What if Halo:Xbox One is a Expansion of Halo4

As the title suggest, what if the new halo is a expansion or odst like game. I have been hearing from different sources that Halo: Xbox One is not Halo 5 and if that is the case then it could be possible that 343 is trying to bring Halo 4s multiplayer over to the Xbox One. Since halo 4 would have only reached its 2 year life span by 2014 it is possible 343 would want to keep halo 4 alive until halo 5 is to actually release. But with it being a expansion that does not mean it can’t provide something new, as it is entirely possible that we could get a new campaign that is set in between the 6 months after the campaign and before Spartan Ops time frame. As well as Halo 4 entire multiplayer including all map packs and may even a new one. But this is just my speculation and I could be completely off. What do you all think?

Dear GANDHI you may be on to something!!!

Apparently it’s impossible to have a game that stars the Chief that takes place in between Halo 4 and 5.

> Apparently it’s impossible to have a game that stars the Chief that takes place in between Halo 4 and 5.

Not impossible, but it would break the trend. I feel like a spin-off with Chief is just too much Chief.

> > Apparently it’s impossible to have a game that stars the Chief that takes place in between Halo 4 and 5.
>
> Not impossible, but it would break the trend. I feel like a spin-off with Chief is just too much Chief.

I was making fun of the people that have a hard time comprehending the notion of a Halo set in between numbered titles and starring the Chief.

> > > Apparently it’s impossible to have a game that stars the Chief that takes place in between Halo 4 and 5.
> >
> > Not impossible, but it would break the trend. I feel like a spin-off with Chief is just too much Chief.
>
> I was making fun of the people that have a hard time comprehending the notion of a Halo set in between numbered titles and <mark>staring</mark> the Chief.

*starring

> > > > Apparently it’s impossible to have a game that stars the Chief that takes place in between Halo 4 and 5.
> > >
> > > Not impossible, but it would break the trend. I feel like a spin-off with Chief is just too much Chief.
> >
> > I was making fun of the people that have a hard time comprehending the notion of a Halo set in between numbered titles and <mark>staring</mark> the Chief.
>
> *starring

Oops, I didn’t see that. I’m posting from my phone so some times these things slip. Thankfully we have guys like you to point out spelling errors. I’ll fix it now.

I was actually thinking about earlier, too.

Maybe they’ll pull a Valve and make it Halo 4: Episode One (comes with an updated Halo 4 and a new expansion of the story.)

> > > > Apparently it’s impossible to have a game that stars the Chief that takes place in between Halo 4 and 5.
> > >
> > > Not impossible, but it would break the trend. I feel like a spin-off with Chief is just too much Chief.
> >
> > I was making fun of the people that have a hard time comprehending the notion of a Halo set in between numbered titles and <mark>staring</mark> the Chief.
>
> *starring

seig heil

> I was actually thinking about earlier, too.
>
> Maybe they’ll pull a Valve and make it Halo 4: Episode One (comes with an updated Halo 4 and a new expansion of the story.)

If it is a expansion I would rather it be a odst-esq game instead of some form of episode. I would rather the story be its own thing istead of trying to push the story forward, as that is what the main story is for.

I sort of hope it’s Halo 4 with more campaign to help bridge the gaps between 4 and 5 for Chief, SpOps season 2 would be nice

Cross platform play with halo 4 on the 360 would be impossible.

No, its basically Halo 5, they just haven’t come up with the official name for it yet.
That is all it is, nothing else.

Sorry to be the spoil sport :stuck_out_tongue:

> No, its basically Halo 5, they just haven’t come up with the official name for it yet.
> That is all it is, nothing else.
>
> Sorry to be the spoil sport :stuck_out_tongue:

For all we know you could be right, your guess is as good as anyone else.

> “If you look at Halo traditionally, whether it’s bringing monks on stage or doing a nice piece around where the story is, we usually have two E3s with the game. We introduce the game and then give more detail, so you can see this is a strategy that has worked for us before. 343 came up with a nice piece they wanted to show, and people who’ve finished Halo 4 know where Master Chief is with his journey. The end of that game was a difficult time for him and his relationship with Cortana, so now he’s searching. We haven’t named the game yet. It was just purely, “Halo is coming” and we wanted to give it a date. This was just more about confirming that 343 are making a real Halo game, a first person shooter, coming in 2014.”
> - Microsoft’s Phil Spencer

It wouldn’t be an expansion per se. An expansion would add onto Halo 4. I doubt 343 will create a game on one console that adds onto a game on a whole nother console…