What I don't like about Halo 4....

Note I do not think Halo 4 is garbage. Merely a diamond covered in dirt. Also… this a ramble post as it is 2:00 AM… :confused:

Machinima:

Some of you can relate to this, some of you can’t… however the fact of the matter is, is that Halo 4 has taken a step backwards for the Machinima Community. I could really go on and on, but considering I am limited with characters I’ll leave you with this.

Forge:

Once again I have limited characters I’m saving for later. However my friend’s video can pretty much sum it up.

Campaign:

One of the best Halo campaigns and very awesome in story IF YOU READ THE BOOKS. Fortunately I did, but an abundance of my friends did not. I can’t tell you the amount of things I had to explain to them because they weren’t explained in the terminals/campaign itself. If you haven’t read the books it was a confusing and ‘meh’ experience.

Multiplayer:

Oh this will be fun. Like the others I jumped in filled with hype thinking how amazing this game was… when really, it stinks.

Loadouts…I was iffy when Reach introduced them but I was okay with it because everyone was given the same loadouts, keeping it fairly balanced. Now we can customize? I’m not going to say this is ‘CoD’ because it isn’t. It is every other big online first person shooter. Which is fine, except for the hidious imbalance issues.

• Boltshot: I believe this has been addressed enough, it’s a mini-shotgun and thank god for the patch in the upcoming TU.

• PP/Stickies: This completely ruins vehicle gameplay with being able to spawn with these. They should be power-weapons.

That’s really it for loadouts, they are fairly balanced for the most part.

Ordinance… god, the kill streaks for Halo. I’m sorry but no. It would be okay if it was set to certain weapons you get each time, every time. However, this randomness makes for unfair and unbalanced gameplay. Randomness=/= competitive.
Ordnance shouldn’t even belong in Halo in my eyes.

Maps…ughh, maps should NOT be based around sprint. Instead, around basic movement speed. Sprint is supposed to be a speed boots to help you get to your target faster, not the main usage of travel. Gameplay overall on the maps are terrible. The only descent one in Halo 4 made by 343i is Haven… which is ‘meh’ compared to something like Guardian. My favorite map is Ragnarok, which is basically designed by Bungie and is ruined by the Mantis (customs with no Mantis is a blast).

Halo 4 needs a good shiny polish and the addition of classic playlists. And for god sake… don’t remove the DLC playlist like in Reach. I don’t care how low the population is, if I paid $20 worth of DLC I should be able to play it in Matchmaking whenever I want.

-Agree loadouts are fine and have been getting better but I feel it needs to be a bit more refined and balanced.
Ex: like you said remove pp/stickies for that reason.
-Ordinance: Personal ordinance could have a place if the rewards were minor like a ammo refill for your loadout weapon[b/] while power weapons are unaffected. If you get what I’m trying to say.

ignore please

> randomness makes for unfair and unbalanced gameplay. Randomness=/= competitive.
> Ordnance shouldn’t even belong in Halo in my eyes.

Randomeness =/= competitive???

competitive or competitiveness has nothing to do with the game, its balance, or how much strategy is involved. It has everything to do with the players and how much they are putting into the match.

Look up the definition you are totally miss using the word.

This is one of the biggest mistakes people make with video games. They use balance and randomness as a reason to not like a game. IF the player loses they just blame it on randomness or balance.

I do think we need balance and less randomness, but look at EVERY other COMPETITIVE game or sport. Halo is MUCH better balanced, and structured.

competitive sports

baseball - big city teams have more money, meaning more money to spend on better players
basketball - refs have blown calls which have decided finals GAMES, not a blown play but a blown game.
Football - NFL refuses to add more instant replay, and had replacment refs for part of the season, which created a TON of randomness. they could get rid of alot of randomness but they wont.

Competitive Video games

Starcraft 2 - 3 Totally different races, if you know this game, you know its impossible to balance.

League of legends - The teams take turns picking heroes which cant be mirrored, meaning the game always has unbalanced teams since you cant pick the same heroes as your opponnent.

People need to get over this nonsense, and realize its not a big issue. Each one of those sports and video games is more random and unbalanced than halo.

Coming from a pro machinima maker…Halo 4 is really fun to make machinimas with, but it is hard.

Have people started mistaking Waypoint for their own personal blog now?

