What if there was a horror Halo game spinoff

Wouldn’t it be cool if there was a halo spinoff game but it was a horror game? What do you think it would be about and what scary stuff you think would be in it? This is just a funny topic that I think it would be interesting to talk about :slight_smile:

Surviving the Flood infection from spreading. I mean, it was pretty scary when we were first introduced. I could certainly see something like that being turned into a horror game

yea with the intention of finding a way to survive against the flood would be cool

Easy: game adaptation of the events on the Mona Lisa. Survival horror game, focused on running from Flood, trying to escape the ship, and learning about the Flood throughout the game. Also add in an element of possible betrayal by the other survivors. Limit access to weapons so it really focuses on the horror aspect more than action.

> 2533274817408735;4:
> Easy: game adaptation of the events on the Mona Lisa. Survival horror game, focused on running from Flood, trying to escape the ship, and learning about the Flood throughout the game. Also add in an element of possible betrayal by the other survivors. Limit access to weapons so it really focuses on the horror aspect more than action.

Dang! That would be cool!

> 2533274817408735;4:
> Easy: game adaptation of the events on the Mona Lisa. Survival horror game, focused on running from Flood, trying to escape the ship, and learning about the Flood throughout the game. Also add in an element of possible betrayal by the other survivors. Limit access to weapons so it really focuses on the horror aspect more than action.

Sounds like dead space to me

> 2533274817408735;4:

If they gave us all of this but then made it more stealth based rather than run and shoot… omg, it has so much potential.

> 2535415966174493;7:
> > 2533274817408735;4:
> > Easy: game adaptation of the events on the Mona Lisa. Survival horror game, focused on running from Flood, trying to escape the ship, and learning about the Flood throughout the game. Also add in an element of possible betrayal by the other survivors. Limit access to weapons so it really focuses on the horror aspect more than action.
>
> If they gave us all of this but then made it more stealth based rather than run and shoot… omg, it has so much potential.

IKR

Flood, scary atmosphere, jumpscares, deaths. That’s what I want it to have.

I’d have it set during the events of Halo CE. We never knew the specific group/person of the covenant who accidentally released the flood. Maybe it can be a team of Covenant Spec Ops and we play from an Elite’s point of view? Imagine how horrified they must’ve been. It can probably go down the Resident Evil ORC route where the team gets abandoned by their commanders and have no choice but to survive the outbreak on their own. Somewhere down the story your whole team of Spec Ops dies by the hands of the flood so it adds that solo survival vibe. Then the story ends with an attempt of escaping Halo’s destruction.

Idk, just an idea. I know some of you will probably look at it like it wouldn’t be long enough for a campaign but just look at ODST. The rookie’s journey was all in one night. I’m sure writers can find a way to expand and add elements to a story that would make a worthy campaign out of a short story.

> 2535408989569569;1:
> Wouldn’t it be cool if there was a halo spinoff game but it was a horror game? What do you think it would be about and what scary stuff you think would be in it? This is just a funny topic that I think it would be interesting to talk about :slight_smile:

Alien Isolation but with the flood.

Halo 5`s narrative is already a horror story (gameplay is still pretty great though).