Deliver hope, Halsey´s diary, those trailers, firefight 2.0, etc everything was perfect except the facts we seen. I want to read your opinions if Reach and data drops are fine for you or as me, you prefer to imagine another Noble Team´s fall of Reach
- Battle of Sigma Octanus IV
- UNSC Iroquois compromised by Covenant Telemetry Probe
- Sometime between these dates the UNSC Iroquois returns to Reach, unknowingly giving the Covenant the Planet’s location.
- Reach loses contact with outer colonies
- Winter Contingency declared
(Reach - Winter Contingency)
(Dr. Halsey’s Journal: July 24th, 2552
“Meanwhile, receiving scattered data from the usual suspects concerning atmospheric anomalies along with radar and slipspace monitoring glitches. Compared these events to those recorded near Sigma Octanus. No match. Still, a series of coincidences usually aren’t coincidence.” )
- A single Covenant Corvette assaults SWORD Base and is destroyed by MAC Round.
- Dr. Halsey debriefs Noble Team on the events that occurred at Visegrad.
(Reach - Sword Base)
(People like to argue how this violates Ghosts of Onyx, however it does not because she doesn’t know they are Spartan IIIs.
“Even more intriguing are the others on this NOBLE Team. They are considerably younger than Jorge. The way these others move… they’re obviously augmented. Are they all Spartan-IIs? Or as I suspect from their inelegant personas, are they substandard versions of the Spartan-II? Perhaps from a parallel program (JAVELIN), or some next gen venture piggypacking on the last three decades of my work.”)
July 27th-August 10th:
- No enemy activity detected
- Operation: RED FLAG drafted
- Captain Jacob Keyes chosen for RED FLAG
- UNSC Pillar of Autumn chosen for RED FLAG
- Dr. Halsey splits Cortana into two fragments
(Dr. Halsey’s Journal: August 3rd, 2552
“I’ll copy most of her IEP translation routines to an independent module. Meanwhile, the incarnate Cortana will continue with John and Blue Team. Both operations are critical to the war effort. If Laszlo made a breakthrough, that data would aid Blue Team in enemy space. The severed data-mining portion of Cortana can then be reunited and she can update herself before Blue Team departs.” )
- Covenant forces reappear in greater numbers
- Recon teams deployed
(Reach - Nightfall)
- Spartan IIs return to Reach
- UNSC Army engages Covenant forces in Viery Territory
(Reach - Tip of the Spear)
- UNSC Air Force destroys Covenant Supercarrier Long Night of Solace
- Covenant reinforcements arrive
(Reach - Long Night of Solace)
- UNSC forces. including Noble Team, engage Covenant in New Alexandria
(Reach - Exodus / New Alexandria)
- Dr. Halsey momentarily examines holographic image of a mysterious crystal found on Sigma Octanus.
(It is said in TFoR that Cortana was able to decipher the Crystal’s markings but it never says how. Halo Reach, as well as Halsey’s Journal, confirm that she knew how to decipher the code because of her knowledge learned from the Forerunner structure. The patterns were not obviously recognized as star patterns because they were represented by Forerunner symbols. As Dr. Halsey states…
“Similarities to hypothesized navigational code in enemy transmissions are inconclusive. Possible IEP deconvolution? Is there a connection to these more 'standard stylized glyphs?”
- Cortana chooses John-117 as her Spartan for RED FLAG
- Dr. Halsey requests Noble Team to meet her at SWORD Base
(Noble Team was ordered to Sword Base for a “Torch and burn off”, however Dr. Halsey informs them that that mission was just a “pretext” to bring them to her.)
- Noble Team extracted from New Alexandria
- Spartan IIs informed of RED FLAG
- Cortana continues to learn and decipher the alien proto-culture language, code forms and technologies
(The Master Chief makes note that the training facility seemed “eerily silent” which of course is because no one was there to train as they were busy engaging the enemy for real elsewhere on the Planet. He also makes note that security was much more tight with “three times the number of MPs patrolling”. This heightened security would be because the enemy is on Reach but not yet near those facilities.)
- Master Chief trains with his Cortana fragment
- Dr. Halsey returns to SWORD Base
- Noble Team returns to SWORD Base
- Cortana chooses Noble Six as her escort
(Reach - The Package)
(Evidence suggests Halsey was able to return to SWORD Base on the 29th because she had a Military escort. Troopers were alive and “Committed to the position”, which was the entrance to Halsey’s lab. There were also “Others” who handled the demolition which means there was some other team working in unison with Noble. ODSTS? Other Spartans? This is unknown at this point but we do know they destroy everything successfully. Halsey also says she “requires no escort” possibly because she already knew someone else was there to assist her. Jun is ordered to go with her anyways.)
- The Fleet of Particular Justice assaults Reach
- Pillar of Autumn engages Covenant fleet.
- Spartans deployed to Reach
- Autumn returns to Reach for rearmament, picks up Cortana fragment, escapes Reach
(Reach - The Pillar of Autumn / Lone Wolf)
(Dr. Halsey’s Journal: August 30th, 2552
“The Covenant on Reach. NOT a scout party; they are here en masse. I’ve seen the reports of how ‘contained’ the situation is - military shorthand for ‘it’-Yoink!- the fan’.”
(Cortana uses the knowledge gained from the Forerunner artifact under Sword Base to determine what the patterns on the Crystal mean. They are coordinates which lead them to Alpha Halo.)
Considering the events of Halo Reach do not interfere with the events of Nylund’s book, I don’t really need to reimagine what happened.
Credit for the timeline goes to Nihilius Shadow.
that is a possible timeline but one question, who ordered the start of Red Flag if the Covenant (TFoR) were already on Reach. If ONI decided to use Reach as a bat and they lost Long Night of Solace, it could be possible that the Covenant had sent another Cruiser or superior class. So why and who sent all spartan II alive (except Grey Team) far from Reach? The Covenant could not send a bigger invasion to avoid damage over Sword Base, so it is ok. ONI could order to the Navy to reduce the defenses to increase the bat plan, but if the jackpot is to assault and take a covenant cruiser with the spartans II, why send them out?
Data drops were good but my question is if you like Reach or prefer another history based on the first two trailers.
> that is a possible timeline but one question, who ordered the start of Red Flag if the Covenant (TFoR) were already on Reach. If ONI decided to use Reach as a bat and they lost Long Night of Solace, it could be possible that the Covenant had sent another Cruiser or superior class. So why and who sent all spartan II alive (except Grey Team) far from Reach? The Covenant could not send a bigger invasion to avoid damage over Sword Base, so it is ok. ONI could order to the Navy to reduce the defenses to increase the bat plan, but if the jackpot is to assault and take a covenant cruiser with the spartans II, why send them out?
> Data drops were good but my question is if you like Reach or prefer another history based on the first two trailers.
Well, by the time of those first two trailers, the story was pretty much set in stone, so I don’t see the difference.