What I look forward too in the new Halo.

1. Remove Sprint
  2. Remove loadouts
  3. Remove AAs
  4. Give us Ranked playlist (1-50)
  5. Dual Weilding
  6. Bring back the name (Team Slayer) and not (Infinity Slayer)
  7. Remove quick spawns
    Etc.

I can go on but let me hear what the “PLAYERS” want.
if yall love Halo than yall would back me up on these 7 Etc. Like I said I can go on and on and on.

1. Yes, Kills map flow which kills good maps
  2. Yes, this isn’t CoD. This is Halo, keep it Halo
  3. Yes, Hated them since day one of Halo Reach
  4. Make it a little bit better than Halo 3
  5. Don’t mind it but sure why not
  6. Name doesn’t really bother me as long as we have Ranked and Social
  7. Not 100% sure on this myself

i like sprint. the only aa i really dont like is active camo. to me its a campers tool. i like the idea of having it be on the field though not as a starting aa.

> 1. Remove Sprint
> 2. Remove loadouts
> 3. Remove AAs
> 4. Give us Ranked playlist (1-50)
> 5. Dual Weilding
> 6. Bring back the name (Team Slayer) and not (Infinity Slayer)
> 7. Remove quick spawns
> Etc.

1. Yes
  2. Meh
  3. No
  4. Yes
  5. Don’t care anymore.
  6. Don’t care.
  7. Optional.
  1. Only remove Sprint from MM, it’s great for customs if you want to make a gametype with high speed players with swords, but don’t want ice skating.

2. And go back to the AR vs BR wars, especially with all the new weapons? No, just remove OP options, and place the redundant stuff on the map.

3. Make a slightly buffed Thruster a togglable default trait to replace Sprint. To avoid controller issues, either make Sprint an AA or put them on the same button with some kind of toggle (maybe). Offer Hologram, HLS, and a few new balanced alternatives off spawn and place Jetpack, Regen, a buffed Autosentry, Camo, and PV on the map or only in customs.

Make it easier to tell the AA of a player

1. Yes

2. Completely broke the sandbox, leave it behind

3. Don’t see why names matter too much, but yes

4. Custom Game exclusive toggle. Hell, allow us to change the spawn time to less than 3 seconds so people can play Octagon with a legitimate gametype for once.

Extra: 8. Killcams: fix them so they’re not bugged to hell, allow a quick button press to skip them, separate the final kill cam and normal kill cam options for customs. The normal killcam should be gone from MM.

> 1. Remove Sprint
> 2. Remove loadouts
> 3. Remove AAs
> 5. Dual Weilding
> 7. Remove quick spawns
> Etc.
>
> I can go on but let me hear what the “PLAYERS” want.
> if yall love Halo than yall would back me up on these 7 Etc. Like I said I can go on and on and on.

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes ect…

You my friend, have got it spot on. Also, adding to the list, JIP, ordinance, and the DMR. Not only not my favorite, like other people, it’s also canonically incorrect to have the DMR in the game, because the UNSC Marines left the DMR for the Battle Rifle, unless 343 pulls something out of their behinds to make it correct. But I really just don’t want it in the game anymore, especially at its game-breaking state right now.

One more thing, hate to be a grammar -Yoink!- here, but, the title…

to*

In an ideal world, I’d love to see all of this be solved by giving players options. If one wanted to play with settings that are similar to prior games, there would be a set of playlists for that. If one wanted to play with all of the newer items, there would be a set of playlists for that, too. However, this would create a problem that is akin to what Reach’s TU did, which was create a game that did not have a homogeneous “meta-game” throughout the core playlists.

But as for each of the seven points:

1. I like Sprint. I feel somewhat sluggish without it. Designing maps to accommodate it is a different story, though.

2. I liked Reach’s system of preset loadouts. It gave players the ability to choose how they wanted to play the game without having to eliminate on-map weapons.

3. I feel like they add another layer to the game that, when properly balanced, adds to the game’s allure.

4. I’m not sure that I’d like to see 1-50 and all of its issues return, but yes.

5. Eh, I enjoyed it. But 343i needs to be cautious of what weapons they allow to be dual-wielded. There were a lot of combinations that proved to be too deadly, in my opinion.

6. I don’t really care about name choice. It would provide familiarity if it was named “Team Slayer”, but I’m apathetic otherwise.

7. Make it a custom game option and put into a select number of playlists.

> 1. Remove Sprint
> 2. Remove loadouts
> 3. Remove AAs
> 5. Dual Weilding
> 7. Remove quick spawns
> Etc.
>
> if yall love Halo than yall would back me up on these 7 Etc. Like I said I can go on and on and on.

