What if we got weapon mods.....as a pickup

Think about it. Not the traditional Cod/BF loadout system.

Everybody starts the game equal. As you roam the map, you can find loose mods in places just like weapons and equipment. They’d purely be pickups. Things like Pistol Scopes, bright flashlights, suppressor, laser sights, ect.

Some mods are specific to some weapons.
Thoughts?

I think that it would be awesome to have an SMG then pick up an upgrade and it becomes a ODST SMG

No thanks. that would destroy balance

as much as you thought this was a good idea the problem is its just not something halo. GOW doesnt do it either and they are the creators of good wave modes.

> as much as you thought this was a good idea the problem is its just not something halo. GOW doesnt do it either and they are the creators of good wave modes.

But you could make the same argument that dual weilding and equipment wasnt Halo before Halo 2 and 3. And Halo is known to evolve. As long as they don’t mess with the basic idea of the formula, almost anything that’s not overdramatic could fit.
Our formula: Everyone is born equal. Same weapons and everything. As you roam the map you can find useful equipment like stronger weapons, vehicles, or powerups. Bungie added Equipment to the formula, and it worked, because they were pickups and were deployed once.

How’s this any different?

> > as much as you thought this was a good idea the problem is its just not something halo. GOW doesnt do it either and they are the creators of good wave modes.
>
> But you could make the same argument that dual weilding and equipment wasnt Halo before Halo 2 and 3. And Halo is known to evolve. As long as they don’t mess with the basic idea of the formula, almost anything that’s not overdramatic could fit.
> Our formula: Everyone is born equal. Same weapons and everything. As you roam the map you can find useful equipment like stronger weapons, vehicles, or powerups. Bungie added Equipment to the formula, and it worked, because they were pickups and were deployed once.
>
> How’s this any different?

I think it’ll mess with balance too much.

Yes you have other weapons around, but they all have their different strengths and weaknesses. If someone gets a rocket launcher, grab a medium to long-range weapon and stay out of close quarters, as you would with a shotgun. If you come across a sniper, make them panic and close up as quick as you can.

My point (Albeit with two examples limited solely to weapon range), is that Halo is a very well-woven tapestry. No matter what weapon someone picks up, it’s up to you to either find a better weapon, or utilise their weaknesses to your advantage. If we have mods, we’ll be in a situation where a weapon will either become too overpowered or it’ll limit the number of ways you can counter it. Hence, messes with the balance.

If I remember correctly, halo 3 equipment was rarely used and was taken out of matchmaking. Correct me If I’m wrong, I haven’t played halo 3 in a long time.

No just make it like halo 2/3.

> > as much as you thought this was a good idea the problem is its just not something halo. GOW doesnt do it either and they are the creators of good wave modes.
>
> But you could make the same argument that dual weilding and equipment wasnt Halo before Halo 2 and 3. And Halo is known to evolve. As long as they don’t mess with the basic idea of the formula, almost anything that’s not overdramatic could fit.
> Our formula: Everyone is born equal. Same weapons and everything. As you roam the map you can find useful equipment like stronger weapons, vehicles, or powerups. Bungie added Equipment to the formula, and it worked, because they were pickups and were deployed once.
>
> How’s this any different?

yes they add new things but its for the player not the weapon. some equipment and AAs were failures too but the problem with yours is you want a weapon that will make it better then it initial was. doing so would offset the balancing. the point is Halo is a complicated RPS system with damage sink it. adding this in would make the rock beat the paper with an upgrade to make his gun better. i have seen other things like ideas messing with VISR or NV and things like that that are actually good ideas and it doesnt offset the weapon.

Some of that could be fun. However bright flashes shouldn’t do anything as Spartans visors will automatically compensate.

> No just make it like halo 2/3.

> No just make it like halo 2/3.

People like you will destroy Halo.

Innovation = Fun = Continued Success of Halo

Stale Lack of Innovation = Tiresome " been there, done that" gameplay = Decline of Halo

Boom!

Still no.

I also do not think this would be a good idea. To me, it seems like it’s just more unnecessary stuff to pick up. While I’m sure most people would disagree with me, I loved the inclusion of armor abilities, due in part because invis and oversheield was basically removed.

No, OP, that still destroys halo’s balance. Besides, its not Battlefield, you dont need half those things. They’re just not halo. Far halo to come back on top it cannot swerve into the lane full of modern first person shooters (i.e CoD, Battlefield etc.) that the gaming industry is made of these days.