What I miss from Halo 2....The openness. (idea too)

Well for one kill barriers need to -Yoink- or be an option to turn off in customs…

Yet that’s not what I mean. I’m talking about the people talking. Ever since Party Chats and all that private crap on 360 gaming in general, including Halo, has become so crappy. Sometimes I feel like I’m playing against bots because either nobody talks, is in a private party or does not have a mic.

There needs to be more ways to get people to talk. Perhaps a playlist that requires a MIC and no Party Chat? I think it would be awesome. It would be a way to meet people to find customs, go into partys (not private).

Also it could be set up so when you get into a party of “X” people you can go against a team of that same number. Almost like Reach and 3 kinda did, yet with more interaction. No private chats, And mic is required.

I mean could you imagine if Halo 2 was like Halo today. Nobody talking, Everyone in private chats, and a small portion talking. It would have been crap, customs would be rare. I mean look at Halo 3 or Reach, customs are WAY better. So much better games and maps yet nobody seems to do customs. And those who do are hard to find. In Halo 2 it seemed like you could find a custom within a few MM games. With Halo 3 or Halo Reach you need to go on a man hunt across the galaxy.

So I can only hope people are more interactive. I’m even willing to deal with a-holes and little kids screaming on the MIC (as long as I can mute them). If it means having more fun and such it’s worth it.

> Well for one kill barriers need to Yoink! or be an option to turn off in customs…
>
> Yet that’s not what I mean. I’m talking about the people talking. Ever since Party Chats and all that private crap on 360 gaming in general, including Halo, has become so crappy. Sometimes I feel like I’m playing against bots because either nobody talks, is in a private party or does not have a mic.
>
>
> There needs to be more ways to get people to talk. Perhaps a playlist that requires a MIC and no Party Chat? I think it would be awesome. It would be a way to meet people to find customs, go into partys (not private).
>
> Also it could be set up so when you get into a party of “X” people you can go against a team of that same number. Almost like Reach and 3 kinda did, yet with more interaction. No private chats, And mic is required.
>
>
> I mean could you imagine if Halo 2 was like Halo today. Nobody talking, Everyone in private chats, and a small portion talking. It would have been crap, customs would be rare. I mean look at Halo 3 or Reach, customs are WAY better. So much better games and maps yet nobody seems to do customs. And those who do are hard to find. In Halo 2 it seemed like you could find a custom within a few MM games. With Halo 3 or Halo Reach you need to go on a man hunt across the galaxy.
>
>
> So I can only hope people are more interactive. I’m even willing to deal with a-holes and little kids screaming on the MIC (as long as I can mute them). If it means having more fun and such it’s worth it.

Agreed, look at timberland, you can’t fly halfway up the trees without a kill zone.

I 100% agree. Not sure if anyone here has played sc2, but it’s a great example of a good game that could be AMAZING if they had a better chat system and social tools.

I would encourage people to drop their private party and use in game chat to help build the community and make it feel more like an online experience.

It’s not even Halo. Games in general. My friend told me Gears of war 3 wasn’t as fun as the first one because people talked back then more.

Party Chats should only exist in some playlists and while watching movies and such.

Oh yeah… I’d just LOVE to go back to Halo 2’s style of chat. So every match I play can end up with both teams yelling profanity at the top of their lungs. /sarcasm

It’s the reason why all Halo players back out immediately instead of staying in matchmaking for the next match to be picked. We’ve gotten into the habit to get the heck out of there asap because of back in the day so we don’t have to hear the other team insult us.

No thanks. I’ll stick to party chat because I don’t want to hear you.

totally agree. halo 3 was even more talkative than reach is…i love being obnoxious online but now nobody talks back to me anymore :frowning:

I loathe kill barriers and death barriers; they’re so restrictive. I love party chat. It lets me talk to who I want to talk to, rather than random people.

Once people mature and are able to keep the conversation bearable or make it related to the match like helping the team then I turn it back on. But as of now I only hear profanity, people wanting to annoy others, and squeaky voices talking/acting like they’re big shots only to -Yoink-, moan, then cry to their parents over the microphone. So I currently keep my mic off, in a party, maybe once in awhile I might emerge and open up (Like in Halo 3).

Yeah it was really nice when people took BTB seriously and actually talked to each other. “Sniper on the ridge”, “Rockets down in middle”, “They’re going through teleporter”, that sort of thing.

Post this openess idea on my ’ halo 4 ideas forum ’ i am trying to get the community together and get ideas going around

> There needs to be more ways to get people to talk. Perhaps a playlist that requires a MIC and no Party Chat? I think it would be awesome. It would be a way to meet people to find customs, go into partys (not private).

I TOTALLY understand what you mean, the player community in halo 2 was a lot more interactive and I really do miss that. But unfortunately I don’t think requiring a mic can ever be implemented practically, even in an optional playlist. But what would be good is a better use of the profile matching that was in halo 3 (if I remember correctly) where you selected chatty, quiet, etc and it matched you with others of the same

A playlist for people with mic’s really thats what this is about - OR YOU COULD JUST PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS -

I dont care if other people dont have mic’s + i play on team and party ONLY so i cant ever talk to the kids im VS.

Not sure if 343 will make this playlist for you but good luck…

There is no forcing people to use mics. Gaming has changed as a whole, not just Halo. I’ll use Runescape as an example; I played the hell out of this game growing up. People talked traded items, and helped each other all of the time. Playing recently (for nostalgia purposes) I noticed that literally nobody talks. I log in and see “Welcome to Runescape” in my chat box after an hour or two of playing.

That’s not Halo related though. Honestly, there are a lot of ignorant, rude, unpleasant, annoying people out there. I’d sooner not hear them. As much as I like to communicate for game purposes, it never ends in that. I’ll either play Halo with my friends in game chat or no mic.

They’ll never make a mic only playlist. It would just be another segregation of an already divided community.