What if: H2A - Any map 343i cameo you want?

If 343i does develop Halo 2 Anniversary, I think many of us would like to see it return with it’s multiplayer intact. Right now Halo 2 is the only Halo game we can’t play online through one means or another, with Halo CE PC Servers still running, but Halo 2 Xbox and PC servers down permanently. And Halo 3, Reach, and 4 guaranteed to run as long as Xbox 360 game servers continue to be up.

That said, I think we’d all like the Superbounce bug fixed, button combos to stick around (because they were a relatively fair glitch that effectively helped make Halo 2 the game it was). And perhaps Superbounces existing as a custom games option?

Anyway, with that behind us, if Halo 2 returned with it’s own multiplayer, what 343i created map would you like to make a cameo appearance?

Note 343i created all maps for Halo 4 except Ragnarok and Pitfall, and they were responsible for the final Reach map pack, so Highlands and Condemned can definitely be considered valid choices. As well keep in mind this is considering Halo 2 Anniversary included every DLC/PC exclusive map for the game as well, so we can really pick any type of map without worrying about size/symmetry variety, as including the map packs Halo 2 had plenty of maps of all varieties.

I’d say the map I’d like to see the most for a cameo appearance is Perdition. I feel like this map fits the Halo 2 aesthetic almost perfectly, as well it is nice to have BTB maps that aren’t so heavily vehicle centric, and I feel like we didn’t get enough of this map in MM.

While I understand that this is a wish list I feel I gotta point out that none of this is really possible. Creating new maps would require 343i to reconfigure everything to use the Halo 2 Engine assuming that it exists in its entirety. Also additional programming would have to be put in to make sure menus recognize all the maps and display them and all that.

If we’re assuming that they’re remaking the entire game in a new engine then we really are shooting for the stars. Remaking a game in a whole new engine is not easy and would basically take an entire development cycle.

See, the thing is, IF Halo 2:A is even happening, then it would be just the Campaign. It would more than likely play out like CE:A did; the original game, with an underlying updated graphics engine that can be toggled on the fly. That means Superbounces wouldn’t be fixed due to how the game was programmed, although it wouldn’t hurt since there’s no Halo 2 multiplayer aspects.

Multiplayer would not return. If anything, it would be the Beta Halo 5 Multiplayer that would come as a download access code with H2A to access it.

The only thing we can hope for is H2A coming with a Beta of 5’s multiplayer that will probably come with a couple H2 map remakes. Of these remakes, I strongly hope for Burial Mounds, Terminal, and Turf.

The 1 thing that makes Halo so much fun (from Halo 2’s view) is the amount of map freedom you had. No stupid soft-kill barriers on ledges that are a little high up, etc. If 343 wants a successful Halo, then they need to let up on some of the forced map playspaces and allow a little bit more freedom to explore. This also goes for Forged maps.

Guys come on, the point of this thread isn’t to argue whether or not H2A is happening, or whether or not it would have multiplayer, it is to ask what 343i developed map you think would work in a Halo 2 game.

It’s a what-if.

And as per the above post, 343i may have made mistakes in the past, but they aren’t stupid. They know Halo 4’s population is incredibly low, and no amount of extra effort they put into it would bring numbers back up. Which means they are smart enough to figure out that Halo 2 Anniversary with it’s own multiplayer, would attract a lot more attention and sales than just a Campaign with a Halo 4 map pack.

Relic, definitely Relic. Waterworks would be sweet too.

> Relic, definitely Relic. Waterworks would be sweet too.

you forgot Terminal and Containment :smiley:

And you guys also missread the thread. I’m not asking what Halo 2 map you’d like in Halo 4’s multiplayer. I’m asking the exact opposite. If Halo 2 Anniversary had it’s own Multiplayer, what map created by 343i would you like to see make a cameo appearance.

That includes Highlands, or Condemned from Reach. Or any map in Halo 4 except Ragnarok and Piftall.

> And you guys also missread the thread. I’m not asking what Halo 2 map you’d like in Halo 4’s multiplayer. I’m asking the exact opposite. If Halo 2 Anniversary had it’s own Multiplayer, what map created by 343i would you like to see make a cameo appearance.
>
> That includes Highlands, or Condemned from Reach. Or any map in Halo 4 except Ragnarok and Piftall.

Either Longbow or Apex from SpOps.

Well if we’re doing that then… :stuck_out_tongue:

Condemned would be a great map, I loved it in Reach, a shame it didn’t appear a lot. It seems like it would play great with Halo 2.

I also believe Shatter would be a good map. There’s something about it that reminds me of Waterworks and it has a special place in my heart. :stuck_out_tongue: Besides with its barriers the Superbounce would either be useless or a tactical advantage.

I’d really love a Halo 2: Anniversary with 100% of its fullness (which means multiplayer) remade. It would also be a treat to have every map, including the DLC and possibly even the exclusive PC maps, make an HD return.

The one map not included in Halo 2 that I would definitely love a return of is Guardian.

> Well if we’re doing that then… :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Condemned would be a great map, I loved it in Reach, a shame it didn’t appear a lot. It seems like it would play great with Halo 2.
>
> I also believe Shatter would be a good map. There’s something about it that reminds me of Waterworks and it has a special place in my heart. :stuck_out_tongue: Besides with its barriers the Superbounce would either be useless or a tactical advantage.

Condemned would be cool, not sure if they could make the anti-grav room work right, but maybe they can just not have it and see how the map plays with standard gravity in the center?

Shatter was going to be mine as well, but then I thought about it and realized how similar Shatter is to Waterworks.

Shatter
Wreckage
Perdition
Exile (Maybe)

And if going the other way around (Remaking H2 maps for Xbox1 Halo)…
Zanzibar, Beaver Creek, and Waterworks are sadly the only two I remember real well. It’s been far too long. :frowning:

Cough cough No Halo 4 maps cough cough

Any and all Halo 2 maps, please for the love of all that is Fordly, ABSOLUTELY NO HALO 4 MAPS.

That’s one way of watering down the experience.

“Whats this -blam!- doing in my good maps?”

blam, hence Bungie’s superior maps in Halo 2.

How about High Ground from Halo 3? Or Construct? Or Sandtrap? Or Ghost Town?

IF I honestly wanted to play Adrift, or Shatter, or even Wreckage, you know what I’d do? PLAY HALO 4.

The Halo 4 map I would like to see in the future would be “The Quarry” from Spartan Ops. Imagine that massive map, 32 players, Wraiths, Tanks, Ghosts, an Elephant or two, Warthogs, Banshees, etc.
It would be epic.

Halo Reach’s Boneyard and Halo 3’s High Ground and Ghost Town.