What i want for a Halo Infinite BR mode

What i want for a Halo BR mode is for us beeing ODST’s/Marines A UNSC frigate is gonna crash land on the Halo ring. And we are in a life boat crashing on the Halo ring first. We will controll the life boat to where we wanna land. Once we have landed, the normal BR mode begins. And we will after one minute or something like that see the frigate’s estimated crash course, and look at the sky seeing it come closer and closer. Once the frigate has crasshed the Halo ring starts to explode. After some time when the Halo ring get’s more and more destroyed, and people are coming together from both sides on an increasinly shrinking area. Untill it’s one man standing or a squad.

This BR mode could also have an limited event where instead of the burning frigate destroying the ring. The frigate may not burn, but have flood inside, hence why the ODST’s/Marines escapes from the ship. And once the frigate crashes, the flood begings to spread in the ring, and we could see the infected areas getting more and more flood biomass (like we see on Halo MCC terimal or the one Halo 3 MP map) And then we can take our chance of beeing inside the flood contested area, but it’s highly dangerous.
(And it would not be possible for players to shoot stright out to kill people, becouse gravity will make the bullet’s fall down and the plasma beams will burn up)

So, the marines were chilling in the frigate then suddenly the Flood appears, some Marines escape on lifeboats and start killing each other because? Then, when the frigate crashes with all the Flood, the ring for some reason isn’t capable of taking something lighter than a Halcyon class (Pillar of Autumn) and it’s systems go overboard but the Marines don’t care and continue to kill each other regardless of the situation DESPITE the Flood being clearly present?
And how would gravity affect bullets and projectiles in THIS particular Halo when pretty much nothing of such happened on Installation 04 (HCE), Installation 05 (H2), Installation 03 (Spartan Strike) and Installation 04B/09 (H3)? (Balance, but still)

Why not have simple Spartans dropping in from drop pods as a military exercise that follows the BR rules as every other Wargame simulation?

I, too, would enjoy a Battle Rifle mode. How about Big Team Battle?

> 2533274904158628;3:
> I, too, would enjoy a Battle Rifle mode. How about Big Team Battle?

BTB Pro

Very unique idea, I like the creativity. I was one of the people who initially didn’t want BR in Halo, but the more I think of it the more I believe Halo gameplay/sandbox/works would be perfect for BR. I hope they change their minds on it.

They should just leave it up to the community to create it. Just give us the custom/forge abilities & let the creative community go to town. Then they can toss it in as a weekend playlist or something to see how it fairs.

One of the 343i employees has already confirmed, thankfully, that there won’t be a battle royale mode in Infinite.

> 2533274824050480;7:
> One of the 343i employees has already confirmed, thankfully, that there won’t be a battle royale mode in Infinite.

It always makes me happy when I see this

Your idea isn’t bad OP, but personally I don’t want Halo to have BR mode. Halo needs to separate itself from the pack (like it used too) not be like everyone else. They need to stop trying to get more players by copying what everyone else is doing. They would have to commit an enormous amount of time and resources, like warzone did in 5 but it would be even more and look how many things suffered because of that. They would have to cut something out like the new COD did. I think if Microsoft/343I want a Halo BR game, it should be it’s own separate game completely. Maybe even make it a free to play game. This all being said, this (below)

> 2533274824050480;7:
> One of the 343i employees has already confirmed, thankfully, that there won’t be a battle royale mode in Infinite.

> 2533274815533909;9:
> Halo needs to separate itself from the pack (like it used too) not be like everyone else. They need to stop trying to get more players by copying what everyone else is doing.

Halo’s been borrowing gametypes/modes from other games since the first. You think CE was the first game to have Slayer (Deathmatch), CTF, KOTH, Race, etc.?

https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1052965178159943680

> 2533274815533909;9:
> They would have to commit an enormous amount of time and resources, like warzone did in 5 but it would be even more and look how many things suffered because of that.

It’s worth noting that Epic created Fortnite BR in 2 months with a dev team a fraction of the size of 343i’s.

Like Fortnite (and unlike CoD), Halo already has gamemodes that require large environments. So, like with Fortnite, it’s possible said large environments could be reused for a BR mode, which would seriously cut back on its development time/resources. And there’s a pretty staggering amount of evidence suggesting 343i’s in the process of developing massive maps/environments.

