What if we were to add scrapped content from Halo 1, 2, and 3 to Halo Infinite?

So, considering that some scrapped content will be in Halo 1 and 2 on the MCC as announced, I happen to wonder if some of that content will be in Halo Infinite in future patches, seasons, or DLCs. For example, I hope to see the Vulpard be of established content via being added to Halo Infinite. What do you guys think?

1 Like

The UI can’t support it… joking aside, that’s too much work, completely different engine and everything else

I’d like to see polished content added to a new game that isn’t even 1 year old yet.

I don’t want scraps cut from older games added to it.

Hoping some maps and rank guides etc will be added , I won’t hold my breath tho even if they did you wouldn’t get rid of the cheating and dsync that’s currently killing the game

Add it to the bottom of the barrel of things that actually matter and require development to be made or fixed.

There can be Halo Infinite engine versions of the scrapped content things. For example, we could see a model of the Vulpard that’s made for Halo Infinite.

Completely and utterly impossible without absolutely remaking every single aspect of the asset. They’d have to…

1: Model the content.
2: Rig it.
3: Animate it.
4: Texture it.
5: Add effects and emissives.
6: Add sounds (and that is a VERY hard task with 343i’s quality bar). (We’re talking projectile sound design, distance sounds, flyby, foley for reloading and other effects…)
7: Balance it in the sandbox.
8: Make sure it’s usable.

And that’s just for one thing. Imagine doing that for ten things.

That becomes months of development.

2 Likes

Make that years with how slow they are with infinite(for reasons that could’ve been prevented) lol

1 Like