What I hate about Halo 5

No I don’t hate Halo 5, I hate what they did to it.

The new community made btb maps are amazing, mostly because they’re beautiful, colorful, and open, they are what I’ve been wanting forever now, however, I can’t say the same for the 343i original maps.

But for some reason, 343 thinks halo’s maps should all be indoors, unsc, and bland of colors. Sure, collesium is outdoors and has some colors, but that’s about it. What happened to beautiful maps like Zanzibar, Highgrounds, guardian, construct, Valhalla, Narrows, sandtrap, even isolation, Halo 1&2 both have glorious maps, whilst the very limited amount of maps in Halo 5 are extremely cqb, all bland, no colors, all indoors, and HALF OF THEM ARE REMIX’S. What happened to Halo? Where are these huge, unique maps, why are they all UNSC themed facilities/abondoned warehouses. Yes, we have Truth, that’s a great map, however 343i thinks all these indoor maps and remix’s are “next-gen”

With such a lack luster amount of maps, why was the game released with a lack luster amount of gametypes? Where was all their focus put? Was it the hundreds of re-skins of armors? 4 varieties of the recruit armor? Seeker variants? Don’t even get me started on seeker, lol.

But honestly, these remix maps are awful, these indoor maps, horrible, I mean I’d be fine with remix’s and indoor maps, IF EVERY MAP IN THE GAME WASN’T ONE OR THE OTHER.

We need variety, we need OUTDOORS, colors, open maps, like all the previous Halo’s. I HATED Halo 4, but, it did have some decent maps, colorful ones, outdoor ones, so I respect that.

Another thing, with such a small amount of gametypes on release, so little maps, half being remix’s, 343 said the reason elites weren’t playable was due to “Lack of resources.”

WHERE ARE THOSE RESOURCES? What is so revolutionary about Halo? What do they have to show for it? That half the maps are just reskins? The game was released with 4 game types? Still no infection?

I’m not going to whine about the req system, that’s not the problem in my opinion, what is my problem is that Halo 5 was released unfinished, or lazily done.
Don’t get me wrong, I like it, it’s fun, and addicting, but there’s so many flaws in this game it’s not even funny, apparently to 343 having 200 armor sets/helmets/emblems etc is more important than the meat of the game.

It’s like we got a teaspoon of potatoes but 10 gallons of gravy put on top of it.

I love the forge in this game, it’s the best forge ever, and I’m glad they actually have music fitting to Halo, unlike Halo 4. This game had serious potential, and I get it, we’re getting free updates, but the games life shouldn’t RELY on these updates, these updates should expand its lifespan. They should’ve released this game with all the game modes previous halo’s were launched with, and a wonderful variety of maps, there’s literally nothing you can say to defend them on that issue, why is it okay when Halo 2, a game made for the original xbox had a handful of gamemodes, twice the amount of maps (None being remix’s of maps ALREADY in the game), whilst next-gen hardly pushed out any content. It’s not that Halo 5 is bad, it’s that it is lacking content.

They also threw full spartan customization out the window too, bravo on that.

I love the forged maps better than the original maps, 343, please add some forged community made arena maps to social slayer, BTB got the treatment, now social slayer should too.

I think a major reason for the maps changing was because of 343 trying to make the game really good for competitive play. Which it succeeded with, a bit too well, there’s almost no casual play because even in the social playlists I find it hard to relax.

> 2533275016942754;2:
> I think a major reason for the maps changing was because of 343 trying to make the game really good for competitive play. Which it succeeded with, a bit too well, there’s almost no casual play because even in the social playlists I find it hard to relax.

It is great for being competitive, and I agree, I can’t enjoy social playlists because of how competitive it is.

> 2533274851412396;3:
> > 2533275016942754;2:
> > I think a major reason for the maps changing was because of 343 trying to make the game really good for competitive play. Which it succeeded with, a bit too well, there’s almost no casual play because even in the social playlists I find it hard to relax.
>
>
> It is great for being competitive, and I agree, I can’t enjoy social playlists because of how competitive it is.

I’m not competitive at all, but I only play “socially”.

Its all about your mindset, if you want to play a relaxed game, just be relaxed. There doesn’t need to be a playlist for you to play socially. (I think there should be a playlist, but that’s not the point)

> 2560081931056311;4:
> > 2533274851412396;3:
> > > 2533275016942754;2:
> > > I think a major reason for the maps changing was because of 343 trying to make the game really good for competitive play. Which it succeeded with, a bit too well, there’s almost no casual play because even in the social playlists I find it hard to relax.
> >
> >
> > It is great for being competitive, and I agree, I can’t enjoy social playlists because of how competitive it is.
>
>
> I’m not competitive at all, but I only play “socially”.
>
> Its all about your mindset, if you want to play a relaxed game, just be relaxed. There doesn’t need to be a playlist for you to play socially. (I think there should be a playlist, but that’s not the point)

Social was considered an unranked playlist, so you wouldn’t derank upon losing, which makes it less tense, however it doesn’t make it any less tense in Halo 5 for me, lol.

