what I detest the most about halo4's core gameplay

Flinch. There have been countless times I have died because the reticle jumped to the side, even if I had the weapon advantage. I am so glad it is not in Halo 5. What do you guys think?

Edit: Title edited for clarity.

Most people seem to dislike Flinch and prefer De-Scope. I can’t say I care much for Flinch either.

Didn’t Reach have De-Scope though?

> 2533274850869596;2:
> Most people seem to dislike Flinch and prefer De-Scope. I can’t say I care much for Flinch either.
>
> Didn’t Reach have De-Scope though?

Yes. Reach had descope, Halo 4 had flinch.

Luckily, flinch is out, descope is back in!

> 2533274850869596;2:
> Most people seem to dislike Flinch and prefer De-Scope. I can’t say I care much for Flinch either.
>
> Didn’t Reach have De-Scope though?

Edit: My bad. Reach didn’t have flinch. It had descope.

> 2533275011491088;4:
> > 2533274850869596;2:
> > Most people seem to dislike Flinch and prefer De-Scope. I can’t say I care much for Flinch either.
> >
> > Didn’t Reach have De-Scope though?
>
>
> Halo Reach had both. It was just overkill. De-cope > flinch any day.

You mean descope and bloom perhaps?

> 2533274808578327;5:
> > 2533275011491088;4:
> > > 2533274850869596;2:
> > > Most people seem to dislike Flinch and prefer De-Scope. I can’t say I care much for Flinch either.
> > >
> > > Didn’t Reach have De-Scope though?
> >
> >
> > Halo Reach had both. It was just overkill. De-cope > flinch any day.
>
>
> You mean descope and bloom perhaps?

I must have gotten confused. Sorry.

I think flinch wasn’t in Reach and is a shining example of how Halo 4 is a bad Halo game.

> 2533275011491088;6:
> > 2533274808578327;5:
> > > 2533275011491088;4:
> > > > 2533274850869596;2:
> > > > Most people seem to dislike Flinch and prefer De-Scope. I can’t say I care much for Flinch either.
> > > >
> > > > Didn’t Reach have De-Scope though?
> > >
> > >
> > > Halo Reach had both. It was just overkill. De-cope > flinch any day.
> >
> >
> > You mean descope and bloom perhaps?
>
>
> I must have gotten confused. Sorry.

Just a logical deduction having played all the games. Personally bloom does feel just as bad as flinch.

> 2533274808578327;5:
> > 2533275011491088;4:
> > > 2533274850869596;2:
> > > Most people seem to dislike Flinch and prefer De-Scope. I can’t say I care much for Flinch either.
> > >
> > > Didn’t Reach have De-Scope though?
> >
> >
> > Halo Reach had both. It was just overkill. De-cope > flinch any day.
>
>
> You mean descope and bloom perhaps?

Yeah. It was bloom. Many people didn’t like it for the didn’t want to realistically control their shots like real soldiers

> 2533274808578327;8:
> > 2533275011491088;6:
> > > 2533274808578327;5:
> > > > 2533275011491088;4:
> > > > > 2533274850869596;2:
> > > > > Most people seem to dislike Flinch and prefer De-Scope. I can’t say I care much for Flinch either.
> > > > >
> > > > > Didn’t Reach have De-Scope though?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Halo Reach had both. It was just overkill. De-cope > flinch any day.
> > >
> > >
> > > You mean descope and bloom perhaps?
> >
> >
> > I must have gotten confused. Sorry.
>
>
> Just a logical deduction having played all the games. Personally bloom does feel just as bad as flinch.

Especially with the halo reach dmr, bad times. :frowning:

> 2533274803137071;9:
> > 2533274808578327;5:
> > > 2533275011491088;4:
> > > > 2533274850869596;2:
> > > > Most people seem to dislike Flinch and prefer De-Scope. I can’t say I care much for Flinch either.
> > > >
> > > > Didn’t Reach have De-Scope though?
> > >
> > >
> > > Halo Reach had both. It was just overkill. De-cope > flinch any day.
> >
> >
> > You mean descope and bloom perhaps?
>
>
> Yeah. It was bloom. Many people didn’t like it for the didn’t want to realistically control their shots like real soldiers

I don’t think realism had anything to do with it, it just introduced an element of luck to any kind of distanced firefight.

> 2533274808578327;11:
> > 2533274803137071;9:
> > > 2533274808578327;5:
> > > > 2533275011491088;4:
> > > > > 2533274850869596;2:
> > > > > Most people seem to dislike Flinch and prefer De-Scope. I can’t say I care much for Flinch either.
> > > > >
> > > > > Didn’t Reach have De-Scope though?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Halo Reach had both. It was just overkill. De-cope > flinch any day.
> > >
> > >
> > > You mean descope and bloom perhaps?
> >
> >
> > Yeah. It was bloom. Many people didn’t like it for the didn’t want to realistically control their shots like real soldiers
>
>
> I don’t think realism had anything to do with it, it just introduced an element of luck to any kind of distanced firefight.

To me all the combat of reach felt… off. Maybe it was the health system. I prefer the CE health system even though it is similar.

Flinch is antithetical to the fundamental core of FPS game play i.e. its disruptive to the basic process of pointing-and-shooting. Two thumbs down for flinch.

