What I want to see in halo 4

I’ll try and keep it brief so it doesn’t take long to read.

-No Halo 3 BR. That weapon was horrible. The whole ‘lead your shot’ combined with horrible Halo 3 connections ruined competitive play for me. It was almost as random as the Bloom DMR.

-Semi-auto weapon. This brings me to the point of Halo 4 having a semi auto weapon (like the DMR) but obviously no bloom. This means that there’s not chance of just “some” of your bullets hitting but if you missed your target in your reticule the shot shouldn’t register.

-Dedicated maps. In my opinion the biggest problem with Reach was that it didn’t have enough maps built into the game like Construct, The Pit, Guardian or Narrows. It seemed like Bungie got carried away with the Forge idea and said “well all we have to do it put in some massive map that can be forged so we don’t have to make any dedicated maps”.

-No armour abilities (surely that doesn’t need elaboration).

-Movement speed and jump height back to normal Halo standard.

-Halo 3 grenades

-1-50 ranking system (who cares if some child bought a 50, he will get destroyed in game anyway).

-Forget Firefight and focus on refining Matchmaking.

-Local searching connection (one thing Reach really got right).

-Hitscan which compliments the semi auto weapon.

The game is probably already 80% made so this probably won’t matter but I think it’s valuable to get some variety in some opinions.

> -No Halo 3 BR. <mark>That weapon was horrible</mark>. The whole ‘lead your shot’ combined with horrible Halo 3 connections ruined competitive play for me. It was almost as random as the Bloom DMR.

The Battle Rifle wasn’t horrible, it was one of the most popular weapons in the entire series. Just because you didn’t like it that much and didn’t like its style of use doesn’t mean it’s a bad weapon. Every single one of my friends when asked what their favourite weapon in Halo 2/3 was they always mentioned the Battle Rifle as #1. A bit of a generalisation there don’t you think?

> The Battle Rifle wasn’t horrible, it was one of the most popular weapons in the entire series. Just because you didn’t like it that much and didn’t like its style of use doesn’t mean it’s a bad weapon. Every single one of my friends when asked what their favourite weapon in Halo 2/3 was they always mentioned the Battle Rifle as #1. A bit of a generalisation there don’t you think?

Your a Halo 2 fan. How do I know? Knee-jerk reaction to something you obviously did not read properly.

[deleted]

nearly everything would be fine as long it doesn’t become a COD like halo game…

> > -No Halo 3 BR. <mark>That weapon was horrible</mark>. The whole ‘lead your shot’ combined with horrible Halo 3 connections ruined competitive play for me. It was almost as random as the Bloom DMR.
>
> The Battle Rifle wasn’t horrible, it was one of the most popular weapons in the entire series. Just because you didn’t like it that much and didn’t like its style of use doesn’t mean it’s a bad weapon. Every single one of my friends when asked what their favourite weapon in Halo 2/3 was they always mentioned the Battle Rifle as #1. A bit of a generalisation there don’t you think?

Just because you and your friends like it doesn’t make it a good weapon either. The reason there was such a good response to the BR was because it’s better than the Bloom DMR and because a lot of the community never has never used the H1 pistol in multiplayer. There hasn’t been another weapon to choose from really so that is why I’m suggesting that a more consistent weapon would be a semi auto weapon rather than the weird spread of the BR. Obviously the BR in H2 was pretty good but in H3 it was horrible. (I guess I have to state it’s IMO to avoid generalisation right? You happy?)

> -Forget Firefight and focus on refining Matchmaking.

But I love Firefight :’(

The BR would be better because the netcode would be better for Halo 4, look at the difference between halo 3 and reach netcodes.

Yeah we need dedicated maps like Halo 3’s.

Equipment, pickup camo, overshield.

ranking system.

etc.

…Pretty high strung about MM, eh? Though truth be told, I cant argue much, this is one of the first “what halo 4 needs” that doesnt specifically state that the game needs the Halo 3 era BR.

The only thing I dislike is your choice of putting more focus on MM. MM makes up only a fraction of the game, that’s how it should stay. I like Halo over CoD and BF because Halo has story behind it. As for MM set ups, I personally preferred Halo 2 over Halo 3 in just about every aspect so it’s probably my own biased belief in that regard, especially the maps.

