What I want & expect Halo Infinite gameplay to be

Since Halo Infinite was announced at this E3 I was thinking what the gameplay would be like. I would like the game to play like H2A but improved on. But I expect Halo Infinite to play like a turn downed Halo 5 Guardians with no SC and GP and thrusters. Just my opinion so yeah

I’m no that’s sure what it’s gonna be, 343 likes going their own direction.

That said, they know by now what they need to do/make. Which is a solid, flushed out game that has many halo calling cards and bench marks.

I just played a Halo 3 btb ctf game on Standoff, it was one of the more intense Halo matches I’ve ever played. One of those games where you’re shooting as you turn around and before you get enemies in your sights - because you’re just always shooting and scrambling to react. Reminded me of RTS macro and micro managing vs high skill opponents!

Really reminded me that you don’t need ground pound or sprint or charge for really fast gameplay

Bring back abilities from Reach

> 2533274936074323;1:
> I would like the game to play like H2A but improved on.

That’s incredibly vague. Would you like to elaborate? What elements of H2A would you like to see featured in Infinite’s gameplay?

Well 343 tried to copy COD’s spint, loadouts, killstreaks and no map control with Halo 4, then they followed COD’s enhanced mobility with Halo 5. Now I hope they will copy once again COD wich is coming back to a more classic gameplay. My expectations and hopes? Halo CE, 2 and 3 like gameplay.

The should just use the Halo 3 engine. No one seems to want anything more than that. They could release the game this fall.

> 2533274798957786;7:
> The should just use the Halo 3 engine. No one seems to want anything more than that. They could release the game this fall.

Oh, I get it. You’re baiting me. Well, sir: ploy failed. I will not rise to the occasion. I will italicize everything and call your Halo 3 engine a pitiful failure. And your Halo 3 ranking system and your Halo 3 battle rifle. FAIL.

> 2533274873843883;8:
> > 2533274798957786;7:
> > The should just use the Halo 3 engine. No one seems to want anything more than that. They could release the game this fall.
>
> Oh, I get it. You’re baiting me. Well, sir: ploy failed. I will not rise to the occasion. I will italicize everything and call your Halo 3 engine a pitiful failure. And your Halo 3 ranking system and your Halo 3 battle rifle. FAIL.

Think of the money they could save. They really don’t even have to improve the graphics. Nobody hates Halo 3 so just make another Halo 3 game. What could go wrong?

> 2533274798957786;9:
> > 2533274873843883;8:
> > > 2533274798957786;7:
> > > The should just use the Halo 3 engine. No one seems to want anything more than that. They could release the game this fall.
> >
> > Oh, I get it. You’re baiting me. Well, sir: ploy failed. I will not rise to the occasion. I will italicize everything and call your Halo 3 engine a pitiful failure. And your Halo 3 ranking system and your Halo 3 battle rifle. FAIL.
>
> Think of the money they could save. They really don’t even have to improve the graphics. Nobody hates Halo 3 so just make another Halo 3 game. What could go wrong?

I tolerated that game when it was current, and having now played Reach, 4, and 5, I can honestly say that in retrospect I hated that game. MCC confirmed it. I. HATED. IT. So that could go wrong. And saving money only matters if they’re trying to retail the game for $19.99 and put an end to microtransactions. And put two thirds of their employees out of work. Pretty sure that’s a no, another no, and then a very big no.

OHHHH - you did it again. You baited me and this time I fell for it. Curse you, Stardriver, curse you!

> 2533274936074323;1:
> Since Halo Infinite was announced at this E3 I was thinking what the gameplay would be like. I would like the game to play like H2A but improved on. But I expect Halo Infinite to play like a turn downed Halo 5 Guardians with no SC and GP and thrusters. Just my opinion so yeah

I have a similiar feeling. Advanced movements will stay but will be tinkered with a bit. I can see no thruster but clamber will stay. Sprint im on the fence. SC & GP I can see returning but only available in certain playlists.

> 2535415876049274;5:
> > 2533274936074323;1:
> > I would like the game to play like H2A but improved on.
>
> That’s incredibly vague. Would you like to elaborate? What elements of H2A would you like to see featured in Infinite’s gameplay?

The gunplay, sandbox improvements, the levation like stuff

I think that 343 will probably build upon the Halo 5 gameplay, which is pretty solid. If they go back to a more classic, sprint-less gameplay, I would like for them to keep the thrusters, as it would spice up the original formula.

I want it to play like it does now, with one change and one addition.

