What happened to voice chat?

What happened to the good ol’ days of making friends and getting into verbal arguments with people on halo? Those moments are what taught me to be tough and not to take offense to what people say… now with the release of MCC pc i rarely ever find anyone that uses voice chat… What was once, in my opinion, the greatest part of halo is basically non existent. I’m not sure if it is due to voice chat connectivity problems on MCC pc or just people not caring enough to talk to new people. Moral of the story can we bring back the glory days of voice chat? please :frowning: Please let me know how you guys feel about this, i’m very curious.

I believe it was the Party Chat function that killed in-game voice chat.

> 2533274809226598;2:
> I believe it was the Party Chat function that killed in-game voice chat.

Makes it a lot less likely to get yelled at by an aggressive 8 year old

> 2533274809226598;2:
> I believe it was the Party Chat function that killed in-game voice chat.

i hoped that with the release of mcc and the classic titles on pc that it would make people want to voice chat in halo just like the good ol times.

> 2535458343546382;3:
> > 2533274809226598;2:
> > I believe it was the Party Chat function that killed in-game voice chat.
>
> Makes it a lot less likely to get yelled at by an aggressive 8 year old

those 8 year olds were the funniest people at times. NOT ALL THE TIME, but some times haha.

> 2535458343546382;3:
> > 2533274809226598;2:
>
> Makes it a lot less likely to get yelled at by an aggressive 8 year old

That is very true :sweat_smile: Some of them need to take it down a notch.

> 2533274814486209;4:
> > 2533274809226598;2:
>
> i hoped that with the release of mcc and the classic titles on pc that it would make people want to voice chat in halo just like the good ol times.

I was on Halo: Reach multiplayer earlier this year and I was on my mic trying to engage people in conversation. I know they could hear me but sadly none of them ever spoke back. Even sent messages barely get a reply these days.

I think it was the map construct on Halo 3 when someone said open purple. I asked which one is open and got berated so I unplugged my headset and that is one of the reasons I stick to party chat.

> 2533274809226598;6:
> > 2535458343546382;3:
> > > 2533274809226598;2:
> > > I believe it was the Party Chat function that killed in-game voice chat.
> >
> > Makes it a lot less likely to get yelled at by an aggressive 8 year old
>
> That is very true :sweat_smile: Some of them need to take it down a notch.
>
>
> > 2533274814486209;4:
> > > 2533274809226598;2:
> > > I believe it was the Party Chat function that killed in-game voice chat.
> >
> > i hoped that with the release of mcc and the classic titles on pc that it would make people want to voice chat in halo just like the good ol times.
>
> I was on Halo: Reach multiplayer earlier this year and I was on my mic trying to engage people in conversation. I know they could hear me but sadly none of them ever spoke back. Even sent messages barely get a reply these days.

people are becoming so antisocial these days and it ruins gaming… to me gaming is the social interaction.at least thats what keeps me coming back to a game .

There were too many kids yelling and playing music all the time…

> 2535448225804816;9:
> There were too many kids yelling and playing music all the time…

you dont ever look back and miss those days?

> 2533274814486209;10:
> > 2535448225804816;9:
> > There were too many kids yelling and playing music all the time…
>
> you dont ever look back and miss those days?

It would be more correct to say that I miss my childhood, then there was always a sense of magic of some kind, especially when I came home after school, I went to halo and discovered something new, well, I played multiplayer with friends :3 I remember wanted to become an ESPORTSMENNAMI on the PC on halo hah it was fun of course)

> 2535448225804816;11:
> > 2533274814486209;10:
> > > 2535448225804816;9:
> > > There were too many kids yelling and playing music all the time…
> >
> > you dont ever look back and miss those days?
>
> It would be more correct to say that I miss my childhood, then there was always a sense of magic of some kind, especially when I came home after school, I went to halo and discovered something new, well, I played multiplayer with friends :3 I remember wanted to become an ESPORTSMENNAMI on the PC on halo hah it was fun of course)

maybe thats what it is… im missing my childhood halo experience. coming home from lunch , eating a corndog , and playing a few matches of halo 3 before i had to go back to school (i lived right across the street so it was possible to do that)

> 2533274814486209;10:
> > 2535448225804816;9:
> > There were too many kids yelling and playing music all the time…
>
> you dont ever look back and miss those days?

Honestly, for me I’d say no. I find people with poor mic etiquette so damn infuriating, one of my current friends watches tv while playing and I yank my hair everytime I hear it.

Though admittedly in recent weeks I’ve gone and looked up some old MW2 lobbies, now those were a fun, crazy, and rage inducing time.

Joined a clan for this reason. Gaming is a social activity and it just kinda sucks the life out of it when you can’t hear anyone else playing with you. It’s like I’m playing against bots these days. Like once a month will I run into another person who uses their mic.
Party chat may have helped usher out the end of game chat, but I think it’s the population that we’re dealing with that makes people not want to use a mic. PC players are used to such negative toxicity to the point where it’s not worth using a mic anymore and people just muted others in game chat. The people that grew up with Halo are now 30 some years old and don’t have time to argue with teenagers anymore. It’s an annoyance rather than a funny moment these days when you have some 12-year old screaming about how you’re so bad at the game because you made some mistake or something.
Edit: And it’s also pretty hard these days to just invite people from a game you were just in. At least compared to 3-4 where you could just look at your recently played with list. On PC, you don’t have that luxury and you have to look at the carnage report instead and type in the username manually. No copy-paste.