What has happened to Halo?

Being an original halo fan, i can not stand what has happened to halo in the new “reach”. What happened to the good old days when being a good player didnt have anything to do with finding the best camping spot? What happened to adjusting for your own recoil instead of “pacing your shots”? Why, in every map, do you run the risk of being killed within 4 seconds of spawning? And who decided that armor abilities would be a good idea?

These are only a select few issues i am capable of naming.

Please, if you have played halo from the start, let me know if i am the only one experiencing this. Or, if you dissagree, let me know why.

> Being an original halo fan, i can not stand what has happened to halo in the new “reach”. What happened to the good old days when being a good player didnt have anything to do with finding the best camping spot? What happened to adjusting for your own recoil instead of “pacing your shots”? Why, in every map, do you run the risk of being killed within 4 seconds of spawning? And who decided that armor abilities would be a good idea?
>
> These are only a select few issues i am capable of naming.
>
> Please, if you have played halo from the start, let me know if i am the only one experiencing this. Or, if you dissagree, let me know why.

try getting skill and stop complaining that you arent good at the game

ok. i was trying to be polite. this game sucks huge. armor abilities were the pathetic attempt to copy COD and make more money (fail). reach was(is) still overshadowed by COD black ops even though that game was a dissapointment among the COD community. there is no skill involved when the game controls the accuracy of your weapon. play the original halo little kid, then bring your argument to the big boy table

> ok. i was trying to be polite. this game sucks huge. armor abilities were the pathetic attempt to copy COD and make more money (fail). reach was(is) still overshadowed by COD black ops even though that game was a dissapointment among the COD community. there is no skill involved when the game controls the accuracy of your weapon. play the original halo little kid, then bring your argument to the big boy table

ok…just express what u think about reach and i agree it tryed to rip off CoD and AA’s are terrible except for sprint.oh and i am not a little kid i am 23 so dont call me a kid

kid. you act like a kid. so i’ll you kid. when i ask for an opinion on the game im not looking for you to tell me to “quit complaining”. give me an opinion. with basis. or I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking…

Discussions like this are fine. However, insulting your fellow forum goers is not. Consider this a blanket warning.

There really is not need to go point for point, but I disagree with nearly everything you feel.

Does it matter that Doom was brand new when I was 13. Does it matter that I was 14 (ya x7) when Marathon was first released?

I’ll admit, probably not. But I try not to cling to the old ways. I learned they’re the old ways for a reason. Whatever that means.

Darn you, BS Angel, you beat me to the punch!

> Developer studios nowadays don’t exactly “rip off” other franchises. They borrow and adapt concepts and mold them to fit their game. It’s how the industry works. Yes, a few of them have original ideas, but half the time they are borrowed and adapted from other studios, or they are retained as unique to that franchise. The former is more likely.

> With a franchise like Halo, the core gameplay of it remains throughout the series, but it can’t stay exactly the same as the previous title, otherwise it will get stagnant and repetitive. It has to be changed, even if it’s just a little, otherwise the franchise will burn out and die.

sorry i hurt your feelings all. im new at this forum thing

> There really is not need to go point for point, but I disagree with nearly everything you feel.
>
> Does it matter that Doom was brand new when I was 13. Does it matter that I was 14 (ya x7) when Marathon was first released?
>
> I’ll admit, probably not. But I try not to cling to the old ways. I learned they’re the old ways for a reason. Whatever that means.

i think i get what you are saying…

but i speak for many of my long time gaming buddies when i say that the next best halo game to show up should be the original halo

I think actually we get the best of both worlds with Reach. You can play matches with or without AA. This will be even more true when the Classic playlist comes out. I will be sad if they get rid of AA. I myself use sprint 99% of the time but it’s a fun factor to shoot guys outta the air or assassinate a guy using camo.

i also like sprint but armor lock has to go

> i also like sprint but armor lock has to go

sprint is an interesting addition. spartans seem to move slow whithout sprint. but before sprint nobody ever noticed the difference. your are supposed to be a super human. i am sure they are running 100% everytime the move. but yessir, armor lock is so annoying

> > i also like sprint but armor lock has to go
>
> sprint is an interesting addition. spartans seem to move slow whithout sprint. but before sprint nobody ever noticed the difference. your are supposed to be a super human. i am sure they are running 100% everytime the move. but yessir, armor lock is so annoying

they need to make a armor lock only gamtype or something

p.s. dont flame me again

whaqt the hell does flame mean

> Darn you, BS Angel, you beat me to the punch!
>
> > Developer studios nowadays don’t exactly “rip off” other franchises. They borrow and adapt concepts and mold them to fit their game. It’s how the industry works. Yes, a few of them have original ideas, but half the time they are borrowed and adapted from other studios, or they are retained as unique to that franchise. The former is more likely.
>
> > With a franchise like Halo, the core gameplay of it remains throughout the series, but it can’t stay exactly the same as the previous title, otherwise it will get stagnant and repetitive. It has to be changed, even if it’s just a little, otherwise the franchise will burn out and die.

armor abilities were torn from the COD games. it was obvious since they first announced load-outs

and is it better to die a legend or live mediocre

> whaqt the hell does flame mean

Flame means insulting in l33t sp34k (internet language)

hahaha. thanks.

i would say that id “flame” you anytime i want, but it sounds super fruity

i will isult you any time i please

Halo is a flagship title game. As such it cant rest on what it has been in the past. It needs to evolve so it can remain the title that so many try and copy. Look over the years at other games that have tried to “be” Halo and failed. Being that Halo is a flagship title for the 360 they needed to make changes so it becomes a game that appeals to a wider audience. The biggest flaw with Reach is they tried to change too much at once. Being as it is Halo, 343 will learn and pace new changes instead of dropping them all at once.

> hahaha. thanks.
>
> i would say that id “flame” you anytime i want, but it sounds super fruity
>
> i will isult you any time i please

whatever troll you posted this topic to troll the forums

> > i also like sprint but armor lock has to go
>
> sprint is an interesting addition. spartans seem to move slow whithout sprint. but before sprint nobody ever noticed the difference. your are supposed to be a super human. i am sure they are running 100% everytime the move. but yessir, armor lock is so annoying

Scale speed has the Spartans “walking” faster than a normal jog (which is as fast as Call of Duty sprints). It is that Halo levels are rendered with such size that things “feel” regular sized. Normal movement is 15mph. Sprinting speed is about 22.5mph.

Average jogging speed for people right now is 10mph.