> 2533274851412396;5:
> > 2560081931056311;4:
> > > 2533274851412396;3:
> > > > 2533275016942754;2:
> > > > I think a major reason for the maps changing was because of 343 trying to make the game really good for competitive play. Which it succeeded with, a bit too well, there’s almost no casual play because even in the social playlists I find it hard to relax.
> > >
> > >
> > > It is great for being competitive, and I agree, I can’t enjoy social playlists because of how competitive it is.
> >
> >
> > I’m not competitive at all, but I only play “socially”.
> >
> > Its all about your mindset, if you want to play a relaxed game, just be relaxed. There doesn’t need to be a playlist for you to play socially. (I think there should be a playlist, but that’s not the point)
>
>
> Social was considered an unranked playlist, so you wouldn’t derank upon losing, which makes it less tense, however it doesn’t make it any less tense in Halo 5 for me, lol.

Then the problem is on you, isn’t it?

There is no rank in social, so why is it anyone else’s fault that you still feel tense?

> 2560081931056311;6:
> > 2533274851412396;5:
> > > 2560081931056311;4:
> > > > 2533274851412396;3:
> > > > > 2533275016942754;2:
> > > > > I think a major reason for the maps changing was because of 343 trying to make the game really good for competitive play. Which it succeeded with, a bit too well, there’s almost no casual play because even in the social playlists I find it hard to relax.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > It is great for being competitive, and I agree, I can’t enjoy social playlists because of how competitive it is.
> > >
> > >
> > > I’m not competitive at all, but I only play “socially”.
> > >
> > > Its all about your mindset, if you want to play a relaxed game, just be relaxed. There doesn’t need to be a playlist for you to play socially. (I think there should be a playlist, but that’s not the point)
> >
> >
> > Social was considered an unranked playlist, so you wouldn’t derank upon losing, which makes it less tense, however it doesn’t make it any less tense in Halo 5 for me, lol.
>
>
> Then the problem is on you, isn’t it?
>
> There is no rank in social, so why is it anyone else’s fault that you still feel tense?

This has nothing to do with what I’m complaining about. It’s no ones fault, I didn’t even once mention social slayer in the post, I was agreeing with the other guy that said this.

> 2533274851412396;7:
> > 2560081931056311;6:
> > > 2533274851412396;5:
> > > > 2560081931056311;4:
> > > > > 2533274851412396;3:
> > > > > > 2533275016942754;2:
> > > > > > I think a major reason for the maps changing was because of 343 trying to make the game really good for competitive play. Which it succeeded with, a bit too well, there’s almost no casual play because even in the social playlists I find it hard to relax.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > It is great for being competitive, and I agree, I can’t enjoy social playlists because of how competitive it is.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I’m not competitive at all, but I only play “socially”.
> > > >
> > > > Its all about your mindset, if you want to play a relaxed game, just be relaxed. There doesn’t need to be a playlist for you to play socially. (I think there should be a playlist, but that’s not the point)
> > >
> > >
> > > Social was considered an unranked playlist, so you wouldn’t derank upon losing, which makes it less tense, however it doesn’t make it any less tense in Halo 5 for me, lol.
> >
> >
> > Then the problem is on you, isn’t it?
> >
> > There is no rank in social, so why is it anyone else’s fault that you still feel tense?
>
>
> This has nothing to do with what I’m complaining about. It’s no ones fault, I didn’t even once mention social slayer in the post, I was agreeing with the other guy that said this.

Right right sorry. I’m getting my threads mixed up.

To be on topic, yea the maps really bother me too.

The Breakout maps, Plaza, they redid the colouring on Deadlock, Overgrowth has some variety, Rig has more colour than it probably should… (I can’t think of everything of the top of my head).

Spartan customization is “Restricted” based on the fact that we have Warzone. Too many models means the game would crash. They sacrificed a ton of stuff, graphically, in Warzone so the game would even run. Sure, you could have Halo 4’s customization, but once at least, four(?) players are wearing non-matching anything, the game would crash.

> 2533274851412396;1:
> It’s like we got a teaspoon of potatoes but 10 gallons of gravy put on top of it.

Nice analogy. There is some serious truth in that statement.

> 2533274845218535;9:
> The Breakout maps, Plaza, they redid the colouring on Deadlock, Overgrowth has some variety, Rig has more colour than it probably should… (I can’t think of everything of the top of my head).
>
> Spartan customization is “Restricted” based on the fact that we have Warzone. Too many models means the game would crash. They sacrificed a ton of stuff, graphically, in Warzone so the game would even run. Sure, you could have Halo 4’s customization, but once at least, four(?) players are wearing non-matching anything, the game would crash.

The breakout maps are far from unique, they are all basically forged in parts, overgrowth is a remix, it’s not that fun playing remix’s.