Simple:

1. Option to disable it.
  2. Option to get rid of it.
  3. Option to get rid of it.
  4. Visible CSR you mean?
  5. Would be nice.
  6. Is that really something major?
  7. Option to get rid of it.

Reasons:

1. It works in some gametypes/playlists, and not in others.
  2. I love Custom Loadouts, and would be very sad if it was gotten rid of entirely in Halo 5. There should be Classic and Infinity playlists so both parties are happy.
  3. I don’t see what’s wrong with AA’s overall. Again, some playlists should not have them though.
  4. So many people modded to have Instant Respawning in Halo 3 and Reach. It needs to be an option. Also, some gametype/playlists benefit from it while others don’t.

All we really need is two separate playlists so both parties are happy.
Classic/Competitve/Ranked
Infinity/Casual/Social

> 1. Remove Sprint
> 2. Remove loadouts
> 3. Remove AAs
> 5. Dual Weilding
> 7. Remove quick spawns
> Etc.
>

1: Definitely. No sprint means no extended maps, and faster base movement speed. We should feel like we’re running when we walk normally. 110% Halo 4 speed without Sprint is perfect.

2: Remove the Custom Loadouts. But keep static loadouts. I see nothing wrong with Slayer Pro’s choices, though in the next game I’d rather see them set up like;

BR, AR, 1 Frag
DMR, Magnum, 1 Frag
Carbine, PR, 1 Stick
NR, SR, 1 Stick
LR, Suppressor, 1 Pulse

Boltshots and Plasma Pistols should spawn on the map, and the LR should more “flexible” by this I mean it should be the third most effective Mid-Range rifle, behind the BR and Carbine, while unscoped and the 3rd most effective long range rifle, behind the DMR and NR, scoped.

3: Yes. And in place of the mandatory sprint button, have a Thrust button. Thrust is a nice addition to Halo’s movement mechanics, and adds depth to strafing.

4: Ranked and Social playlists is a must. A third set of “Clan Match” playlists would be nice if the game has proper clan support.

5: I could pass on Dual Wield.

6: Infinity Slayer is a joke. Regular Team Slayer for sure.

7: Agreed, Instant Respawns are terrible.

8: While I don’t mind Personal Ordinance, keep heavy power weapons and powerups out of it, use it for weaker power weapons like Plasma Pistols and Boltshots.

9: Global Ordinance should be set, perhaps with a “wave” system so the weapons change over the course of a game. But always with the same map-based pattern. Nothing should ever be “random”.

10: DESCOPE. This is insanely important in Halo.

So basically HALO 3?

Not that I would really mind that.

So people can’t handle change ?

Not that I didn’t love Halo 4, but I really really hope that 343i make Halo 5 (or whatever you’d call it) very different from its predeccessor. In any way they can. Last time I hoped they’d keep to the old formula but now I just want them to do something wholly different.

NO AA, BR Only, Final Destination.

> NO AA, BR Only, <mark>Final Destination</mark>.

I assume you mean Last Resort/Zanzibar, though I am not certain…

> > NO AA, BR Only, <mark>Final Destination</mark>.
>
> I assume you mean Last Resort/Zanzibar, though I am not certain…

Nope, just a joke, based on this.

> 1. Remove Sprint
> 2. Remove loadouts
> 3. Remove AAs
> 5. Dual Weilding
> 7. Remove quick spawns
> Etc.
>

What 343 may reasonably do

1. Nope, unless another playlist calls for it
  2. Maybe, or they just have playlist without loadouts
  3. They aren’t going anywhere
  4. They can and should do this, along with social playlist
  5. Possible
  6. Agree, but we may not even have infinity next time
  7. This should happen

343 will most likely allow the option for people to play this type of halo, along with a more dumbed down version. As if they are going to ditch everything you said and go back to classic everything. They just wouldn’t do that.

> > > NO AA, BR Only, <mark>Final Destination</mark>.
> >
> > I assume you mean Last Resort/Zanzibar, though I am not certain…
>
> Nope, just a joke, based on this.

Ah thanks :slight_smile: Quite funny.

1. Yes
  2. OK
  3. Sure
  4. Yep
  5. Acceptable
  6. Gladly
  7. Naturally

What if Armour Abilities…spawned on the map? horrified gasps
If you think about it, AAs are basically equipment from Halo 3. The only difference is that you spawn with them from the beginning,and they`re fully rechargeable.

The solution? Make them spawn on a timer at the beginning. Once on the player,they are rechargeable until that player is killed. Then the timer restarts and,eventually, we have that AA back on the map.

I think it would be more effective than abandoning the idea altogether.

I can handle change, Halo 2 to Halo 3 was awesome I adapted quickly. But when Halo Reach came that was TOOOO MUCH CHANGE and you can agree with me! If not than your no Halo player to me. Same with Halo 4.