Hornet
Cobra
Wolverine
Vampire
Scarab

Weapons

Flamer
Needle Rifle
Spiker (Maybe upgraded to a kind of Spike Rifle, or made bigger)
SMG
Mauler
Sentinel Beam
A Covenant Shotgun

Other Stuff

More map variation, I feel like most of the Halo 4 maps are filled with rocks, metallic building and not much else
A less powerful Boltshot
More playlists
The return of Arbiter
Bring Brutes, Engineers and Flood back, along with some new enemies, the next Xbox could handle it
Active Camo in Ordnance Drops
Bulkier Spartan armor

What would you include?

Sounds like you want Halo 3 with some strange additions. Scarab? Wolverine? Are we going to be playing Battlefield Halo now?

Wait…no locust?! Shame on you, good sir!

A little more seriously though, I do very much like the idea of religating Camo to ordnance. I never liked it as an AA (except for foiling Vision) and I think that treating it as a special reward (plus on-map spawn) would be a fine alternative.

> Sounds like you want Halo 3 with some strange additions. Scarab? Wolverine? Are we going to be playing Battlefield Halo now?

Or Battlefront Halo. Is that a litle more palpable to your tribal mindset?

> Wait…no locust?! Shame on you, good sir!
>
>
> A little more seriously though, I do very much like the idea of religating Camo to ordnance. I never liked it as an AA (except for foiling Vision) and I think that treating it as a special reward (plus on-map spawn) would be a fine alternative.
>
>
>
>
>
> > Sounds like you want Halo 3 with some strange additions. Scarab? Wolverine? Are we going to be playing Battlefield Halo now?
>
> Or Battlefront Halo. Is that a litle more palpable to your tribal mindset?

Maybe. Imagine the forums if 343i copies battlefront. The rage would be non stop because of the bigger maps, vehicles and less “competitive” settings as someone jumps in a wolverine and sits back the entire game shooting at nothing.

> Maybe. Imagine the forums if 343i copies battlefront. The rage would be non stop because of the bigger maps, vehicles and less “competitive” settings as someone jumps in a wolverine and sits back the entire game shooting at nothing.

You can do the same with a scorpion or guass hog now, but the situation is much worse because of the confined maps that force you into position and range. And you can do worse with a single sniper, beam, or binary rifle if you just stick to making infantry cry.

“Competitive” gaming is already at a moral nadir. Expanding the scope of Halo to include other things besides what has been conventionally the limit won’t hurt (that much. :slight_smile:

> > Maybe. Imagine the forums if 343i copies battlefront. The rage would be non stop because of the bigger maps, vehicles and less “competitive” settings as someone jumps in a wolverine and sits back the entire game shooting at nothing.
>
> You can do the same with a scorpion or guass hog now, but the situation is much worse because of the confined maps that force you into position and range. And you can do worse with a single sniper, beam, or binary rifle if you just stick to making infantry cry.
>
> “Competitive” gaming is already at a moral nadir. Expanding the scope of Halo to include other things besides what has been conventionally the limit won’t hurt (that much. :slight_smile:

I’m all up for trying something new but you would need some big maps, maybe twice or three times the size of hemorrhage to fit in a scorpion or make a wolverine viable.

Lol basically you want them to make a game that we might as well be sticking in a graphically improved version of halo 3?

> I’m all up for trying something new but you would need some big maps, maybe twice or three times the size of hemorrhage to fit in a scorpion or make a wolverine viable.

And there are definite performance limitations to that happening (except that Battlefield and other games like Section 8 have overcome them just fine on the xbox). But maybe with another console (which Halo 5 is looking likely for) we can hope for something that let’s just say is broader than what we’ve come to know as Halo.

> > I’m all up for trying something new but you would need some big maps, maybe twice or three times the size of hemorrhage to fit in a scorpion or make a wolverine viable.
>
> And there are definite performance limitations to that happening (except that Battlefield and other games like Section 8 have overcome them just fine on the xbox). But maybe with another console (which Halo 5 is looking likely for) we can hope for something that let’s just say is broader than what we’ve come to know as Halo.

That would be cool but the forums would be non stop “where is my small map, arena shooter?” I’m so not looking forward to that even though I’m up for something new.

Wolverine? Scarab?

Wut?

I want the classical Halo arena-shooter game play experience back. Dump these stupid AAs and CODesque perks and loadouts, and take the series back to what made it popular and unique. This game is slowly dying because 343 decided to break out the industry standard toolkit and turn Halo into generic action shooter #2032. 343, if you see this, just because you mucked up H4 with these additions doesn’t mean it’s too late to rectify it. With Halo 5 just dump these design decisions and watch as the series is sparked back to life. Listen to the community

They need a new development director, period. Someone with a much better gauge of what the community wants and expects from their beloved Halo. The rest will take care of itself.

