What if 343 starts another franchise?

WWhat do you thing about 343 starting a new game franchise, with everything they want to do without halo fans complaining about?

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE SAYS IT TOO

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/thoughts-on-h5-and-halo-in-general/f186aff6-f29b-4237-b05f-543accc2cb08/posts

> 2533274926752653;1:
> WWhat do you thing about 343 starting a new game franchise, with everything they want to do without halo fans complaining about?

They already did it with Halo 4 & now Halo 5.

They just use the Halo brand, to sell more copies than what a new brand could offer…

343i was created by Microsoft to manage the halo franchise. If that franchise ever goes away, or is given permanently to another developer, 343i’s existence goes along with it.

But then how do I play new Halo games with the mechanics that I like 343 implementing?

Am I going to play as Sergeant Commander with his AI sidekick Joel against the evil Collective and the zombie Tsunami, while wearing EXCALIBUR powered armor?

> 2533274823654350;5:
> 343i was created by Microsoft to manage the halo franchise. If that franchise ever goes away, or is given permanently to another developer, 343i’s existence goes along with it.

I’m not saying that they have to abandon halo to make a new franchise. They could make both

> 2533274926752653;7:
> > 2533274823654350;5:
> > 343i was created by Microsoft to manage the halo franchise. If that franchise ever goes away, or is given permanently to another developer, 343i’s existence goes along with it.
>
>
> I’m not saying that they have to abandon halo to make a new franchise. They could make both

No because the reality of the matter is even if developers within 343i wanted to start another franchise microsoft probably would not allow them to do so.

343 Industries, 343 guilty spark. Big reason people work at 343 industries? Halo. 343i is halo. And imagine the strain of resources… I rather have the annoying old community (to me) gone and away and new players at this point.

> 2533274926752653;7:
> > 2533274823654350;5:
> > 343i was created by Microsoft to manage the halo franchise. If that franchise ever goes away, or is given permanently to another developer, 343i’s existence goes along with it.
>
>
> I’m not saying that they have to abandon halo to make a new franchise. They could make both

I don’t think Microsoft would approve, 343’s sole existence is for Halo.

Microsoft wont let them.

I would love it. They could leave halo where it is forever and I would be happy that they didn’t tarnish its name anymore.

> 2533274816948573;4:
> > 2533274926752653;1:
> > WWhat do you thing about 343 starting a new game franchise, with everything they want to do without halo fans complaining about?
>
>
> They already did it with Halo 4 & now Halo 5.
>
> They just use the Halo brand, to sell more copies than what a new brand could offer…

Halo has been disgraced :c

If they made a new franchise, with the experience they have form halo, it would be a VERY good game (depending on story and plot of course but thats up to the writers)

They have a solid grasp of game play and they obviously have game design skill, they jsut fail to understand what makes halo halo.

> 2533274866238420;12:
> I would love it. They could leave halo where it is forever and I would be happy that they didn’t tarnish its name anymore.

that what I’ve been saying. but they would rather have non sense than have a sound practice and profit of having both and making more money while having a happy and satisfied community. (the equation for successful gaming) but nah.

Maybe the ring is making them do it

#cuzofthering

They can keep making games like Halo 4, or they can make a new franchise.

Either way only one side (and the same side both times) of this divide is actually getting what it wants.

They don’t have too. The main trilogy ended it changed DEV team this is a new “reclaimer saga” and it’s their take on halo for all I care. You’d have to be delusional if you thought your favourite game changing maker would not alter the game. Some ppl need to just accept that we arnt going back ever. Honestly if BUNGIE (as is right now) came back and made a halo game it would be nothing like 2 or 4 either (look at reach) so I don’t waste my time getting mad at all the things that are different from the games I grew up with as longg as it feels good, different but good

> 2533274835305187;17:
> They don’t have too. The main trilogy ended it changed DEV team this is a new “reclaimer saga” and it’s their take on halo for all I care. You’d have to be delusional if you thought your favourite game changing maker would not alter the game. Some ppl need to just accept that we arnt going back ever. Honestly if BUNGIE (as is right now) came back and made a halo game it would be nothing like 2 or 4 either (look at reach) so I don’t waste my time getting mad at all the things that are different from the games I grew up with as longg as it feels good, different but good

a new trilogy which is a sequel to the old trilogy does NOT given them the right to rewrite the entire game premise, regardless if this is a new trilogy, it is STILL a sequel.

jesus ijut like you are the reason game have gotten worse over the last decade.

> 2533274794052092;18:
> > 2533274835305187;17:
> > They don’t have too. The main trilogy ended it changed DEV team this is a new “reclaimer saga” and it’s their take on halo for all I care. You’d have to be delusional if you thought your favourite game changing maker would not alter the game. Some ppl need to just accept that we arnt going back ever. Honestly if BUNGIE (as is right now) came back and made a halo game it would be nothing like 2 or 4 either (look at reach) so I don’t waste my time getting mad at all the things that are different from the games I grew up with as longg as it feels good, different but good
>
>
> a new trilogy which is a sequel to the old trilogy does NOT given them the right to rewrite the entire game premise, regardless if this is a new trilogy, it is STILL a sequel.
>
> jesus ijut like you are the reason game have gotten worse over the last decade.

Gaming gotten worse? The older halos were far from perfect.

> 2533274809220485;19:
> > 2533274794052092;18:
> > > 2533274835305187;17:
> > > They don’t have too. The main trilogy ended it changed DEV team this is a new “reclaimer saga” and it’s their take on halo for all I care. You’d have to be delusional if you thought your favourite game changing maker would not alter the game. Some ppl need to just accept that we arnt going back ever. Honestly if BUNGIE (as is right now) came back and made a halo game it would be nothing like 2 or 4 either (look at reach) so I don’t waste my time getting mad at all the things that are different from the games I grew up with as longg as it feels good, different but good
> >
> >
> >
> > a new trilogy which is a sequel to the old trilogy does NOT given them the right to rewrite the entire game premise, regardless if this is a new trilogy, it is STILL a sequel.
> >
> > jesus ijut like you are the reason game have gotten worse over the last decade.
>
>
> Gaming gotten worse? The older halos were far from perfect.

no game is, or can be perfect, but gaming as a whole has gotten worse over the last several years, manly due to consumer who feel its ok for a game to be hogwash on day one because they are no patchable, or for game to have paid dlc (which should rightfully be part of the original game) and another big one is that consumer are willing to buy the same hogwashe rinse and repeated year in and year out (looking at you cod, a game that didn’t imrpove it’s gameplay, graphics engine, or even sound engine for 6 whole years