What if we're fighting Ancient Prophets?

Now I know there’s a high possibility on Forerunners or Precursors (or both) being the main villain of the Reclaimer Trilogy, but what if it’s something else?
What if the Prophets that were left on their homeworld somehow got off and went to live in Requiem. Since they don’t have a poor genetic pool, they won’t look like the ugly worms that they are in the main trilogy. They would be a very beautiful race that wold probably be a great enemy against both Elites and Humans.

No, it has been said that it is a NEW unseen threat. Prophets controlled the covenant so they can’t be the enemy really.

Unlikely cause the Ancient Prophets were wiped out when the Halo rings were activated the rest were cataloged in the Dreadnoughts. Plus the Prophets from their home planet were killed when their home world went super nova so the only ones that are alive are the Reformists, which are the Covenant Loyalists Prophets whom are now in hiding.

> No, it has been said that it is a NEW unseen threat. Prophets controlled the covenant so they can’t be the enemy really.

As much as it was an interesting concept, I’m afraid I have to agree with this…

…Though just because they’re aren’t the Main Threat, it doesn’t rule out the possibility of them being involved entirely I guess…

Edit: Or if the posts in this Thread are accurate, I’d venture a guess that the probability of them turning up just forcefully decreased…

The only way I could see this working is if they went into hiding before the end of the Human-Forerunner War. Then I would hope/expect Humans to have gone with them. I do think the idea of ancient Humans still being out there somewhere is a great idea and the Prophets being with them would be interesting as well. After the end of the war though their planet was pretty well secured. I doubt they survived the Halo firing.

> No, it has been said that it is a NEW unseen threat. Prophets controlled the covenant so they can’t be the enemy really.

Did you even read the post?
Op’s talking about the ancient prophets not the covenant ones.

I’m just considering the small possibility. I would actually love to see Ancient Prophets show up as allies since they were alright with ancient humans.

We were fighting the Covenant before, we’re pretty much fighting a new threat if its a branch of the San Shyuum race from ancient times.

I seriously doubt we will be fighting Forerunners or Precursors in the new trilogy, they are pretty much gods of technology, how the hell is chief going to fight something like that? One shot from a powerful Forerunner gun might put John on the ground in have missing his stomach.

Perhaps some ancient Prophets will show up, but I doubt it. Weren’t the remnants of their descendants destroyed when the Keyship tore their planet apart?