>Someone suggests things from Halo 3 to be brought back, along with new items.
>“YOU JUST WANT HALO 3.”

Why do I even bother with waypoint anymore…

> Cobra
> Wolverine
> Vampire
> Scarab

You know if people from Halo CE can mod these things in I’m not sure why 343I can’t program them in.

> >Someone suggests things from Halo 3 to be brought back, along with new items.
> >“YOU JUST WANT HALO 3.”
>
> Why do I even bother with waypoint anymore…

I know the feel. We want a smartly expanded upon H3, not a clone(although if they released a perfect copy, I’d pay full price). The differences between CE-3 were pretty large, each title added something big to separate it from the previous title, but all those changes made sense and worked well with the classical Halo formula. Smart change is good, changing for the sake of change is bad, and the result is this crappy COD hybrid that appeals to neither Halo fans nor COD fans.

I demand my dual wielding back.

> > Cobra
> > Wolverine
> > Vampire
> > Scarab
>
> You know if people from Halo CE can mod these things in I’m not sure why 343I can’t program them in.

I think it’s more a matter of won’t, unfortunately.

> > >Someone suggests things from Halo 3 to be brought back, along with new items.
> > >“YOU JUST WANT HALO 3.”
> >
> > Why do I even bother with waypoint anymore…
>
> I know the feel. We want a smartly expanded upon H3, not a clone(although if they released a perfect copy, I’d pay full price). The differences between CE-3 were pretty large, each title added something big to separate it from the previous title, but all those changes made sense and worked well with the classical Halo formula. Smart change is good, changing for the sake of change is bad, and the result is this crappy COD hybrid that appeals to neither Halo fans nor COD fans.

Who is we? The few hundred people on the forums? Or just you?

People aren’t going to pay for a copy of Halo 3 with a few things added in, not for full price anyways. Maybe if it was a budget title or an expansion. Heck I doubt people would even buy a re- release of Halo 3 until further down the line. Look how low Halo CE Anniversary’s sales compared to the rest of the franchise. Sold lower than Halo wars.

But if Halo CE was sooooo good because the forum says so, why didn’t it sell as much as its original? “Oh that’s because the multiplayer was Halo Reach and people only play Halo for the multiplayer, if the multiplayer was exactly like Halo CE but with LIVE, it would sell more!”

Sure…

Also define “perfect copy”? Because I can bet money that you’re opinion on the perfect Halo game is vastly different than someone else’s.

> > > >Someone suggests things from Halo 3 to be brought back, along with new items.
> > > >“YOU JUST WANT HALO 3.”
> > >
> > > Why do I even bother with waypoint anymore…
> >
> > I know the feel. We want a smartly expanded upon H3, not a clone(although if they released a perfect copy, I’d pay full price). The differences between CE-3 were pretty large, each title added something big to separate it from the previous title, but all those changes made sense and worked well with the classical Halo formula. Smart change is good, changing for the sake of change is bad, and the result is this crappy COD hybrid that appeals to neither Halo fans nor COD fans.
>
> Who is we? The few hundred people on the forums? Or just you?
>
> People aren’t going to pay for a copy of Halo 3 with a few things added in, not for full price anyways. Maybe if it was a budget title or an expansion. Heck I doubt people would even buy a re- release of Halo 3 until further down the line. Look how low Halo CE Anniversary’s sales compared to the rest of the franchise. Sold lower than Halo wars.
>
> But if Halo CE was sooooo good because the forum says so, why didn’t it sell as much as its original? “Oh that’s because the multiplayer was Halo Reach and people only play Halo for the multiplayer, if the multiplayer was exactly like Halo CE but with LIVE, it would sell more!”
>
> Sure…
>
> Also define “perfect copy”? Because I can bet money that you’re opinion on the perfect Halo game is vastly different than someone else’s.

“We” as in the people who share the same opinion, which is much much more than a few hundred. CE anniversary sold 2 million copies, too. You’re also being unreasonable in thinking a 12 year old game will have nearly as many players when it has seen multiple sequels of substantial caliber. The fact that CEA’s multiplayer WAS Halo Reach, there is a very good chance that it contributed to the lower amount of players considering that Reach failed quickly and is generally regarded as one of the worst Halo games created(4 would be the winner of that award IMO).

I can haz longar champaigne?
I love arby n the chief