> > randomness makes for unfair and unbalanced gameplay. Randomness=/= competitive.
> > Ordnance shouldn’t even belong in Halo in my eyes.
>
> Randomeness =/= competitive???
>
> competitive or competitiveness has nothing to do with the game, its balance, or how much strategy is involved. It has everything to do with the players and how much they are putting into the match.
>
> No it doesn’t. If my random ordinance is a Saw right before you come around the corner there’s really nothing you could have done to stop me from tearing you to shreds, short of being lucky enough to have Hardlight Shield equipped.
>
> Look up the definition you are totally miss using the word.
>
> This is one of the biggest mistakes people make with video games. They use balance and randomness as a reason to not like a game. IF the player loses they just blame it on randomness or balance.
>
> I have never ever heard of someone blaming balance for the reason they lost. Ever. I watch competitive gaming on a constant basis, and never has anyone ever blamed balance. Nor have I or anyone I have ever played with blamed balance. Randomness, on the other hand, is something to be blamed. If the game is random, it means you have no actual control of what is happening. Random gameplay isn’t balanced gameplay. You seem to be very confused.
>
> I do think we need balance and less randomness, but look at EVERY other COMPETITIVE game or sport. Halo is MUCH better balanced, and structured.
>
>
> competitive sports
>
> baseball - big city teams have more money, meaning more money to spend on better players But on the field the game isn’t random and is balanced. Unfair teams isn’t unbalanced. Having it to where players randomly get speed boosts or randomly gain instant homerun powers because they have X amount of players on base would be.
> basketball - refs have blown calls which have decided finals GAMES, not a blown play but a blown game. It’s recognized as a problem and the NBA is actually taking steps to make sure less and less of that happens. You’re arguing against yourself here.
> Football - NFL refuses to add more instant replay, and had replacment refs for part of the season, which created a TON of randomness. they could get rid of alot of randomness but they wont. The NFL has a ton of instant replay. There is seriously no need for more. You obviously don’t watch much football, as this season with the replacement refs was the only one in their history where they’ve done that, and this “randomness” caused them to immediately agree to bring the regular refs back. Once again, arguing against yourself.
>
> Competitive Video games
>
> Starcraft 2 - 3 Totally different races, if you know this game, you know its impossible to balance. And yet, it IS balanced. It’s actually one of the most balanced games I’ve ever seen. You don’t see complete dominance from any race.
> League of legends - The teams take turns picking heroes which cant be mirrored, meaning the game always has unbalanced teams since you cant pick the same heroes as your opponnent. Yes you can. People choose the same heroes on both sides all the time. If you mean exclusively competitive, you do realize there are countless champions, right? So you can’t pick Master Yi (Because you’re a a scrub lol) because (The other scrub) someone on the other team picked him? Well there are plenty of other champs just as useful.
> People need to get over this nonsense, and realize its not a big issue. Each one of those sports and video games is more random and unbalanced than halo.
[/quote]
You talk down on him like you have anny idea of what the hell it is you’re talking about. From reading your post, you clearly have not even the slightest idea of what balance is. Balance isn’t gameplay for both sides being exactly the same. Balance is it being FAIR for both sides. Think of it this way- an archer has low HP, but attacks from Range. A warrior has high HP, but can only attack from close up. A mage has medium HP, but can attack from range and close up. There may be three of them, but they are still balanced, and don’t try to say that’s not what you’re saying, as you literally said 3 races means balance isn’t possible. There is no randomness involved should they fight, nor are any at a very distinct advantage. With Halo, there IS randomness, and that randomness puts some of them at a VERY distinct advantage.

> That is not balance, it’s broken gameplay. Instead of telling people to look something up why don’t you figure out what it means first?

