what if in the campain

you could order some spartans or marines or odst to like follow you or just stay at one place and for firefight you could possibly have some ai helping u

That was going to be a feature in Halo Reach, any marines or allies you partnered up with could receive go and come commands. From what I’ve read though Bungie scraped the idea. It still sounds like a cool concept, but I could see how AI programming could make it a difficult task.

I read this: http://kotaku.com/5621058/a-day-with-the-finished-halo-reach

in the article the author states: “you sometimes fight alongside a bunch of other characters. You’ll see the names of ally characters in the lower left of your screen. I noticed up to four slots for tag-along characters, all of whom are both helpful and potential cannon fodder. In a later mission I had named UNSC soldiers fighting with me. You add these people by running past them in missions.”

So it seems they didn’t scrap it after all.

> I read this: http://kotaku.com/5621058/a-day-with-the-finished-halo-reach
>
> in the article the author states: “you sometimes fight alongside a bunch of other characters. You’ll see the names of ally characters in the lower left of your screen. I noticed up to four slots for tag-along characters, all of whom are both helpful and potential cannon fodder. In a later mission I had named UNSC soldiers fighting with me. You add these people by running past them in missions.”
>
> So it seems they didn’t scrap it after all.

The allies will follow you or stick with an objective, but they cannot receive commands.

> > I read this: http://kotaku.com/5621058/a-day-with-the-finished-halo-reach
> >
> > in the article the author states: “you sometimes fight alongside a bunch of other characters. You’ll see the names of ally characters in the lower left of your screen. I noticed up to four slots for tag-along characters, all of whom are both helpful and potential cannon fodder. In a later mission I had named UNSC soldiers fighting with me. You add these people by running past them in missions.”
> >
> > So it seems they didn’t scrap it after all.
>
> The allies will follow you or stick with an objective, but they cannot receive commands.

My mistake. I didn’t quite catch that. Yeah it would have been cool. but it still is cool that they will follow.

with that comes more controles that i mean u just dont have on a xbox controler and even if it was voice activated it would just suck like what game was that the whole thing was voice controle i think it was a clancie game but what ever it sounds cool in theroy but i dont think it would have worked for this game

This really isn’t a squad based shooter, though.

> This really isn’t a squad based shooter, though.

Yeah even from the start it was a lone wolf game so they had to keep that feel even when your supposed to be fighting together to save a planet.

I heard that the Reach campaign and Firefight where both 4 player co-op on the same Xbox 360 console. Did i hear right?

Sorry if this is random, but can you use your custom SPARTANII soldier in the Campaign and Firefight**, or is it just** Multiplayer like the other games?