What Happens to Those who Didn't get Codes?

Are we just SOL, waiting for specializations to come out for everyone? Is it possible the support thread was locked to address the large volume of complaints?

Any kind of insight into these issues would be wonderful, either from the mods or from 343i directly.

they seem to lock mostly any specialization threads like this, i honestly dont know, i think its silly and they have mucked it up big time for halo 4 community wise, the thing that makes the game so popular is the fans, yet they kill that connection

> they seem to lock mostly any specialization threads like this, i honestly dont know, i think its silly and they have mucked it up big time for halo 4 community wise, the thing that makes the game so popular is the fans, yet they kill that connection

Idk. I just want honest answers.

Heres your answer unfortunately: deal with it you wont get a code if you haven’t already I was messaged by an admin about starting a thread on the topic the other day, apparently they think they can shut us up and screw us over by deleting our threads.

File a complaint with the BBB. I did, one day later I got my code. They have left us no other choice.

> Heres your answer unfortunately: deal with it you wont get a code if you haven’t already I was messaged by an admin about starting a thread on the topic the other day, apparently they think they can shut us up and screw us over by deleting our threads.

Still don’t understand why they don’t just say it

> > Heres your answer unfortunately: deal with it you wont get a code if you haven’t already I was messaged by an admin about starting a thread on the topic the other day, apparently they think they can shut us up and screw us over by deleting our threads.
>
> Still don’t understand why they don’t just say it

Or why they just don’t unlock the specializations for everybody already.

I was in the same boat you were for 3 weeks and finally someone was nice enough to give me a spare. I would say that may be your best choice at this point because it certainly doesn’t seem like it is a major priority for them right now.

> File a complaint with the BBB. I did, one day later I got my code. They have left us no other choice.

Can you prove that it was causation and not correlation?

> > File a complaint with the BBB. I did, one day later I got my code. They have left us no other choice.
>
> Can you prove that it was causation and not correlation?

That is indeed interesting… Has anyone else done this or can confirm?

The codes were for early access. Key word here is early. In other words they will be unlocked for everyone at some point in time. I’m guessing in early 2013 when the other updates start rolling out.

> The codes were for early access. Key word here is early. In other words they will be unlocked for everyone at some point in time. I’m guessing in early 2013 when the other updates start rolling out.

While this is true, most people who played early enough are already hitting the game’s level cap of 70 and can no longer level up. The code allows those users to pick from some good specializations and continue to rank up.

> > > Heres your answer unfortunately: deal with it you wont get a code if you haven’t already I was messaged by an admin about starting a thread on the topic the other day, apparently they think they can shut us up and screw us over by deleting our threads.
> >
> > Still don’t understand why they don’t just say it
>
> Or why they just don’t unlock the specializations for everybody already.

Are you kidding me. Do you know how hard LE buyers would cry about it?

> > > File a complaint with the BBB. I did, one day later I got my code. They have left us no other choice.
> >
> > Can you prove that it was causation and not correlation?
>
> That is indeed interesting… Has anyone else done this or can confirm?

I did yesterday. still no code. I got banned from the forums for a day for reposting threads though so they may just hate me :slight_smile:

Yes. You have to wait. Sorry, but that’s it. The sent them out twice, at this point there’s nothing 343 or MS can do to get the codes to you save unlocking them for everyone, which will happen eventually.

> > The codes were for early access. Key word here is early. In other words they will be unlocked for everyone at some point in time. I’m guessing in early 2013 when the other updates start rolling out.
>
> While this is true, most people who played early enough are already hitting the game’s level cap of 70 and can no longer level up. The code allows those users to pick from some good specializations and continue to rank up.

I know what it’s for. Just started on my Rouge. Just pointing out that if you don’t have one then you’re gonna have to wait. Yes, it sucks and I would be rather annoyed if it happened to me. Searching eBay for a code may be the only way to avoid waiting.

> Then you should understand why so many people are complaining. They were promised something they never received. Naturally this will cause backlash, especially when it happens on this grand of a scale.

Specialization codes have been distributed. For more information on the distribution process, check this post

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2019737_The-Official-Specializations-Email-Thread.aspx#post2019737