And I’m not sure how anybody can suggest a BR mode would be harder to balance than any of Halo’s traditional team-based gamemodes. We’re comparing a mode that has become insanely popular regardless of how chaotic and RNG-based it typically is to modes that are expected to be relatively well-balanced. In most of Halo’s team-based gamemodes, one team isn’t allowed to have a significant advantage over another due to spawns or lopsided map design. For a BR mode, 343i wouldn’t have to worry about balancing spawns since the players choose their own spawn points and there are no respawns. That would be a big weight off their shoulders, I imagine, since both them and even Bungie demonstrated how difficult it is to get spawns just right.

Am I the only one that noticed how many changes to the sandbox 343i had to make to all the different playlists in Halo 5? Meanwhile the weapon spawns in BR gamemodes are, as far as I know, entirely random.

> 2533274824050480;7:
> One of the 343i employees has already confirmed, thankfully, that there won’t be a battle royale mode in Infinite.

The game is still quite a ways from going gold. Plenty of time for minds to be changed.

> 2533274804424245;10:
> > 2533274815533909;9:
> > Halo needs to separate itself from the pack (like it used too) not be like everyone else. They need to stop trying to get more players by copying what everyone else is doing.
>
> Halo’s been borrowing gametypes/modes from other games since the first. You think CE was the first game to have Slayer (Deathmatch), CTF, KOTH, Race, etc.?
>
> https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1052965178159943680
>
> > 2533274815533909;9:
> > They would have to commit an enormous amount of time and resources, like warzone did in 5 but it would be even more and look how many things suffered because of that.
>
> It’s worth noting that Epic created Fortnite BR in 2 months with a dev team a fraction of the size of 343i’s.
>
> Like Fortnite (and unlike CoD), Halo already has gamemodes that require large environments. So, like with Fortnite, it’s possible said large environments could be reused for a BR mode, which would seriously cut back on its development time/resources. And there’s a pretty staggering amount of evidence suggesting 343i’s in the process of developing massive maps/environments.
>
> And I’m not sure how anybody can suggest a BR mode would be harder to balance than any of Halo’s traditional team-based gamemodes. We’re comparing a mode that has become insanely popular regardless of how chaotic and RNG-based it typically is to modes that are expected to be relatively well-balanced. In most of Halo’s team-based gamemodes, one team isn’t allowed to have a significant advantage over another due to spawns or lopsided map design. For a BR mode, 343i wouldn’t have to worry about balancing spawns since the players choose their own spawn points and there are no respawns. That would be a big weight off their shoulders, I imagine, since both them and even Bungie demonstrated how difficult it is to get spawns just right.
>
> Am I the only one that noticed how many changes to the sandbox 343i had to make to all the different playlists in Halo 5? Meanwhile the weapon spawns in BR gamemodes are, as far as I know, entirely random.
>
>
> > 2533274824050480;7:
> > One of the 343i employees has already confirmed, thankfully, that there won’t be a battle royale mode in Infinite.
>
> The game is still quite a ways from going gold. Plenty of time for minds to be changed.

Sure, but how’d it turn out for 343i’s image when they made commitments in the past and failed to follow through? I think they’ve learned from that and they’re not going to make such high-profile statements without being absolutely certain they know what they’re saying. Halo doesn’t need battle royale. There are plenty of those games on the market that are already solid games. Entering that market would only be a waste of resources that are better spent perfecting the Halo formula.

> 2533274824050480;11:
> Sure, but how’d it turn out for 343i’s image when they made commitments in the past and failed to follow through?

You tell me. As far as I know, nobody was crucified. They straight-up released a broken game and they’re still in business, so. Can’t see how one of their employee’s saying, “Whoops, I spoke too soon, sorry!” would damage their reputation significantly. Unless there’s another source I’m not aware of?

> 2533274824050480;11:
> Halo doesn’t need battle royale. There are plenty of those games on the market that are already solid games. Entering that market would only be a waste of resources that are better spent perfecting the Halo formula.

Like Ske7ch (also a 343i employee) said, “Tons of modes overlap between all the big shooters, and each game puts their own spin on it.” BRs have proven to be ridiculously popular and addictive like no other gamemode before it. Why shouldn’t it be treated as a staple, like Slayer or CTF or control gametypes?

