what i never see!

in any war game i play i always see a ravaged places, and among those places are the homes of the enemys or civillans…why isnt there ever a map in campaign where i see a spartans daily life or an elites life beyond the war…granted they say they are delving into cheifs life more , i just am wondering about the enemys side

A Spartan’s daily life consists of the Military so technically you are always seeing it. As for the Elites, we have never fought on one of their worlds so it’s natural you would never see their civilians. These places however do get attention in the novels.

Probably has to do with the fact we’re on an alien construct most of the time.

Well, the games have never really called for it. Although, with the Infinity grounded this poses a unique opportunity for Chief to walk around the ship as it’s a base of operations.

What about Halo 2? You had an award ceremony and a complementary marine squard cheering you on as your monorail passed by.

some of the H2 and h3 earth locations could’ve been apartment-y I doubt there will be any mudbrick huts and Middle Eastern neighborhoods or U.S. neighborhoods like homefront in h4 since its on an alien planet and all.

it would be funny to fight your way through a latrine somewhere on the infinity though

> What about Halo 2? You had an award ceremony and a complementary marine squard cheering you on as your monorail passed by.

i meen beyond that for instance what does a typical elite or brute or forrunner do for fun are they all war?

> > What about Halo 2? You had an award ceremony and a complementary marine squard cheering you on as your monorail passed by.
>
> i meen beyond that for instance what does a typical elite or brute or forrunner do for fun are they all war?

I would suggest reading the novels for further insight.

> > > What about Halo 2? You had an award ceremony and a complementary marine squard cheering you on as your monorail passed by.
> >
> > i meen beyond that for instance what does a typical elite or brute or forrunner do for fun are they all war?
>
> I would suggest reading the novels for further insight.

ok :stuck_out_tongue:

The reason you never see daily life is because it’s a game. It needs to be engaging. There aren’t many games where you play a normal day in the life of someone. It’s an area that should be further explored in the novels etc, but not in the games.

Halo Legends shows the home-world of the Elites and how they live their daily lives. It also shows some of their cultures and regular wardrobe. There is also some Earth based city fighting for a brief period.

> Halo Legends shows the home-world of the Elites and how they live their daily lives. It also shows some of their cultures and regular wardrobe. There is also some Earth based city fighting for a brief period.

No, that shows a Japanese artist’s view on their civilization. Though the Elites are somewhat samurai like, I can’t see their entire civilization being a mock of Feudal Japan. From the novels, I get more of a ancient Spartan feel, however ironic it may be. Though the actions and times may be canon, I don’t consider the description to be.

> > Halo Legends shows the home-world of the Elites and how they live their daily lives. It also shows some of their cultures and regular wardrobe. There is also some Earth based city fighting for a brief period.
>
> No, that shows a Japanese artist’s view on their civilization. Though the Elites are somewhat samurai like, I can’t see their entire civilization being a mock of Feudal Japan. From the novels, I get more of a ancient Spartan feel, however ironic it may be. Though the actions and times may be canon, I don’t consider the description to be.

What’s more, it shows there culture several hundred years prior to where they are now. Glasslands suggested that they’ve lost much of their own culture.

The guy making DayZ is trying to simulate life in a war-ish game…zombies obviously…but the whole games about trying to get by…