What if, instead of Loadouts, 343 did this

I was playing the trial for Murder Miners yesterday, and for those that don’t know, it is basically “Halo meets Minecraft”. Anyway, instead of having loadouts, this game had about 5 weapons you could choose to spawn with, and you could select two out of the five. For example, I could choose to spawn with a machine gun and a shotgun, or a sniper and a pistol.

I thought, what if Halo 4 had this instead of personal loadouts? I was thinking, that since many people don’t like loadouts, this could be a nice middle ground between classic Halo and the loadouts we have right now.

We could have 4 weapons to choose from, all UNSC weapons to fit with the Infinity theme around multiplayer, the DMR, BR, AR, and Magnum would all be what we could choose from. So, I could choose to spawn with a BR and a Magnum, or a DMR and an AR or something. It would look something like this:

Before a match starts, this ring would appear and, using the left stick, you would choose your two weapons

Obviously, we would only be able to choose from weapons like these, and not a shotgun or a sniper. As for the other starting weapons like the Boltshot and the Storm Rifle, these could just be map pickups. In Custom Games, we can edit the choices so we can choose what weapon choices we have.

As for Armor Abilities and perks, I’d say AA’s could just be map pickups, and we could honestly do away with the perks. Or, everyone can just spawn with Resupply and Explosives. I even wouldn’t mind keeping perks the way they are, but only for the more casual playlists.

These are just my thoughts on loadouts. I would like to know what everyone else thinks, but this thread will probably just get buried under all the complaining threads, so if you do happen to find this thread, I would like to know your thoughts on this.

I dont like that it would render the assault rifle and magnum more useless then they already are

In what way? You can still choose the AR and Magnum if you want. Granted most people would choose the BR or DMR, but that shouldn’t stop anyone from using the AR or Magnum if they want. It’s not like this would change how powerful the AR and Magnum are.

> I dont like that it would render the assault rifle and magnum more useless then they already are

How are they useless? Explain.

How about we realize that armor abilities, perks and spawn-weapon selection don’t belong in Halo?

Make each player spawn with a BR, AR and 2 frag grenades in every gametype across the board.

How about 343I did this:

1.- AA’s
2.- Remove Load outs
3.- Make power weapons and equipment (AC and Over shield) pickups
4.- Start all players with the same weapons (equal footing)

You know… make Halo… well Halo!

LOL Why are you describing Halo Reach?

It’s clear that many people opposed to loadouts do not like this idea either.

I’m providing an alternative to loadouts, a hybrid of personal loadouts and game loadouts if you will. I, like many other people, like being able to choose what weapons you can spawn with, but this is more of a simplistic version of loadouts. It would still have the arena shooter feel to it since most weapons and AA’s would be map pickups, but you can still choose what weapon you want to spawn with.

> > I dont like that it would render the assault rifle and magnum more useless then they already are
>
> How are they useless? Explain.

The assault rifle is destroyed by the br at close range . The magnum is also useless too compared to the boltshot and plasma pistol