And you realize Halo isn’t opting out of competing with those games by not having a BR mode, right? It’s competing with them for the attention of consumers regardless of whether or not it has a BR mode. The question is: How well is it competing for the attention of consumers by not having such a popular mode?

I strongly disagree that it would be a waste of resources considering that, 1. Halo’s devs are already expected to develop the weapon and vehicle variety necessary for a BR and 2. That it’s extremely likely 343i are already developing large environments.

Ugh what’s with the BR fanboys not letting this go. 343 has said more than once that the only BR in Halo is gonna be the Battle Rifle. Go play some Fortnite and leave BR out of Halo.

> 2533274807484193;13:
> Ugh what’s with the BR fanboys not letting this go. 343 has said more than once that the only BR in Halo is gonna be the Battle Rifle. Go play some Fortnite and leave BR out of Halo.

Yeah for real haha. Fortnite already does battle royale really well so there’s no reason to have another game that does the same thing. It’s like asking why CoD doesn’t bring in power armor and so on. CoD does its own thing really well and copying Halo’s futuristic setting wouldn’t set it apart.

> 2533274804424245;12:
> And you realize Halo isn’t opting out of competing with those games by not having a BR mode, right? It’s competing with them for the attention of consumers regardless of whether or not it has a BR mode. The question is: How well is it competing for the attention of consumers by not having such a popular mode?
>
> I strongly disagree that it would be a waste of resources considering that, 1. Halo’s devs are already expected to develop the weapon and vehicle variety necessary for a BR and 2. That it’s extremely likely 343i are already developing large environments.

BR is only popular because Ninja played Fortnite and the game is free to play. PUBG started it, but Fortnite took it to a whole new level… quite too much may I add.
Halo competes with it’s uniqueness. It’s what always drove the series forward and the sales are the proof. Up until Halo 3, which is, as everyone knows, the peak of Halo, the series were unique, barely having something generic. Reach, which added Sprint and loadouts, had HALF of 3’s sales and is what started the long-running division of the Halo community. 4 got slightly less sales and divided the fans more, then Halo 5… well, Halo 5 should have less given that Halo 4 and MCC happened. Not to mention that Halo 5 is considered the game that divided the community the most.
Reach-5 had less sales because of the unnecessarily added mechanics that only questioned Halo’s uniqueness and not compliment or improve it. When Infinite was revealed at E3, the crowd (supposedly) screamed out of happiness after seeing that Bungie’s marines and Chief’s more iconic Mark VI were returning and hopes are likely high for a classic gameplay.

  1. Why should we expect them to be developing a sandbox large enough to accommodate for BR? AT ALL? That’s like saying that we should have expected Halo 5 to have BR because 343 was adding in weapon variants and vehicles and contribute to the Sandbox.
  2. Developing large environments doesn’t automatically mean 343 is developing a BR mode. By that logic, Minecraft is a battle royale game because Markus designed an expansive large environment. Batman Arkham Knight is a BR game because Rocksteady designed an expansive large environment. Spider-Man PS4 is a BR game because Insomniac designed an expansive large environment… an so on, you get the picture.

Just because something is popular doesn’t always mean it’s the right thing to do. We are UNHAPPY of 343 because they were following trends with Halo 4 and 5. Following the BR trend would only upset Halo fans, most of them actually.

May I also add that Infinite’s reveal was quite unexpected. We weren’t prepared with what we saw, it was something else entirely. Given that and that I said that the hopes for a classic gameplay are high, the mesh of classic gameplay and BR would not fit very well. For one, if it’s classic, no Sprint and with no Sprint, it gets boring having to traverse such a gigantic battlefield.

> 2533274824050480;14:
> > 2533274807484193;13:
> > Ugh what’s with the BR fanboys not letting this go. 343 has said more than once that the only BR in Halo is gonna be the Battle Rifle. Go play some Fortnite and leave BR out of Halo.
>
> Yeah for real haha. Fortnite already does battle royale really well so there’s no reason to have another game that does the same thing. It’s like asking why CoD doesn’t bring in power armor and so on. CoD does its own thing really well and copying Halo’s futuristic setting wouldn’t set it apart.

