of the Halo community, and put Halo on the PC and Xbox.

Well a few things I would do would be, Keep the credit system and make the armory HUGE!
I thought the credit system was better than the achievments because it let you have a big armory and invest, maybe credit and rank are seperate? I dont know really, but I just liked the credit system.

And have weapons throughout campaign that make sense,e.g chief wakes up with an MA5C even if its not the assault rifle used throughout the game

> I would redo the way Halo’s engine stores it’s data, and set it up like Source’s and make it like the Cry engine, with that level of graphics, and also show love to the PC side of the Halo community, and put Halo on the PC and Xbox.

The 360 can’t handle Crysis-echelon graphics. They have to be downgraded to the point console-based games like Gears and Uncharted look better, which is plain limited. Plus the 360 wouldn’t be able to run the Cryengine split-screen, and I really doubt it’d reach 16 players.

> > I would redo the way Halo’s engine stores it’s data, and set it up like Source’s and make it like the Cry engine, with that level of graphics, and also show love to the PC side of the Halo community, and put Halo on the PC and Xbox.
>
> The 360 can’t handle Crysis-echelon graphics. They have to be downgraded to the point console-based games like Gears and Uncharted look better, which is plain limited. Plus the 360 wouldn’t be able to run the Cryengine split-screen, and I really doubt it’d reach 16 players.

Well if we are being technical I think I will drop my thoughts in,

Weird Stealth’s idea is actually possible to an extent, Halo’s current engine is made up of several parts, The renderer that handles rendering the games graphics was originally written using OPEN GL and I would imaging that it is still loosely coded using that.

However since it’s original creation back in 1999 or 1998 or whenever Bungie wrote it I doubt it has been fully reconstructed using newer API’s, I if were working on Halo 4 I would simply re-write the entire rendering system using the Latest Open GL or Direct X10. I don’t believe Direct 3D 11 currently runs on the 360 so it won’t reach the Crysis 2 level graphics.

In fact that being said, the way Halo stores it’s data is probably not a major issue. What would be a major issue is the engines architecture and the way in which it manages the resources it has to work with. That’s really another much longer story.

> > I would concentrate on multiplayer, I would have it come out with three separate forge palettes (more than enough for MLG and grifball to getting on with). For Halo 4 I would move away from the number four reorganise the playlists like so:
> >
> > Team Swat 6 v 6
> > Team Slayer 6 v 6
> > Team Classic 4 v 4
> > Team Objective 6 v 6
> > Firefight 6 player
> > MlG 6 v 6
> > Griffball 6 v 6 (Kinnect enabled)
> > Classic big Team 8 v 8
> > Big Team 10 vs 10
> > Multi Team 4 v 4 v 4 v 4
> > Multi Team 3 v 3 v 3 v 3 v 3
> > Multi Team 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2
> > and Rumble pit
> >
> > I am going to be a little disappointed if 343 do not raise the player cap in a manner similar to or greater than this if MLG agree to larger teams the game can move forward, hopefully they will see sense and not block this move.
>
> this is absolutely atrocious. I hope to god this never happens. It would probably ruin Halo.

But why? if it runs stable, more players more fun, no?