What if Cortana unleased the flood?

Since cortana is heard humming on the legendary ending showing the halo ring, what if cortana was to release the flood contained on said ring and possible on other forerunner installations?

There might not be any on the ring, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

I want the flood to return in halo 6.

I don’t think she will release the flood, I think she is going to try and fire the ring (or rings) to wipe everyone out. But if we end up on the ring, the flood will be there somewhere

Releasing the Flood wouldn’t help Cortana further her plans; it would only cause problems. She wants to inherit the Mantle and rule all sentient life. If all sentient life gets consumed by The Flood, there’s no point for the Mantle anymore.

Being that Cortana is trying to stop war and violence, unleashing the Flood would not make sense. I would like to see the Flood come back though.

I don’t see why cortona would unlease the flood. They seem like good tenants and make their payments every month.

I do not see the poit, she is working with the AI

It wouldn’t make sense to unleash the flood for no reason, that’s true. But
if they really planned to re-add them, they could just say, that it wouldn’t be
possible for Cortana to control everyone, so she gives up and switches to
‘‘Plan B: Revenge’’ and lets the flood take care of it, or she could try to fire
a Halo, so Osiris and Blue will have to get to the control room to stop her.
She could use the flood to stop them from stopping her, by releasing them
on the ring.

That would make sense and long-time Halo players happy.

If we do get the Flood back I think we’re gonna have another Halo 3 moment where the Flood and the Humans/Elites would join together (temporarily) against a common enemy.

[deleted]

I’d love to see the flood back in the game. assuming cortana has been manipulated by the didact due to some of her dialogue in the game, it wouldn’t be completely out there to say that just maybe… Maybe she can get manipulated by another gravemind IF the flood were reintroduced and allow them back into the main plot.

> 2533274827113670;7:
> I don’t see why cortona would unlease the flood. They seem like good tenants and make their payments every month.

Well played.

If not the Flood… Maybe the Brutes somehow managed to steal away some technology that has helped them advance. Not all the Brutes were, well… Brutes. There were smart ones. Maybe they make a comeback as an enemy to fight.

> 2533274817408735;5:
> Releasing the Flood wouldn’t help Cortana further her plans; it would only cause problems. She wants to inherit the Mantle and rule all sentient life. If all sentient life gets consumed by The Flood, there’s no point for the Mantle anymore.

Releasing the flood good be her way of getting rid of the ones who don’t want to follower her while she keeps ones who do safe from the flood. Or she releases the flood and then once the flood takes over she aradicates it and restarts everything, kinda like what happened when the forerunners fired all the halos.

> 2533274809754156;12:
> I’d love to see the flood back in the game. assuming cortana has been manipulated by the didact due to some of her dialogue in the game, it wouldn’t be completely out there to say that just maybe… Maybe she can get manipulated byanother gravemind IF the flood were reintroduced and allow them back into the main plot.

That would be very interesting.

> 2533274943070812;9:
> It wouldn’t make sense to unleash the flood for no reason, that’s true. But
> if they really planned to re-add them, they could just say, that it wouldn’t be
> possible for Cortana to control everyone, so she gives up and switches to
> ‘‘Plan B: Revenge’’ and lets the flood take care of it, or she could try to fire
> a Halo, so Osiris and Blue will have to get to the control room to stop her.
> She could use the flood to stop them from stopping her, by releasing them
> on the ring.
>
> That would make sense and long-time Halo players happy.

thats actually pretty well thought out. i applaud you sir

It could be possible. I mean name one time Cortana is humming. I believe it is zero, now name how many characters that hum.

The only character that I can think of that Hums is 343 Guilty Spark. I don’t know if the flood will be unleashed by Cortana but one thing is for certain is that she is not the Cortana we all know anymore. Who knows what she will pull out of the hat.