> 2610345319735860;13:
> Flinch is antithetical to the fundamental core of FPS game play i.e. its disruptive to the basic process of pointing-and-shooting. Two thumbs down for flinch.

This. +1

Flinch was bad, but my most hated thing in 4 that’s not returning for Halo 5 is Ordinance Drops and ESPECIALLY Perks. The #1 and #2 and #3 worst offenders all shared the name of ‘Survivor’ - yes, I dislike that perk so much that it takes up three spots. As if vehicular combat in BTB wasn’t painful enough…

Edit Since we’re talking mostly about H4 right now, and a bit of Reach on the side… Maybe this thread is in the wrong subforum?

> 2533274850869596;15:
> Flinch was bad, but my most hated thing in 4 that’s not returning for Halo 5 is Ordinance Drops and ESPECIALLY Perks. The #1 and #2 and #3 worst offenders all shared the name of ‘Survivor’ - yes, I dislike that perk so much that it takes up three spots. As if vehicular combat in BTB wasn’t painful enough…
>
> Edit Since we’re talking mostly about H4 right now, and a bit of Reach on the side… Maybe this thread is in the wrong subforum?

Yes they were bad, but they could be turned off for custom games. The core gameplay of halo 4 was good except for flinch.
PS: Maybe this thread should be moved.

> 2533275011491088;16:
> > 2533274850869596;15:
> > Flinch was bad, but my most hated thing in 4 that’s not returning for Halo 5 is Ordinance Drops and ESPECIALLY Perks. The #1 and #2 and #3 worst offenders all shared the name of ‘Survivor’ - yes, I dislike that perk so much that it takes up three spots. As if vehicular combat in BTB wasn’t painful enough…
> >
> > Edit Since we’re talking mostly about H4 right now, and a bit of Reach on the side… Maybe this thread is in the wrong subforum?
>
>
> Yes they were bad, but they could be turned off for custom games. The core gameplay of halo 4 was good except for flinch.
> PS: Maybe this thread should be moved.

What about load outs and ordnance? And pretty terrible maps?

> 2533274808578327;17:
> > 2533275011491088;16:
> > > 2533274850869596;15:
> > > Flinch was bad, but my most hated thing in 4 that’s not returning for Halo 5 is Ordinance Drops and ESPECIALLY Perks. The #1 and #2 and #3 worst offenders all shared the name of ‘Survivor’ - yes, I dislike that perk so much that it takes up three spots. As if vehicular combat in BTB wasn’t painful enough…
> > >
> > > Edit Since we’re talking mostly about H4 right now, and a bit of Reach on the side… Maybe this thread is in the wrong subforum?
> >
> >
> > Yes they were bad, but they could be turned off for custom games. The core gameplay of halo 4 was good except for flinch.
> > PS: Maybe this thread should be moved.
>
>
> What about load outs and ordnance? And pretty terrible maps?

They can be turned off for custom games. I liked some of the dlc maps.

> 2533275011491088;18:
> > 2533274808578327;17:
> > > 2533275011491088;16:
> > > > 2533274850869596;15:
> > > > Flinch was bad, but my most hated thing in 4 that’s not returning for Halo 5 is Ordinance Drops and ESPECIALLY Perks. The #1 and #2 and #3 worst offenders all shared the name of ‘Survivor’ - yes, I dislike that perk so much that it takes up three spots. As if vehicular combat in BTB wasn’t painful enough…
> > > >
> > > > Edit Since we’re talking mostly about H4 right now, and a bit of Reach on the side… Maybe this thread is in the wrong subforum?
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes they were bad, but they could be turned off for custom games. The core gameplay of halo 4 was good except for flinch.
> > > PS: Maybe this thread should be moved.
> >
> >
> > What about load outs and ordnance? And pretty terrible maps?
>
>
> They can be turned off for custom games. I liked some of the dlc maps.

Customs can only go so far if there isn’t any browser to find them easily, which means matchmaking holds more weight.

> 2533274808578327;17:
> > 2533275011491088;16:
> > > 2533274850869596;15:
> > > Flinch was bad, but my most hated thing in 4 that’s not returning for Halo 5 is Ordinance Drops and ESPECIALLY Perks. The #1 and #2 and #3 worst offenders all shared the name of ‘Survivor’ - yes, I dislike that perk so much that it takes up three spots. As if vehicular combat in BTB wasn’t painful enough…
> > > Edit Since we’re talking mostly about H4 right now, and a bit of Reach on the side… Maybe this thread is in the wrong subforum?
> >
> >
> > Yes they were bad, but they could be turned off for custom games. The core gameplay of halo 4 was good except for flinch.
> > PS: Maybe this thread should be moved.
>
>
> What about load outs and ordnance? And pretty terrible maps?

Loadouts were tolerable for me except for Plasma Pistols/Boltshots (Latter in Team Slayer, former in Big Team), tolerable but eh that’s just me - one of many many people :stuck_out_tongue:
The perks on the other hand, not so much. That is, if you consider them a ‘part of’ the Loadout system.

Terrible’s subjective, but one I came to somewhat hate was Exile (Playing on that 17 ~ 30 times in a row loses its thrill after a while, and when many people don’t have the DLC… Yeah.) I loved Perdition and Daybreak quite a bit, Wreckage was pretty cool to play on as well. Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I kind of like Haven as well.