What if "Elites" were Zombies in LD?

Honestly this could be a great idea since they are scary. The flood would be better
but an infected scary elite would be awesome as well.

I mean when frankie said that “Elites weren’t playable in MP” and that there is “something
to scratch that itch”. This could mean something to replace them or something that no one
knows about.

Honestly I hope there are gametypes that will have elites in them but I think
it would be kinda cool to be an elite in infection.

I hope the flood was an option because that would be awesome but what do you guys
think??

“The elite model is already in the game so it really could be added to MP”
The game devs could add elites if they want.

Elite fans should love this idea.

I think I’d prefer flood as zombies in LD, cool idea though.

Elites are not playable in Multiplayer. What is so hard to understand about that statement?

> Honestly this could be a great idea since they are scary.
>
> I mean when frankie said that “Elites weren’t playable in MP” and that there is “something
> to scratch that itch”.
>
> Honestly i hope there are gametypes that will have elites in them but i think
> it would be kinda cool to be an elite.
>
> I hope the flood was an option because that would be awesome but what do you guys
> think??

They have confirmed that no elites in mp so its impossible and i dough that the flood will be in mp because i have not seen any in campain trailers.

> Elites are not playable in Multiplayer. What is so hard to understand about that statement?

Just to add confirmation to that statement.

> > Honestly this could be a great idea since they are scary.
> >
> > I mean when frankie said that “Elites weren’t playable in MP” and that there is “something
> > to scratch that itch”.
> >
> > Honestly i hope there are gametypes that will have elites in them but i think
> > it would be kinda cool to be an elite.
> >
> > I hope the flood was an option because that would be awesome but what do you guys
> > think??
>
> They have confirmed that no elites in mp so its impossible and i dough that the flood will be in mp because i have not seen any in campain trailers.

What would the campaign have to do with them being in MP?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > Elites are not playable in Multiplayer. What is so hard to understand about that statement?
>
> Just to add confirmation to that statement.

OMG what the hell is so popular about cortana’s statment seriously (don’t make a girl a promise you can’t keep wow thats so -Yoinking!- limited seriously what the -Yoink- does that have to do with this topic it means nothing.

> > > Honestly this could be a great idea since they are scary.
> > >
> > > I mean when frankie said that “Elites weren’t playable in MP” and that there is “something
> > > to scratch that itch”.
> > >
> > > Honestly i hope there are gametypes that will have elites in them but i think
> > > it would be kinda cool to be an elite.
> > >
> > > I hope the flood was an option because that would be awesome but what do you guys
> > > think??
> >
> > They have confirmed that no elites in mp so its impossible and i dough that the flood will be in mp because i have not seen any in campain trailers.
>
> What would the campaign have to do with them being in MP?

if there is no type of species in the campain then most likely why the -Yoink- should they have not a place in mp

They have the elite character models in the game so it is possible.

Maybe their version of playable is misleading idk.

We can hope right??

Doubt it, although i think the Flood would be perfect for LD.

> > > Elites are not playable in Multiplayer. What is so hard to understand about that statement?
> >
> > Just to add confirmation to that statement.

You do realise that is my signature and shows below ALL my posts?

I didn’t manually type it on this topic.

> They have the elite character models in the game so it is possible.
>
> Maybe their version of playable is misleading idk.
>
> We can hope right??

No. The models are in the game, but not on the multiplayer maps. You don’t understand how Halo’s map system works.

You remember all those Skirmishers and Pelicans in multiplayer?

Cool idea!

> > They have the elite character models in the game so it is possible.
> >
> > Maybe their version of playable is misleading idk.
> >
> > We can hope right??
>
> No. The models are in the game, but not on the multiplayer maps. You don’t understand how Halo’s map system works.
>
> You remember all those Skirmishers and Pelicans in multiplayer?

Actually i do understand how it works. I’m just saying that since the character model is already in the game then it wont be hard at all for them to put that already existing model into mp.

Really, your going to ask that question? They aren’t in multiplayer because it doesnt work with gameplay at all. I’m sorry that i misjudged your skills for working at 343i and knowing all the ins and outs of how things work making games.

> > > > Honestly this could be a great idea since they are scary.
> > > >
> > > > I mean when frankie said that “Elites weren’t playable in MP” and that there is “something
> > > > to scratch that itch”.
> > > >
> > > > Honestly i hope there are gametypes that will have elites in them but i think
> > > > it would be kinda cool to be an elite.
> > > >
> > > > I hope the flood was an option because that would be awesome but what do you guys
> > > > think??
> > >
> > > They have confirmed that no elites in mp so its impossible and i dough that the flood will be in mp because i have not seen any in campain trailers.
> >
> > What would the campaign have to do with them being in MP?
>
> if there is no type of species in the campain then most likely why the -Yoink!- should they have not a place in mp

“If there isn’t a specific species in the campaign then why would they have a place in mp.”

If that is what you were attempting to say then here’s the answer. This multiplayer is supposed to be represented as canon. So if there is an infection gametype it would make more sense that the infected are flood, because the flood are still a possibility so they would train their soldiers for another possible flood outbreak. It would make more sense then having the Spartans turn dark green and carry a sword.

> I think I’d prefer flood as zombies in LD, cool idea though.

same here. the flood, or infected looking Spartans would be sweet.

I’ve developed FPS indie games for PC, and i can tell you elites in MP is VERY possible, all they need to do is re-skin the spartan skin, adjust the hitbox and there it’s finished.

> > > They have the elite character models in the game so it is possible.
> > >
> > > Maybe their version of playable is misleading idk.
> > >
> > > We can hope right??
> >
> > No. The models are in the game, but not on the multiplayer maps. You don’t understand how Halo’s map system works.
> >
> > You remember all those Skirmishers and Pelicans in multiplayer?
>
> Actually i do understand how it works. I’m just saying that since the character model is already in the game then it wont be hard at all for them to put that already existing model into mp.
>
> Really, your going to ask that question? They aren’t in multiplayer because it doesnt work with gameplay at all. I’m sorry that i misjudged your skills for working at 343i and knowing all the ins and outs of how things work making games.

You don’t need to work for 343i to understand how the .map files work, if they want to add something to a map, they’d need to force people to re-download the .map file.

Meaning big Title Updates.

> > Elites are not playable in Multiplayer. What is so hard to understand about that statement?
>
> Just to add confirmation to that statement.

Thank you, dear sir! :smiley:

> > > > They have the elite character models in the game so it is possible.
> > > >
> > > > Maybe their version of playable is misleading idk.
> > > >
> > > > We can hope right??
> > >
> > > No. The models are in the game, but not on the multiplayer maps. You don’t understand how Halo’s map system works.
> > >
> > > You remember all those Skirmishers and Pelicans in multiplayer?
> >
> > Actually i do understand how it works. I’m just saying that since the character model is already in the game then it wont be hard at all for them to put that already existing model into mp.
> >
> > Really, your going to ask that question? They aren’t in multiplayer because it doesnt work with gameplay at all. I’m sorry that i misjudged your skills for working at 343i and knowing all the ins and outs of how things work making games.
>
> You don’t need to work for 343i to understand how the .map files work, if they want to add something to a map, they’d need to force people to re-download the .map file.
>
> Meaning big Title Updates.

Not just the map, all the maps. And the menus. And the UI.