What if Halo 4's multiplayer was like this?

I have thought for a while about what my perfect Halo 4 multiplayer would be like compared to Halo: Reach.
It would be horrible. I mean like it would just make you depressed. So I thought about it some more and what people liked about halo, but I also thought there should be new things to. If feedback is possible from my favorite reader (that’s you!), I would love to see how you hate everything I am about to write.

First Topic: Armor/Armour Abilities; You either like them, hate the, or are somewhere in between. I understand some people think a few are REALLY overpowered (evade we’re looking at you.), but they worked decently in Reach. Now I know I am going to get a few angry people for saying this but they have to be removed… and be replaced with equipment. Now some may say “WHAT!”, “okay”, or even rarely “no?”, but after my second and thrid topic it will make sense. Just think about it. Overshields instead Armor Lock. Invisiblity instead Invisiblity.( change Halo Reach’s for 3’s.) Bubble Shield instead of Drop shield. Ect. Now you may think that they would be super overpowered if you spawn with them, but what if you didn’t? What if they could be placed on the map so that people go to them not only for there benifits but also for map control. Kind of like the Pit in Halo 3. Maybe 2-6 a map depending on size. Each would be useful to the map. A map with height and many floors could have a jetpack or two. Not bad right?(I hope)

Second Topic: Weapon Placement; How do I start this topic off… Think of Halo 3, Valhalla, 5 vs. 5, start of the match. Now you may go get the banshee or the sniper, but I perferred to go out like a speeding bullet and get that warm spartan laser in my hands. Problem was the other team went for it to and were just as close to it as me. Why was that? It was in the center. Why was that? It is one awesome weapon? Why would they place the awesome weapon in the center of the map? Weapon placement. Now not all weapons need to be death machines to be an important. If you are playing slayer and you start with a AR and a pistol you may look for a DMR. Problem is weapons aren’t placed around the map as much in Reach as in past halo games. That’s why I think maps should increase the amount of weapons placed around the map. This could compliment the armor abilities in Topic One. A sword next to an overshield. Invis. with sniper. Put that at the center of the map and you got a reason for map control. Placing plasma pistols around the map could change a battle with a warthog if there were more arocund the maps. Big or small weapons around the map is what makes halo unique to some FPS games.

Third Topic: Loadouts; I love loadouts. They give you options, but honestly for most gametypes it just helps you pick armor abilities. Now in my imaginary Halo 4 where there are equipment like items instead and with all the weapons placed around the map how much use would they be? Not much. Though there are a few gametypes where loadouts shine, like invasion, they wouldn’t be needed. Though they could still be an option in custom games and a few multiplayer gametypes, I think it would be better if they weren’t there most of the time. Keep everyone on the same level.

Final Topic: Vehicles; Now I am sure many of you guys know of the Warthog. Four wheels. No doors. Gaint turret. Did you know there are things like warthogs called cars and trucks in real life. So why is it that these vehiles 500 years before this game is supposed to happen, not tip over from rifle rounds when the warthog does. Someone may say,“Well the warthog is a light weight vehicle that drives at around 90 miles per hour, so it would be unstable.” Guess what I don’t care. What I do care about is how it works gameplay wise. All vehicles should be a little stronger. No more tanks destroyed from sniper fire, No more falcons from killed with focus rifles, and no more tipped over warthogs. I don’t think they should be like in halo 3, but there should be a place in the middle where they can be on the killable scale. Or at the very least stablity scale.

I know these won’t look awesome to everyone but I would love to hear your thoughts so post.

Short version (Not good at these.)
One: Make armor abilities equipment.
Two: More Weapons on map.
Three:Less Loadouts.
Four: Stronger vehicles.
Post (I mean it.) (Kind of…)(…)

They could just copy Halo 2 or Halo 3 for multiplayer. Even Combat Evolved PC had less -Yoink- than Reach (cough Armor Lock and Bloom cough). Unfortunately, Halo is now being made for the casual 12 year olds who beg mommy to buy it for them, then proceed to AR rush and double melee, before armor locking to avoid death. If Halo 4 is like Reach, I won’t be buying it.

Well, to me this just sounds dreadful.

Why would the spartan laser be somewhere else? To make a map uneven? Or if theres more than one than thats just rediculous. Vehicles on both bases wouldnt stand a chance. As for the abilities, they should put in a sprint button (ex. COD, Gears, etc.) but I guess there could be overshield and invisibility on the map. Why would they put a power weapon next to a power-up? It’s slayer not juggernaut…

Sorry, but don’t like it.

> Well, to me this just sounds dreadful.
>
> Why would the spartan laser be somewhere else? To make a map uneven? Or if theres more than one than thats just rediculous. Vehicles on both bases wouldnt stand a chance. As for the abilities, they should put in a sprint button (ex. COD, Gears, etc.) but I guess there could be overshield and invisibility on the map. Why would they put a power weapon next to a power-up? It’s slayer not juggernaut…
>
> Sorry, but don’t like it.

I meant it was a good thing about the laser being at the center of the map, but I understand what you mean about the armor abilities.

Reach changed Halo too much. Halo 4 should be just like Halo 2 and Halo 3 multiplayer. None of this special crap like credits and AAs, spartans vs elites, invasion, or firefight stuff. In my opinion, there was no need to add that. Halo 4 needs to be like the past Halo games, just a campaign, a multiplayer, and custom games/forge (Forge was probably the only good addition to Halo from H2 to H3). Playlists should be like the past multiplayer games, like Team Slayer, Team Snipers, MLG, Big Team, Objectives and all that. Reach just killed Halo for me with all of the changes. Change can be good sometimes, but Reach was say too much change. Halo 4 needs to be like the past Halo mutliplayer.

> They could just copy Halo 2 or Halo 3 for multiplayer. Even Combat Evolved PC had less Yoink! than Reach (cough Armor Lock and Bloom cough). Unfortunately, Halo is now being made for the casual 12 year olds who beg mommy to buy it for them, then proceed to AR rush and double melee, before armor locking to avoid death. If Halo 4 is like Reach, I won’t be buying it.

Same here.

So long as it works as a halo game and doesn’t end up like Reach, I’m game for it.