Yeah CoD Infinite Warfare is a good example why CoD shouldn’t try and copy Halo. They tried and it was a colossal failure.

> 2533275010817669;15:
> Halo competes with it’s uniqueness. It’s what always drove the series forward and the sales are the proof.

That’s my point. Halo’s been borrowing gametypes/modes from other games since its inception and yet it’s been successfully competing with other shooters for almost two decades now, so clearly borrowing gametypes/modes isn’t an issue for this franchise. If anything, it’s beneficial.

> 2533275010817669;15:
> 1. Why should we expect them to be developing a sandbox large enough to accommodate for BR? AT ALL?

What I’m saying is the amount of weapons and vehicles Halo games typically have is already enough to accommodate BR.
Developing a map that’s big enough for BR is really the only thing that might be out of their way. It also might not be out of their way at all, depending on the size and designs of the environments 343i are currently developing.

> 2533275010817669;15:
> 2. Developing large environments doesn’t automatically mean 343 is developing a BR mode.

I’m not saying they are. I’m saying they should at least consider taking the large environments they’re already creating and also using them for BR. I’m also saying they could potentially create maps that would work for both BR and other modes so they wouldn’t be spending development time and resources on just BR. For instance, a large portion of Bungie’s Forge World in Halo Reach was simply the landscape of the map Hemorrhage (a remake of Blood Gulch from CE), and they used that map in BTB. The map Spire from the same game was used in both BTB and the campaign.

I seem to remember some very large areas in Halo 4 and 5’s campaign. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see why they couldn’t take large environments like those from Infinite’s campaign and use them for BR.

> 2533275010817669;15:
> Just because something is popular doesn’t always mean it’s the right thing to do. We are UNHAPPY of 343 because they were following trends with Halo 4 and 5. Following the BR trend would only upset Halo fans, most of them actually.

We are unhappy because they followed gameplay trends. It’s already been proven that adopting gamemodes can be beneficial for this franchise. Bungie did it successfully. 343i even did it with Warzone, which is consistently one of the most popular playlists in Halo 5 and has wound up making them a ridiculous amount of money.

> 2533275010817669;15:
> the mesh of classic gameplay and BR would not fit very well. For one, if it’s classic, no Sprint and with no Sprint, it gets boring having to traverse such a gigantic battlefield.

I disagree, I think classic gameplay and BR would go together just fine. And I fail to see how sprinting across a large map is any more entertaining than traversing it at base movement speed. If 343 only have to take one movement speed into account, they can make maps the appropriate size to accommodate it. Sprint wouldn’t be a requirement.

> 2533274807484193;13:
> Go play some Fortnite and leave BR out of Halo.

Sounds like something someone with ill-considered opinions would say.

> 2533274804424245;10:
> > 2533274815533909;9:
> > Halo needs to separate itself from the pack (like it used too) not be like everyone else. They need to stop trying to get more players by copying what everyone else is doing.
>
> Halo’s been borrowing gametypes/modes from other games since the first. You think CE was the first game to have Slayer (Deathmatch), CTF, KOTH, Race, etc.?
>
> https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1052965178159943680
>
> > 2533274815533909;9:
> > They would have to commit an enormous amount of time and resources, like warzone did in 5 but it would be even more and look how many things suffered because of that.
>
> It’s worth noting that Epic created Fortnite BR in 2 months with a dev team a fraction of the size of 343i’s.
>
> Like Fortnite (and unlike CoD), Halo already has gamemodes that require large environments. So, like with Fortnite, it’s possible said large environments could be reused for a BR mode, which would seriously cut back on its development time/resources. And there’s a pretty staggering amount of evidence suggesting 343i’s in the process of developing massive maps/environments.
>
> And I’m not sure how anybody can suggest a BR mode would be harder to balance than any of Halo’s traditional team-based gamemodes. We’re comparing a mode that has become insanely popular regardless of how chaotic and RNG-based it typically is to modes that are expected to be relatively well-balanced. In most of Halo’s team-based gamemodes, one team isn’t allowed to have a significant advantage over another due to spawns or lopsided map design. For a BR mode, 343i wouldn’t have to worry about balancing spawns since the players choose their own spawn points and there are no respawns. That would be a big weight off their shoulders, I imagine, since both them and even Bungie demonstrated how difficult it is to get spawns just right.
>
> Am I the only one that noticed how many changes to the sandbox 343i had to make to all the different playlists in Halo 5? Meanwhile the weapon spawns in BR gamemodes are, as far as I know, entirely random.
>
>
> > 2533274824050480;7:
> > One of the 343i employees has already confirmed, thankfully, that there won’t be a battle royale mode in Infinite.
>
> The game is still quite a ways from going gold. Plenty of time for minds to be changed.

