What If Mantises Could Combine?

I know this won’t be in Halo 5, yet I dreamt about this a couple days ago. What if when you’re in a Mantis and you come across an empty Mantis, you get the option to combine into a slightly bigger Mantis that is more powerful?
Since this only came to me in a dream, I’m not going into balancing specifics, but it looked damn cool. This Mega-Mantis would be more powerful and stronger than the normal Mantis. Obvious drawbacks are the size of it, making it an easy target and hard to maneuver in tight spaces.
What does everyone think of this?

I could see forerunner vehicles do it (they DO do it in the books), but for human stuff it’d just look weird.

MANTIS MEGAZORD POWER UP

How would that work?

It wouldn’t be that much more powerful. 2 rocket pobs and 2 machine gun arms…It’d just be a bigger target. You couldn’t cover all 360 degrees around you as only 1 pilot…

> 2533274964189700;2:
> I could see forerunner vehicles do it (they DO do it in the books), but for human stuff it’d just look weird.

This

If you get 5 mantis’ together, can you make the power rangers thing?

> 2533274938678576;6:
> If you get 5 mantis’ together, can you make the power rangers thing?

Yes.

> 2533274938678576;6:
> If you get 5 mantis’ together, can you make the power rangers thing?

Too late, I already referenced Power Rangers.

> 2535420173284506;8:
> > 2533274938678576;6:
> > If you get 5 mantis’ together, can you make the power rangers thing?
>
>
> Too late, I already referenced Power Rangers.

I don’t read all responses, but sure if you want the credit, have at it broseph.

> 2533274938678576;9:
> > 2535420173284506;8:
> > > 2533274938678576;6:
> > > If you get 5 mantis’ together, can you make the power rangers thing?
> >
> >
> > Too late, I already referenced Power Rangers.
>
>
> I don’t read all responses, but sure if you want the credit, have at it broseph.

Actually I take credit for that. Because this is the internet and thats how it works.

But really…Morphing vehicals in Halo. Could only work with Forerunners

Sounds like power rangers

Probably not the Mantis, but I could see a War Sphinx doing it.

If the Mantis were forerunner vehicles, yes, but not human now.

Kids and their Power Rangers… VOLTRON FTW!!!
But otherwise, the armament on the Mantis isn’t purposed to combine and increase firepower or defensive capabilities so I am not for it. The very tech of the machine isn’t meant for such awesomeness.
And when it comes to combining, unfortunately I will betray everyone to gain full control of such a beast, unless the rest of team is fine with using secondary and/or defensive options while I Gundam my opponents.

> 2603643534597848;14:
> Kids and their Power Rangers… VOLTRON FORCE FTW!!!

I don’t remember which came first by I know the Transformers also did a mega merger robot or two

Only if we can fight Angels and shout “Who the hell do you think we are?!” after giving a badass speech in a Mantis that stands on top of the universe.

HAHA…that would be so awesome!!!

look, the joke about power ranger Spartans was a joke. This is a bit far.

“Look it’s very simple guys. Green Megaman goes with Red Megaman and Yellow Megaman to make the Ultra Mega Megaman. You have to have all three or it doesn’t work, see?”

Voltron assemble! And every character controls one limb of the Mega Mantis Zord!