SPARTAN CHARGE.
I would keep spartan charge, but add a charge mechanic like ground pound. While it charges you have a super limited ability to turn while sprinting. And less lock on.

EQUIPMENT AS MAP PICKUPS
I like the addition of equipment in Halo 3,because it was a map pickup. This made it just like power weapons, where map control and timing will allow any team the chance to pick it up. I do not like how equipment was morphed into abilities in Reach and H4.

> 2535412131947467;4:
> Bring back abilities from Reach

I think that is to an extent a horrible idea I would agree if they were like abilities you can pick up on the map and were limited to some game modes also not everybody liked the armor abilities and it removes fair starts if the armor ability system from reach was ported

what I want is for halo infinite to retain all vehicles from every halo game but also adding the ability to drive them all including the pelican and the phantom.
now for the ranking system I wish for it to be exactly like the ranking system from halo reach along with character customization system reach had where it was required to buy them with EARNABLE points while also excluding any micro-transactions excluding buyable content like the maps dlc.
as for the game mechanics itself I do hope that they will remove the halo 5 game mechanics and in place of it something like the one from reach but updated as it allowed for competitive play without it rushing the player entirely.
as for the missions I expect that they will match the music perfectly with the environment while keeping sort of like a mythical feel to it.
in the multiplayer area I do want stable connections, faster servers, a better and more fun community playlist, a larger and more diverse set of game modes and playable elites with a lot more diverse customizations.
and if you could please add more updated and a little bit more focused on message of the day to keep everyone informed about any updates without forcing them to go to the halo waypoint app just to see it.
also if you do not want to remove ability like spartan charge atleast make it to where your only allowed 1 spartan ability or else the game can be at times a bit too fast paced.
thank you
ps: im really hyped for the new game

> 2533274798957786;7:
> The should just use the Halo 3 engine. No one seems to want anything more than that. They could release the game this fall.

I’m so glad you aren’t developing this game.

> 2533274873843883;10:
> > 2533274798957786;9:
> > > 2533274873843883;8:
> > > > 2533274798957786;7:
> > > > The should just use the Halo 3 engine. No one seems to want anything more than that. They could release the game this fall.
> > >
> > > Oh, I get it. You’re baiting me. Well, sir: ploy failed. I will not rise to the occasion. I will italicize everything and call your Halo 3 engine a pitiful failure. And your Halo 3 ranking system and your Halo 3 battle rifle. FAIL.
> >
> > Think of the money they could save. They really don’t even have to improve the graphics. Nobody hates Halo 3 so just make another Halo 3 game. What could go wrong?
>
> I tolerated that game when it was current, and having now played Reach, 4, and 5, I can honestly say that in retrospect I hated that game. MCC confirmed it. I. HATED. IT. So that could go wrong. And saving money only matters if they’re trying to retail the game for $19.99 and put an end to microtransactions. And put two thirds of their employees out of work. Pretty sure that’s a no, another no, and then a very big no.
>
> OHHHH - you did it again. You baited me and this time I fell for it. Curse you, Stardriver, curse you!

I think you’re overreacting abit, hmm?

What I want is for Halo 6 to be the best Halo game to date and to make Halo relevant again with people aka when someone asks me what I’m doing tonight/this weekend and I say playing Halo, they don’t ask "what’s that game? …ugh… I want split screen, REAL LAN mode that doesn’t require an internet connection, the game to be actually playable offline (not just story mode) ADS zooming to go away and classic style zooming brought back but revamped, I want the sprint animation gone, multiplayer maps with interactive environments like H2A, firefight ODST style, equipment or a form of them back as map pick ups and I want the game to be actually finished upon release with FULL content!

What I’m expecting from Halo 6 is a similar game to Halo 5, gameplay and game modes wise that also has some form of microtransactions (sadly enough…)

I honestly don’t have a ton of faith that Halo 6 will be going back to it’s root gameplay wise unfortunately, even know Microsoft has every reason in the world too. I do think infinite story and single player campaign will be better though then Halo 5.

I would love for it to play like classic halo but i have a feeling it’ll play more like a mix of halo 4 and 5. Sprint will most likely still be in halo 6 with your shields being unable to regen while sprinting. Ground pound and thrusts will probably be gone since the whole “advanced movement” trend has died already. Idk if they’ll bring back clamber or not. Smart link will probably return, and i think they’ll probably bring back stabilizers as well since it does allow for some nice skill jumps. I don’t fully know what to expect, i’m just confident this next game will play like a mix of halo 4 and 5.