I’ve been around since the first FPS ever came out, so yes I know Halo didn’t invent Deathmatch or CTF or anything like that. I was implying the game as a whole, not just game modes.

That’s fine that they made it in two months. How confident would you be for 343I to make a great BR mode in halo in that time? I know I would want them to really work at it, hence they need take time and resources from another mode say like campaign for example, and put it into a BR mode.

Yes Halo already has big maps, but BR maps would be bigger. So now you’re making Maps specifically for one mode again. Just like what they did with warzone and Halo 5. I didn’t think that was a good idea then and I still don’t. Obviously there’s some maps that can only be used for some modes, I understand that…but as a whole I think it makes more sense to try to design maps that can be used in multiple game modes like in past Halo games. Yes the spawning issue would be a non-issue and BR mode I agree.

As I said in an earlier post, if Microsoft / 343I want to do a BR mode in Halo it should just be its own separate game completely. This way they can put all their focus, all there time and attention into it and hopefully it would succeed. To me that would be the smarter play.

As a side note and this isn’t directed to anyone, People are just on the BR mode hype train right now because it’s the “new” cool thing and the newest COD came out and it has it as well. But in 6 months how popular will it be in COD? How popular will it be in general? What about in 8 months? 12? 2 years? We don’t know… my guess, not as popular at all…But like most things, it’ll dies down or even fade away and get replaced with the next new big thing. The key is to try and come up with that next big thing.

I would rather Microsoft / 343I focus on that instead… Along with making a great Halo game that is familiar but new. One we all know and love.

> 2533274804424245;17:
> > 2533275010817669;15:
> > Halo competes with it’s uniqueness. It’s what always drove the series forward and the sales are the proof.
>
> That’s my point. Halo’s been borrowing gametypes/modes from other games since its inception and yet it’s been successfully competing with other shooters for almost two decades now, so clearly borrowing gametypes/modes isn’t an issue for this franchise. If anything, it’s beneficial.
>
>
> > 2533275010817669;15:
> > 1. Why should we expect them to be developing a sandbox large enough to accommodate for BR? AT ALL?
>
> What I’m saying is the amount of weapons and vehicles Halo games typically have is already enough to accommodate BR.
> Developing a map that’s big enough for BR is really the only thing that might be out of their way. It also might not be out of their way at all, depending on the size and designs of the environments 343i are currently developing.
>
>
> > 2533275010817669;15:
> > 2. Developing large environments doesn’t automatically mean 343 is developing a BR mode.
>
> I’m not saying they are. I’m saying they should at least consider taking the large environments they’re already creating and also using them for BR. I’m also saying they could potentially create maps that would work for both BR and other modes so they wouldn’t be spending development time and resources on just BR. For instance, a large portion of Bungie’s Forge World in Halo Reach was simply the landscape of the map Hemorrhage (a remake of Blood Gulch from CE), and they used that map in BTB. The map Spire from the same game was used in both BTB and the campaign.
>
> I seem to remember some very large areas in Halo 4 and 5’s campaign. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see why they couldn’t take large environments like those from Infinite’s campaign and use them for BR.
>
>
> > 2533275010817669;15:
> > Just because something is popular doesn’t always mean it’s the right thing to do. We are UNHAPPY of 343 because they were following trends with Halo 4 and 5. Following the BR trend would only upset Halo fans, most of them actually.
>
> We are unhappy because they followed gameplay trends. It’s already been proven that adopting gamemodes can be beneficial for this franchise. Bungie did it successfully. 343i even did it with Warzone, which is consistently one of the most popular playlists in Halo 5 and has wound up making them a ridiculous amount of money.
>
>
> > 2533275010817669;15:
> > the mesh of classic gameplay and BR would not fit very well. For one, if it’s classic, no Sprint and with no Sprint, it gets boring having to traverse such a gigantic battlefield.
>
> I disagree, I think classic gameplay and BR would go together just fine. And I fail to see how sprinting across a large map is any more entertaining than traversing it at base movement speed. If 343 only have to take one movement speed into account, they can make maps the appropriate size to accommodate it. Sprint wouldn’t be a requirement.
>
>
> > 2533274807484193;13:
> > Go play some Fortnite and leave BR out of Halo.
>
> Sounds like something someone with ill-considered opinions would say.