However, I greatly agree about the firing process. Return the BR? Maybe, make a new rifle from scratch? That sounds nice. But whichever weapons return, I’d like to see a minor bloom effect. The shots are spread out, but they generally fire randomly in the range of the reticule, similar to Halo 3. Just that short bursts from automatic fire are more effective than spray and prey.

@ The Omeggos

MM should be heavily weighted though. That’s why Halo has been such a gaming juggernaut. Yeah sure you may want to go back and play the campaign to experience Halo the story but to be honest who plays that every day? Most people will play it once or twice, enjoy it a lot because Halo has an awesome story but then they will not touch it again.

MM is the aspect of the game that gives Halo its longevity and keeps the players coming back. That is why it needs more focus, more testing and more refining. Who honestly enjoys FF? Who would play FF in Reach if there were no credits or achievements? I would bet my house that most people would rather play MM than FF if there were no credits or achievements at stake.

I don’t think there should be any bloom whatsoever. Where you shoot is where you should hit. Otherwise there is ambiguity in 1v1 situations with the utility weapon. Reach proved this with its poorly implemented bloom effect. Why do you think no bloom got a much better response? However ZB isn’t suited to Reach entirely because Reach was built around the bloom. In Halo 4 want a utility weapon with no bloom and no 3 shot burst. But like I said before that decision has probably been made a long time ago.

The jump height should return to normal, assuming we play as a bunch of Master Chief’s/SPARTAN-II’s in the multiplayer.

Firefight shouldn’t be removed. It’s fun, but nearly unplayable due to its bad servers. I hate it when game series like CoD and Halo segregate their “awkward third wheel” content to their worst servers…

EDIT: Also, wasn’t the Carbine bloom-free? That was one of my favorite precision weapons in Halo. I think that could make a return in a big way.

> The jump height should return to normal, assuming we play as a bunch of Master Chief’s/SPARTAN-II’s in the multiplayer.
>
> Firefight shouldn’t be removed. It’s fun, but nearly unplayable due to its bad servers. I hate it when game series like CoD and Halo segregate their “awkward third wheel” content to their worst servers…
>
> EDIT: Also, wasn’t the Carbine bloom-free? That was one of my favorite precision weapons in Halo. I think that could make a return in a big way.

I’m not saying FF should be removed. I admit there is an audience for it but what I’m saying is that MM should get more focus. Your other point is moot about bad servers and such.

Great point about the carbine! I almost forgot about that weapon. IMO that would be a replacement worth considering for the BR. Although you would have to make the “human” version because lets be honest, Halos staple weapon has always been a human weapon.

> > The jump height should return to normal, assuming we play as a bunch of Master Chief’s/SPARTAN-II’s in the multiplayer.
> >
> > Firefight shouldn’t be removed. It’s fun, but nearly unplayable due to its bad servers. I hate it when game series like CoD and Halo segregate their “awkward third wheel” content to their worst servers…
> >
> > EDIT: Also, wasn’t the Carbine bloom-free? That was one of my favorite precision weapons in Halo. I think that could make a return in a big way.
>
> I’m not saying FF should be removed. I admit there is an audience for it but what I’m saying is that MM should get more focus. Your other point is moot about bad servers and such.
>
> Great point about the carbine! I almost forgot about that weapon. IMO that would be a replacement worth considering for the BR. Although you would have to make the “human” version because lets be honest, Halos staple weapon has always been a human weapon.

Yes, the bad servers point was why I didn’t play it that often, although it’s a fun mode to play with your friends.

Personally, I’ve always associated the Halo series to the Covenant weapons, as that, the alien weaponry executed tastefully, is what separates Halo from other copy-paste shooters. I’ve always associated Halo more with the Plasma Rifle than the Assault Rifle. But that’s just me.

Anyway, I personally wouldn’t mind a redesigned Carbine to be the main Utility Precision weapon.

> ‘lead your shot’

leading a target with a gun? unthinkable!!!

> > ‘lead your shot’
>
> leading a target with a gun? unthinkable!!!

No, just inconsistent for Halo.