What if abilities required coordination?

There are tons of arguments over abilities throwing off 1v1 balance and even playing field. I agree.

But there are also tons of arguments saying they bring innovation to the game. Also agree.

So why not fix them so they promote teamwork instead of cheap advantages?

What if that jetpack was a gravity lift everyone could use?
What if that camo was a radar jammer?
What if you could drain your shields to buff a nearby teammate?
What if the thruster pack instead could be used as a speed boost on teammates?

The list goes on.

The point is, making armor abilities team focused instead of individual focused would encourage strategy and still keep the game balanced and dynamic.

AC was a radar jammer and they ruined it. Since they brought it back as an AA they should have left it alone. At least in Reach you don’t know your enemies exact location unless they are in view.

BTW your suggestion is not going to happen…ever. Personal AA’s are here to stay. It’s just the way Halo is now.

Not a bad idea, OP.

> AC was a radar jammer and they ruined it. Since they brought it back as an AA they should have left it alone. At least in Reach you don’t know your enemies exact location unless they are in view.
>
> BTW your suggestion is not going to happen…ever. Personal AA’s are here to stay. It’s just the way Halo is now.

…but sadly, this man is right.

Personally i love the AA’s thruster pack is great and does seem to require some skill to use in intense situations. I’n the AA’s current form as they are now they can all be used to benefit the team already.

thruster pack - easily enter into areas where campers are decreasing the risk of getting bultshotted becuase of its slow movement allowing for other teammates to enter and aprehend.

Hardlight sheild - basically a shield and a distraction.

promethean vision - spotter for campers and such.

jet pack - attack from above, ambushing.

regeneration field - heals teammates

turret - basically a decoy and something to hold off enemies

hologram - decoy and helpful with campers if used propperly.

active camo - disrupts radar of nearby enemy.

Thing is no ones really trying to work as a team and using the abilities in such a way in the game. There have been occasions where ive grouped up with people from the forums and played but even then we didnt really try to use AA’s to benefit the team in the ways ive described mostly we were more focused on just winning and surviving and obtaining killtaculars and stuff.

Lol, I swear I am not “forum stalking” you Ramirez77. heh.

Anyhow, I agree with what you posted. Those are very interesting ideas. Just the thought of having jet pack be a grav lift the whole team could use makes me start thinking of all the tactical ways it could be used. Same with radar jamming.

Although I realize personal AA’s are here to stay, it would be awesome if traits like these could be implemented in customs.

It’s also important to keep FFA in mind while designing such features.