What if you could play campaign with the kinect.

as Darklaw001 said how there was a post on facebook about using it on forge why not on campaign i Elias Marquez-Garcia: How cool would it be if Halo: Reach Forge had Kinect support for easier item editing (using hands). I know it’s unrealistic as Reach comes out before Kinect, but still… http://www.facebook.com/xbox#!/xbox i understand how it would be to complicated for multiplayer but i mean on campaign it would be simpler wouldn’t it?? please reply with your opinions. P.S Also wouldn’t it get you more into the game, also killing the elites and grunts ect in your own kind of kill move plus when you run out of ammo for your gun you can just throw it at your enemy then rush up to him with a knife.

That would be kind of cool but, I’m more of a fan of traditional controllers.

I have to draw a line here.
As far as normal campaign, multiplayer and firefight go… Kinnect is not suited for Halo.
The controller is just far easier than anything else. (Keyboard and mouse included)

For forge, maybe. if they could bring out some DLC that finxed the initial problems you’d have like, how ‘clunky’ it will be. Than maybe it might work.
But forge is as far as kinnect should go in Halo.
In my books anyway.

I don’t want a crappy Wii rip-off in my Reach.

Kinect wouldn’t be so great necessarily, but the idea of being able to actually play Halo - not with my hands but with my whole body - is awesome. Virtual reality Halo FTW!

I dig Kinect for Kinect games, but I’m a controller (or mouse/keyboard) man when it comes to playing an FPS.

It would make Legendary even more physically painful.

i would totally do that. but they might need to figure out a way to do melee attacks without flinging your elbow out and possibly hitting someone watching beside you.

and then if it was compatible for connect, it would probably spawn a wave of toy assault rifles to use with it…

No. It wouldn’t be Halo. Trust me.

i really dont think it would work tbh it would be -Yoink- stick with traditional controllers please and for call of duty black ops they better not ruin it with connect either fps are not the type of games you want to use your body for its a shitey idea lol

As someone who has played Kinect, Halo will not work very well with it.

Kinect, unfortunately, is just an over-hyped gimmick that I can see no practical use for.

If you were to use Forge in Kinect, how would you fly around? Sure, I can see object rotation being OK, but it would be tricky to use and probably a little glitchy.

A ‘No’ vote for me.

I’m all with you on this one, Miller.

BTW: O hai

I third that Miller.

BTW BTW: Ohai also.

I’m super excited about Kinect, I really am. I think motion controllers/VR are the next step in gaming, but I don’t think they are yet ready for FPS games. They are just not refined enough. Besides, I’m a lazy SOB, I want to sit on my sofa and shoot ugly aliens in the face, not jump about like a loon. If I wanted exercise I’d, you know, do exercise…I’m not a little fat kid that needs to be bribed with Haylowz to move more than is necessary to shovel KFC into my fat little face.

So yeah…bit of a rant/tangent there. But no, I do not want Kinect in Halo, or any other FPS for that matter. At the moment, it’s a great piece of tech to supplement certain types of games (RPGs, for example), but not fast paced, precision-based ones like an FPS.

Motion Controllers don’t work terrifically with FPS’s. Fixing up sensors for aiming, actually getting to grips with the movement, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, motion sensing is amazing technology. It just needs more development before putting it in a Halo-style game. I think that maybe working out some way of integrating a standard controller (movement) and an aiming Kinect Controller could be interesting…

> Motion Controllers don’t work terrifically with FPS’s. Fixing up sensors for aiming, actually getting to grips with the movement, etc.
>
> Don’t get me wrong, motion sensing is amazing technology. It just needs more development before putting it in a Halo-style game. I think that maybe working out some way of integrating a standard controller (movement) and an aiming Kinect Controller could be interesting…

First up, OHAI, Lars, Rogue and Pieman.

Next, although I think I can see no use for Kinect, if you take a piece of technology like Kinect, and combine it with a controller (as you said), you’d have a ‘nearly-virtual reality’ experience that I can actually see working for FPS’s.

