What if Halo 6 does not release until the Xbox 2?

This is unlikely, at least I really hope it is; but say 343-which Microsoft formed-is not planning to release Halo 6 until the Xbox two comes out. This would mean we’d have to buy a console plus the game to play Halo 6. Not only would that alone suck, but the Xbox one came out in 2013. Which is only five years ago compared to the Xbox 360 which was Microsoft’s main stream console for eight years. Again, this is unlikely because the one x just came out, but what if this was the case.

I’d be pissed if they ended up calling it Xbox two. It was dumb enough they called their third console Xbox one. -_-

If it was the case, then we would be waiting for H6 for many more years to come. Seeing how the H5 dev support is almost a ghost town now, I think we can assume that they’re currently working on H6 or some major spin-off game.

I doubt Halo 6 will be on the next-box, the new console doesn’t seem likely that it’s releasing all that soon with the relatively recent release of the One X and games for current gen releasing next year. We have at least until 2020 before the next gen consoles and Halo 6 has ought to release by then.

> 2533274933538004;2:
> I’d be pissed if they ended up calling it Xbox two. It was dumb enough they called their third console Xbox one. -_-

I agree. I just called it that because of the Xbox one.

> 2533274882881665;4:
> I doubt Halo 6 will be on the next-box, the new console doesn’t seem likely that it’s releasing all that soon with the relatively recent release of the One X and games for current gen releasing next year. We have at least until 2020 before the next gen consoles and Halo 6 has ought to release by then.

Yeah 100%

> 2535433389928120;1:
> This is unlikely, at least I really hope it is; but say 343-which Microsoft formed-is not planning to release Halo 6 until the Xbox two comes out. This would mean we’d have to buy a console plus the game to play Halo 6. Not only would that alone suck, but the Xbox one came out in 2013. Which is only five years ago compared to the Xbox 360 which was Microsoft’s main stream console for eight years. Again, this is unlikely because the one x just came out, but what if this was the case.

I don’t see a new system for the xbox for at leaSt another 3 or 4 years.And a lot of people wouldn’t even bother buying it just to play halo 6.I got the xbox one for mcc and halo 5 and we all know how that played out.I don’t see people doing that again

> 2533274830166194;7:
> > 2535433389928120;1:
> > This is unlikely, at least I really hope it is; but say 343-which Microsoft formed-is not planning to release Halo 6 until the Xbox two comes out. This would mean we’d have to buy a console plus the game to play Halo 6. Not only would that alone suck, but the Xbox one came out in 2013. Which is only five years ago compared to the Xbox 360 which was Microsoft’s main stream console for eight years. Again, this is unlikely because the one x just came out, but what if this was the case.
>
> I don’t see a new system for the xbox for at leaSt another 3 or 4 years.And a lot of people wouldn’t even bother buying it just to play halo 6.I got the xbox one for mcc and halo 5 and we all know how that played out.I don’t see people doing that again

Yeah I don’t know what they could do to make it even better then the Xbox one X.

Then Halo could possibly be deep on feces. Given Xbox One still hasnt pulled its stuff together.

The release sales would likely be just horrible and companies dont seem to make plans for new sequels if the money wont start flowing relatively fast. Timing is one big thing when releasing the game hence why many big franchises release their games near christmas.

> 2533274893363107;8:
> > 2533274830166194;7:
> > > 2535433389928120;1:
> > > This is unlikely, at least I really hope it is; but say 343-which Microsoft formed-is not planning to release Halo 6 until the Xbox two comes out. This would mean we’d have to buy a console plus the game to play Halo 6. Not only would that alone suck, but the Xbox one came out in 2013. Which is only five years ago compared to the Xbox 360 which was Microsoft’s main stream console for eight years. Again, this is unlikely because the one x just came out, but what if this was the case.
> >
> > I don’t see a new system for the xbox for at leaSt another 3 or 4 years.And a lot of people wouldn’t even bother buying it just to play halo 6.I got the xbox one for mcc and halo 5 and we all know how that played out.I don’t see people doing that again
>
> Yeah I don’t know what they could do to make it even better then the Xbox one X.

There’s a lot more they could do as it’s still behind a pc in tech. For starters they could deliver on true 4k gaming, not something that runs in 4k when it chooses to, plenty of X enhanced games have the issue of dropping out of 4k. They could improve even further on performance from loading power, memory size, better tech to handle 60fps gaming at a more consistent rate, ect ect. The X isn’t a milestone of Microsoft’s best hardware, they can go much further if they choose to.

