What if Custom Games gave XP?!?!

Well.
What if?
Why not?

[Edit] A lot of people have commented that farming would be an issue here. Commendations could be left disabled, and you’d only be able to attain a certain amount of xp per day. Solves the farming issue instantly. 50k xp per day seems reasonable. What do you think?

I’d love to smash out customs all day for XP! Let the sweaty Champion Ranks sweat their hearts out in Ranked. Let the sweaty Warzone Teams fight it out with the other Teams. Let me play some Custom Games and get a return for my efforts!

I’m over the bs of Arena and WZ. Seriously I can’t ever have a fair game where the score is close because I’m always stuck with the players trying for HCS. I don’t want that. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life. If they’re all quite happy to prey on players who aren’t as skilled as them then give is the opportunity to leave that dreadful playlist and have some fun in that sweet as Custom Browser. Warzone actually isn’t too bad after your update today! Still I’d rather Customs!

That would be very interesting. Perhaps 343 could have “Custom Games of the Day” in which certain gamemodes give out more XP than others. It would also keep things fresh in terms of variety.

The issue is boosting and has always been the issue, not to mention customs can’t be just as unbalanced because there is no parameters at all for it. Matchmaking playlists may give the unbalanced game from tune to time but at least it tries. I also doubt they’d do it because currently it encourages people to play matchmaking.

“Here, just AFK in this game and you’ll get free XP!”

Nope. Too easy to boost.

if custom games gave XP the amount given would have to be as bad as the XP for playing a mission in Reach, if i remember correctly it was so small it was a joke

I think it was 50 XP in Reach or it might’ve been 200. I can’t remember which one.

I think that there needs to be XP in the campaign, multiplayer, custom games, and forge.

> 2533274796457055;4:
> “Here, just AFK in this game and you’ll get free XP!”
>
> Nope. Too easy to boost.

Make it a playlist, add duckhunt, jenga, some random infection maps, other bits and bobs you know, have that as a featured community playlist for a bit! That stops boosting and gives us a small taste at the Custom Games we all love! (I know we have Action Sack but it’s become stale) though I do hope for the occasional Husky Raid :wink:

> 2535445608274502;1:
> I’m over the bs of Arena and WZ. Seriously I can’t ever have a fair game where the score is close because I’m always stuck with the players trying for HCS. I don’t want that. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life. If they’re all quite happy to prey on players who aren’t as skilled as them then give is the opportunity to leave that dreadful playlist and have some fun in that sweet as Custom Browser. Warzone actually isn’t too bad after your update today! Still I’d rather Customs!

Yeah Arena and Warzone seem to have plenty of “bs” and “negativity” (although ranked slayer was never fun, if you ask me). In addition to the lack of BTB Heavies, these are exactly the reasons why I don’t play anything in Halo 5 besides Warzone Firefight anymore. So I understand your desire to just play customs and want XP for it.

But yeah, it would be too easy to boost. This is why it’s important for 343 to offer something that fulfills the role of fun, laid back custom games but in a matchmade playlist. I think Action Sack was designed for that purpose and also Super Fiesta.

> 2535445608274502;8:
> (I know we have Action Sack but it’s become stale)

Actually I don’t know. It’s still pretty fun to me, and it’s basically the same thing as custom games that give XP, as far as I can tell. It would be awesome if some of its game modes got their own separate playlist, such as Husky Raid and maybe Battle Golf. That would be almost as good as custom games giving XP, in my opinion. But I don’t actually ever go into the customs browser, so who knows what I’m missing…

It would be nice but why do it when people would just get one friend and just keep boosting with them

> 2533274820358577;10:
> It would be nice but why do it when people would just get one friend and just keep boosting with them

With the insane amount of experience required for Rank 152, boosting doesn’t actually sound like a bad idea lol.

To easy to farm.

> 2535445608274502;11:
> > 2533274820358577;10:
> > It would be nice but why do it when people would just get one friend and just keep boosting with them
>
> With the insane amount of experience required for Rank 152, boosting doesn’t actually sound like a bad idea lol.

Yeah but I mean all I really play is wzff, warzone and infected.

> 2533274839169051;5:
> if custom games gave XP the amount given would have to be as bad as the XP for playing a mission in Reach, if i remember correctly it was so small it was a joke

Like 52 Cr

> 2533274817507771;12:
> To easy to farm.

Not if it’s capped, and you could only earn up to a certain amount of xp per day. Solves your farming problem.

> 2533274796457055;4:
> “Here, just AFK in this game and you’ll get free XP!”
>
> Nope. Too easy to boost.

If the xp worked like this, 10 minutes in a game will cap your xp at 5000. Then you’d have to start a whole new game. Throughout the day you’d only be able to earn a max of let’s say 50k xp. This stops farming straight away. Commendations would remain disabled of course.

Thats just over 1.5 hours of game time, still enough for the average person to travel into WZ or Arena while also having the option for a true social playlist. Not “Pro Playground”.