For instance, if you have a controller-esque thingiemabob with a joystick on it for movement (like the Wiimote Nunchuck thing), and another one with a joystick for aiming and a trigger for shooting (connected wirelessly if possible), then stances and movements could control actions with an unprecedented awesomeness, e.g.:
Put one hand forward and one hand pulled back and punch with the back hand for a melee, or feel like a badass with dual-wielding; two crosshairs to aim with, and separate aiming controls to hit two targets at once if you can.
If it could be pulled off with technology, it would blow minds.

Unfortunately, Kinect falls short with the movement problem; it only works for static games or games where you are constantly in motion against your will, like Kinect Adventures or whatever.
And that is why it’s a gimmick; it doesn’t possess any way of actually being used for most genres of games, due to the distinct lack of in-depth controls.

However, it would be quite good for navigating the menus!

I agree that Kinect in its current state is unable to fit the needs of an effective FPS. I disagree with the previous statements that claim it has no place in the future of FPS’s however, in that by supplementing it with certain accessories it could make for a fulfilling gaming experience.

The movement problem could be easily remedied in a number of different ways. The first and simplest would be by walking in place. I believe that although the player may look ridiculous to others in the room (which imho they already do, even without the running in place), it would definitely help pace the games, limiting the current trend of increasing fast pacing in FPS’s. While for a particular market segment this is appealing (younger players with lightning fast thumbs), it is infinitely irritating to those of us whose thumbs cant move at a million miles an hour. By limiting movement to the speed of the player, and creating more difficulty in running and gunning, the game places more emphasis on physical conditioning to fast paced players, while simultaneously catering to those who are slower, giving them the option to find a location and assume a defensive stance. Yes this degree of realism in pacing would not appeal to high speed games like COD Black Ops, or perhaps Halo in its current form, but it would appeal to a good part of the market.

An alternative to running in place is the use of a pressure pad, similar to the one sold by Nintendo for the Wii. Exert pressure in a certain direction, and the player goes in that direction. Equal pressure, or step off, and you will remain in place. Vertical movement can be controlled by standing, sitting, kneeling, and lying down, with climbing/jumping involving a temporary relief in pressure on the pad, perhaps standing on one’s toes.

As far as weapon manipulation is concerned, that can be easily remedied by a light gun sold with the game (think a modern day Duck Hunt). This weapon could involve any number of configurations, with detachable magazines, a “switch to new weapon” button, safety, etc. The sky’s the limit. Hell, Microsoft could probably even make money marketing accessories for the weapon, perhaps offering different models/optics. Just throw a Picatinny rail and people could use real-life optics! If they really wanted to push the envelope, they could include a hydraulic system that simulated recoil. This would cut into profits substantially, maybe a rumble pack of sorts would be an acceptable compromise.

But how will the player turn, you ask? That problem can be solved easily. Aim the rifle toward the screen, you can engage targets to the front. Angle it left, right, down, up around the screen, the image will shift in that direction. The farther from the screen, the faster the player turns. perhaps have a foregrip with a pressure plate that allows this, so you can point the weapon down without looking at your feet.

These “Kinect is unuseable for FPS” people are shortsighted and lacking in creativity. Solutions will always exist, it will just take some time to implement them.

You people with your inferior motion sensor technology.

“Neural Implant Researched”

I think eventually Kinect or a Kinect like device will be able to allow for FPS play, but I don’t think it is anywhere near ready for a multiplayer game. The point of Kinect is that you don’t need a controller or peripherals, so adding a pressure pad or light gun, would make Kinect more like the Wii or Move. The movie Gamer (while not at all realistic…or that good) brought up some interesting ideas for Kinect like FPS controls, but they require a 360 degree viewable screen.

I don’t think so, it’ll be fatigue inducing.

It’ll be a lot better if a physical controller is available to supplement the full motion control.