> > > randomness makes for unfair and unbalanced gameplay. Randomness=/= competitive.
> > > Ordnance shouldn’t even belong in Halo in my eyes.
> >
> > Randomeness =/= competitive???
> >
> > competitive or competitiveness has nothing to do with the game, its balance, or how much strategy is involved. It has everything to do with the players and how much they are putting into the match.
> >
> > No it doesn’t. If my random ordinance is a Saw right before you come around the corner there’s really nothing you could have done to stop me from tearing you to shreds, short of being lucky enough to have Hardlight Shield equipped.
> >
> > Look up the definition you are totally miss using the word.
> >
> > This is one of the biggest mistakes people make with video games. They use balance and randomness as a reason to not like a game. IF the player loses they just blame it on randomness or balance.
> >
> > I have never ever heard of someone blaming balance for the reason they lost. Ever. I watch competitive gaming on a constant basis, and never has anyone ever blamed balance. Nor have I or anyone I have ever played with blamed balance. Randomness, on the other hand, is something to be blamed. If the game is random, it means you have no actual control of what is happening. Random gameplay isn’t balanced gameplay. You seem to be very confused.
> >
> > I do think we need balance and less randomness, but look at EVERY other COMPETITIVE game or sport. Halo is MUCH better balanced, and structured.
> >
> >
> > competitive sports
> >
> > baseball - big city teams have more money, meaning more money to spend on better players But on the field the game isn’t random and is balanced. Unfair teams isn’t unbalanced. Having it to where players randomly get speed boosts or randomly gain instant homerun powers because they have X amount of players on base would be.
> > basketball - refs have blown calls which have decided finals GAMES, not a blown play but a blown game. It’s recognized as a problem and the NBA is actually taking steps to make sure less and less of that happens. You’re arguing against yourself here.
> > Football - NFL refuses to add more instant replay, and had replacment refs for part of the season, which created a TON of randomness. they could get rid of alot of randomness but they wont. The NFL has a ton of instant replay. There is seriously no need for more. You obviously don’t watch much football, as this season with the replacement refs was the only one in their history where they’ve done that, and this “randomness” caused them to immediately agree to bring the regular refs back. Once again, arguing against yourself.
> >
> > Competitive Video games
> >
> > Starcraft 2 - 3 Totally different races, if you know this game, you know its impossible to balance. And yet, it IS balanced. It’s actually one of the most balanced games I’ve ever seen. You don’t see complete dominance from any race.
> > League of legends - The teams take turns picking heroes which cant be mirrored, meaning the game always has unbalanced teams since you cant pick the same heroes as your opponnent. Yes you can. People choose the same heroes on both sides all the time. If you mean exclusively competitive, you do realize there are countless champions, right? So you can’t pick Master Yi (Because you’re a a scrub lol) because (The other scrub) someone on the other team picked him? Well there are plenty of other champs just as useful.
> > People need to get over this nonsense, and realize its not a big issue. Each one of those sports and video games is more random and unbalanced than halo.
[/quote]
You talk down on him like you have anny idea of what the hell it is you’re talking about. From reading your post, you clearly have not even the slightest idea of what balance is. Balance isn’t gameplay for both sides being exactly the same. Balance is it being FAIR for both sides. Think of it this way- an archer has low HP, but attacks from Range. A warrior has high HP, but can only attack from close up. A mage has medium HP, but can attack from range and close up. There may be three of them, but they are still balanced, and don’t try to say that’s not what you’re saying, as you literally said 3 races means balance isn’t possible. There is no randomness involved should they fight, nor are any at a very distinct advantage. With Halo, there IS randomness, and that randomness puts some of them at a VERY distinct advantage.

> > That is not balance, it’s broken gameplay. Instead of telling people to look something up why don’t you figure out what it means first?
> > **
[/quote]
Balance is subjective… we can go around and around in circles but its impossible to actually put a game on a scale and judge if its balanced.**
> > The word competetive is not up for debate. I told him to look something up cause hes using a word completely wrong. there is no opinion about that its a fact.
> > You can try and pick my examples appart but you can never make a case that competitive sports is as balanced and less random than halo.
> > REFS, and teams spending 10 times the amount, as other teams on players is nothing compared to small halo issues.
> > I have played halo since the day it came out and got live the day it came out. I have NEVER played a game of halo with no cheaters( Barely experience cheaters) that comes close to the BS involved with a badly reffed game.
> > Starcraft 2 is a very balanced game, but to say its not dominated by 1 race at some points is absurd. Usually that race will do better untill the players figure those strategies out. Far less complaining, and more competing is done in starcraft and thats all I ask for in halo.
> > I guess im oldschoool. I come from playing PC fps like quake where balance wasnt a word used in online multi. There was no balance unless u played LAN. Regular online multi involved alot of people like me using a 28.8 k modem vrs a T1 connection. IF u dont know what that means, basically I would have a 500 ping vrs a 100 ping. MY guns shot 3 seconds after clicking the mouse, the enemies immediately. I guess everyone got spoiled by xbox live.