What if Arby died?

I havent really thought of the story of H5, where it could go, what could happen and i thought, what if they kill of arby? He is a main character, we all love him but… what do 343 think of him?
How would you guys feel if they killed him off?
Personally… id give up on the campaigns… not quite as far as give up on halo as i do enjoy the multiplayer etc but campaign wise… id give up

Bring him back for one game, only to kill him off?

Yep. That’d be it for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Although they kinda can’t do that… He controls an entire faction of Elites and some Brutes, that I believe are part of Halo 5’s story. We need those guys for the story to progress.

i always think, when i see chief, i know his fate. there will be a catastrophic event, and chief will activate the rings with Arby, - and now locke - by his side. the abiter will get he index and chief and arby will make it to the control room and locke will deliver the index, and chief will activate the Halos - what remains - and thats how theseries will end

> 2535460843083983;2:
> Bring him back for one game, only to kill him off?
>
> Yep. That’d be it for me :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Although they kinda can’t do that… He controls an entire faction of Elites and some Brutes, that I believe are part of Halo 5’s story. We need those guys for the story to progress.

Yeah i feel the same and really? i knew the elites but not the brutes, thats interesting, look forward to seeing him back!
Hopefully they do it like H3 where Player one is chief and Player 2 is arby or locke and arby or something, loved that concept…
But yeah if they killed either chief or arby off it would pretty much be the end of halo’s story i think…

i feel as though if they did that they would be showing me that they’re not capable of telling a story without a meaningful character dying. killing somebody who is important to an overall story is only appropriate if the story demands it, Cortana and Arby dying in back to back games seems stupid.

> 2533274812624078;4:
> Yeah i feel the same and really? i knew the elites but not the brutes, thats interesting, look forward to seeing him back!
> Hopefully they do it like H3 where Player one is chief and Player 2 is arby or locke and arby or something, loved that concept…
> But yeah if they killed either chief or arby off it would pretty much be the end of halo’s story i think…

You can only see him with the Brutes in one of the Escalation comics at the moment, but I’m confident they’ll still be in Halo 5.

> 2533274811643195;5:
> i feel as though if they did that they would be showing me that they’re not capable of telling a story without a meaningful character dying. killing somebody who is important to an overall story is only appropriate if the story demands it, Cortana and Arby dying in back to back games seems stupid.

Honestly… i have this feeling thats the way they’ll go… having the need to kill off a main character, hope it doesnt but i can see it… i dont mind if Locke gets killed off but Chief or arby… instant game over

> 2535460843083983;6:
> > 2533274812624078;4:
> > Yeah i feel the same and really? i knew the elites but not the brutes, thats interesting, look forward to seeing him back!
> > Hopefully they do it like H3 where Player one is chief and Player 2 is arby or locke and arby or something, loved that concept…
> > But yeah if they killed either chief or arby off it would pretty much be the end of halo’s story i think…
>
>
> You can only see him with the Brutes in one of the Escalation comics at the moment, but I’m confident they’ll still be in Halo 5.

Oh right, would be interesting to see have to say, dunno if i’d like it, would make a good story twist if we fought along side thr brutes and then they rebelled against us and arby/ elites and we had to fight them off sort of thing, be pretty cool :stuck_out_tongue:

I want the Arbiter to be assassinated in one of the games when he is with Master Chief. MC would see his “friend” die and wouldn’t be able to save him. He would become a fit of rage.
But that would be a really sad end to the series after Halo 6/7, where MC activates the rings killing off everything, bad and good, to stop the Flood; with the knowledge that life would be reseeded. All the old-time Halo fans would break down crying.

If it was a shock death I would be pissed off to the max, but I would keep going on just like I do with every Walking Dead (TV show and game and comic) death. If it serves the story and makes sense like Cortana’s death then I’d be fine.

I don’t want to see him die given he is one of the few characters actually striving for a unified galaxy and Escalation evens says as much.

Well, uh, yeah maybe, uh… yeah no. Never. If this happens I will be officially done w/ Halo. I mean seriously Arby, right? The. Arbiter. Dead? Yeah, that would just about be the end of Halo for me.

They already killed off Cortana… sniff Please, I don’t want any dead Arbiters Halo 5. :frowning:

You shut your mouth! We already lost Cortana, i don’t think i could bare losing my favorite comrade and character in the game o.o .

The reason i brought this up is because the arbiters are known for having… a fairly short life span… if thats fair to say, not as an elite, as the arbiter them selves, this current one (dont actually know his Elite/Sang name) has been going on a fair while… so im just wondering if there gonna do it so the arbiter dies, new ones takes his place, he decided he doesnt want to work with the UNSC so we then start fighting the Covi again (or that faction anyway)… not how i want that story to go, i wanna fight with the arby until the end… but i just have this niggling feeling its what they might do… kill the arby to give it a fresh bit of life and bend the story to how they want sort of thing… like how they have with the rest of the story so far and the mutiplayer
Cortana i could sort of deal with because it makes sense, an ai to start deteriorating after 7 years and she was 8… but tbh i can see her coming back in 5 or 6, one thing i didnt like was the shield around chief and then they go up to eachother, she touches him ‘ive always wanted to do that’ was just a bit too lobey dobey for me but yeah and far fetched…
I just hope the arby doesnt get killed off, i just think him and chief are too significant to the story, there almost as important as eachother and theres no logical reason to kill him off apart from it’ll keep the story going and keep it fresh

it is not a big deal for me. I don’t really love him at all. If it makes the story better then do it 343i Kill him off. I will not loss sleep over it