@OP: unlikely as you said that they wait till the next generation. What kind of exclusive flagship franchise are you if you’re only putting out one new title on a console? The Xbox one has only had halo 5 and that’s it, how are you getting sales and driving your influence if you’re holding it back by waiting till next generation? It just gives people another reason not to even buy an Xbox, I’m not going to spend 500$+ on just one game, instead I’ll be waiting out on a price drop on the console itself, the game and waiting for when there’s a collection of other games that justify buying it all.

That’s never gonna happen for several reasons. 1 the next Xbox is still years and years away, 2 -Yoink!- wouldn’t want to want that long to release one of their best exclusives so the longest we’d have to wait is til 2019. On a side note I hope to god they do not call it Xbox 2, id rather be named anything else.

If it does come out for Xbox Two than that just means we’re much closer to next gen than we thought because I can’t imagine Halo 6 being released past 2020.
(o_O )

> 2533274923562209;10:
> > 2533274893363107;8:
> > > 2533274830166194;7:
> > > > 2535433389928120;1:
> > > > This is unlikely, at least I really hope it is; but say 343-which Microsoft formed-is not planning to release Halo 6 until the Xbox two comes out. This would mean we’d have to buy a console plus the game to play Halo 6. Not only would that alone suck, but the Xbox one came out in 2013. Which is only five years ago compared to the Xbox 360 which was Microsoft’s main stream console for eight years. Again, this is unlikely because the one x just came out, but what if this was the case.
> > >
> > > I don’t see a new system for the xbox for at leaSt another 3 or 4 years.And a lot of people wouldn’t even bother buying it just to play halo 6.I got the xbox one for mcc and halo 5 and we all know how that played out.I don’t see people doing that again
> >
> > Yeah I don’t know what they could do to make it even better then the Xbox one X.
>
> There’s a lot more they could do as it’s still behind a pc in tech. For starters they could deliver on true 4k gaming, not something that runs in 4k when it chooses to, plenty of X enhanced games have the issue of dropping out of 4k. They could improve even further on performance from loading power, memory size, better tech to handle 60fps gaming at a more consistent rate, ect ect. The X isn’t a milestone of Microsoft’s best hardware, they can go much further if they choose to.
>
> @OP: unlikely as you said that they wait till the next generation. What kind of exclusive flagship franchise are you if you’re only putting out one new title on a console? The Xbox one has only had halo 5 and that’s it, how are you getting sales and driving your influence if you’re holding it back by waiting till next generation? It just gives people another reason not to even buy an Xbox, I’m not going to spend 500$+ on just one game, instead I’ll be waiting out on a price drop on the console itself, the game and waiting for when there’s a collection of other games that justify buying it all.

But no one is going to pay I’m guessing around $850 just for that if they already have a Xbox one X.

Considering the next PS console is at least still three years away it’s safe to say that’s probably the case for the next Xbox. So if it were only coming out in the next generation, that would really suck because that would most likely mean no H6 for at least three more years.

There’s no way they would do that, but another updated halo anniversary would be nice.

> 2533274893363107;13:
> But no one is going to pay I’m guessing around $850 just for that if they already have a Xbox one X.

It would be way less than that. You have to remember that we’re talking another 2 to 4 years away so 4K stuff will be a lot more common. They’ll also probably have discounted One X’s by that time.

> 2727626560040591;16:
> > 2533274893363107;13:
> > But no one is going to pay I’m guessing around $850 just for that if they already have a Xbox one X.
>
> It would be way less than that. You have to remember that we’re talking another 2 to 4 years away so 4K stuff will be a lot more common. They’ll also probably have discounted One X’s by that time.

But still it would be a lot of money that people wouldn’t want to spend on those upgrades.

> 2533274893363107;17:
> But still it would be a lot of money that people wouldn’t want to spend on those upgrades.

I don’t think it would be much different from any other new console release. I wouldn’t be surprised if it actually sold better than the One X considering it would have better 4K features plus the other things mentioned in the previous post. Also, most 4K tv’s would likely be cheaper than they are now which can be another incentive to get it.

> 2533274813444880;15:
> There’s no way they would do that, but another updated halo anniversary would be nice.

Yeah alot of people wanted halo 3 anniversary or reach anniversary.

Personally speaking, I think it’d be madness to think Halo 6 (or equivalent) would be delayed until a new Xbox console is released. It’s been nearly 3 years since H5 released and pushing back the release date on the next game would stagnate things. At the very least, it would be made with the existing and upcoming consoles in mind without making us players too impatient and spend some money on a new console entirely just to play it.

And to digress a bit, something tells me that the next Xbox console will be called the “Xbox One XL”, which may push the boundaries even further beyond the already-impressive Xbox One X. And no, it won’t have to be the size of a DVR in order to accomplish it. “Xbox Two” just doesn’t sound right to me.