What he meant by invisible rank

I saw part of the video, but not the whole thing since I couldn’t get access. But it seems odd they’d say it’s invisible, and leave it at that. That’s like saying there’s a ranked playlist, but it’s just a duplicate of its counterparts, so am I missing something? Is it possible he was just referring to what’s already been established? That the progressive system has a trueskill, behind the scenes, ranking system?

I’m sorry to make another thread about this, but I think it’s necessary, what with all the activity centering around the topic.

ya its basically reach all over again… enjoy!!!

EVERYBODY WINS!!!

Reach technically has a ranked playlist though. Is there a confirmed arena here too? I think I’d be okay with that, since all I need is something to use to compare myself with the community.

no rank! clap clap clap clap no rank! cla,cl,cl,cl,clap clap!

This alone makes me not really even want to waste my money on H4. Reach was so bad because there was no competitiveness and now we just get a -Yoinking!- repeat.

> This alone makes me not really even want to waste my money on H4. Reach was so bad because there was no competitiveness and now we just get a -Yoinking!- repeat.

i cancelled by pre-order, im just going to rent it for the campaign and buy black ops with that money. At least they listen to their community. Their fans asked for ranks, clans, and gamebattles integration. and they got all three. what do we get?? unlockable armor…

Most of competiviness stems from ballanced gameplay so to say there isn’t any is an exageration. Nevertheless, it’d probably be better with a visible system in place in my opinion.

No arena.

> No arena.

Is that what he said… or are you just being cynical?

> > No arena.
>
> Is that what he said… or are you just being cynical?

I don’t know myself, but if he is just being cynical, he has a good reason… no… a great reason.

Invisible means it is still there. You will still be put with people on your own skill group. Do you really need to have a number next to your name? Grow up.

> Invisible means it is still there. You will still be put with people on your own skill group. Do you really need to have a number next to your name? Grow up.

No, but I will need a tightly rule driven playlist with no JIP, guests or other un competitive things in them and party vs party matching.

Chances of those being in there with an invisible rank system are low.

> Invisible means it is still there. You will still be put with people on your own skill group. Do you really need to have a number next to your name? Grow up.

FFS, you really don’t listen, do you?

The number provides a way of proving that it works. Otherwise, 343i is free to convince us that it is working, when in fact it may just be doing what Reach’s “ranking system” did: nothing.

> ya its basically reach all over again… enjoy!!!

Hopefully not reaches skill ranks system sucked, it seemed like the paired you near your credit rank and not skill. Hopefully halo 4 has a better skill rank system like halo 3 so you can actually get competitive matches. Seeing the number should not be the issue nor is it the main element that makes the skill based competitive matches. It is the system and that is what should be the focus but it seems that so called competitive people only want a bragging number and could care less to wonder what changes they made in skilled based system. Honestly if a number is why you buy halo you are a casual.

> > Invisible means it is still there. You will still be put with people on your own skill group. Do you really need to have a number next to your name? Grow up.
>
> FFS, you really don’t listen, do you?
>
> The number provides a way of proving that it works. Otherwise, 343i is free to convince us that it is working, when in fact it may just be doing what Reach’s “ranking system” did: nothing.

You should not have to need visual proof to make sure that a rank system is working, it is all in the matches you play. Now if the match start feeling like halo 3 matches that are currently going on or near reach then there is something wrong. But if we can get matches to feel like halo 3s earlier time frame we should be good. And if you need the urge to want to check something, then just check your stats on waypoint.

You need to stop generalizing. I’ve been on for the past few days, and people like you (or possibly just you) are worse than the guys who are complaining.

This is so sad, 343. So sad. Now we get all social playlists…awesome. Going to get boring real quick gathering credits, win or lose. I don’t give a crap about customizing my spartan. Give me a BR, a rank, and a stock spartan and I’m good. None of these 300,000 armor abilities and types. Screw that.

The invisible ranking should be kind of like Arena ranking in Reach without being about to view the predicted ladder number you are at. 343i would have refined and tweaked a ranking system to attempt to capture a record of how skillful someone is at a point in time. If it works well and does its job, you’ll be playing people with any SR rank that are skill matched to you.

> The invisible ranking should be kind of like Arena ranking in Reach without being about to view the predicted ladder number you are at. 343i would have refined and tweaked a ranking system to attempt to capture a record of how skillful someone is at a point in time. If it works well and does its job, you’ll be playing people with any SR rank that are skill matched to you.

sorry… what? I can’t tell if you mean an invisible rank, because that’d kind of defeat the purpose of having an ‘arena’.