Because I don’t agree with you? That’s very mature of you. Sounds like your reply was ill-considered.

> 2533274815533909;18:
> That’s fine that they made it in two months. How confident would you be for 343I to make a great BR mode in halo in that time?

Very. Over the last 5 years or so they’ve had a lot of practice balancing team-based arena-esque gamemodes that, for reasons previously stated, I believe are much more difficult to balance than BRs. There’s also the fact that the maps of the most popular BRs have a decent amount in common with Halo’s BTB and Warzone maps, and I enjoy most of the large maps/environments 343i have made. And with the amount of employees they have paired with the fact they’re now working with an engine they themselves built, yeah, I think they’d be able to handle BR just fine.

> 2533274815533909;18:
> Yes Halo already has big maps, but BR maps would be bigger.

First off, you have no idea how big the environments they’re currently developing are. All we know is what we saw in the Infinite engine demo (what appeared to be a pretty massive environment) and that, according to Chris Lee, “the engine demo is a clear indication of the direction we are heading with our next game and a great snapshot of where our tech is right now.”

Second, that statement is not a given. Battlefield and Battlefront have had maps and player counts that have dwarfed Halo’s for years. Halo doesn’t have to have a 100-player BR. I’d argue that even a tacked-on 20-player BR would be better than no BR whatsoever.

> 2533274815533909;18:
> So now you’re making Maps specifically for one mode again.

Uh, no, no we aren’t. Even if they did have to make maps large enough for a BR (which I’m far from convinced on), they could still use those BR maps for other modes. There’d be nothing stopping them from also using those maps for Warzone, Firefight, Forge, and then some. The potential for what you can do with large maps like that is limitless.

> 2533274815533909;18:
> Obviously there’s some maps that can only be used for some modes, I understand that…but as a whole I think it makes more sense to try to design maps that can be used in multiple game modes like in past Halo games. Yes the spawning issue would be a non-issue and BR mode I agree.

Agreed. What makes you think maps created for a BR mode couldn’t be used for other modes? Both Fortnite and PUBG have other modes besides BR, and they use the same map(s) for all of them.

> 2533274815533909;18:
> As a side note and this isn’t directed to anyone, People are just on the BR mode hype train right now because it’s the “new” cool thing and the newest COD came out and it has it as well. But in 6 months how popular will it be in COD? How popular will it be in general? What about in 8 months? 12? 2 years? We don’t know… my guess, not as popular at all…But like most things, it’ll dies down or even fade away and get replaced with the next new big thing.

Do you have any examples of gamemodes that have become as popular as BRs have and then dwindled in popularity to the point that they weren’t worth keeping around as an additional gametype? Because that’s all that matters here.

Imo the idea that BRs will die down in popularity to the point they aren’t worthy of being an additional mode in an FPS is ludicrous, and I haven’t seen any convincing evidence or reasoning to back such a claim. On the other hand, we know that many modes overlap between popular shooters, and as far as I know no mode has ever become a staple only to then decrease in popularity to the point that it wasn’t worth keeping around, and BRs have become more popular than most (if not all) staple FPS gamemodes.

> 2533274815533909;18:
> The key is to try and come up with that next big thing. I would rather Microsoft / 343I focus on that instead…

Hold on, so you don’t trust 343i to be able to develop a successful BR mode (even though there’s quite a few successful examples for them to watch and learn from), but you trust them to create from scratch a hypothetical gamemode that will become “the next big thing”? Right. Of course you do.

> 2533274807484193;19:
> Because I don’t agree with you? That’s very mature of you. Sounds like your reply was ill-considered.

Because you’re apparently incapable of defending your opinions with reasoning or evidence so instead you resort to being dismissive of other’s opinions. Good luck with middle school.