What happened to unique game mode props/models?

Halo 5 has been adding in modes that we want, that’s a great thing. However why does it feel like they’re cutting corners with the actual assets for these modes? It kind of feels like the little details that make these modes stand out are all being overlooked, attention to detail would be awesome. As it is, the modes are feeling like afterthoughts, half-hearted as if something is missing.

• Assault just uses a generic “ball” for the bomb instead of an actual bomb model - Reach even had that one map that had a special Covenant bomb model. - Assault doesn’t even feature explosions when the “bomb” is detonated. - Assault doesn’t even call the bomb what it is, it still says ball… - Oddball doesn’t have the classic skull for the ball. - It doesn’t even have the Halo 4 Promethean skull ball. - Now Infection doesn’t get the unique player models we’ve grown to love. - Halo 4’s Flood model was cool and H2A’s infected model was even better.

> 2728966917079826;1:
> - Assault just uses a generic “ball” for the bomb instead of an actual bomb model The bomb was always a ball
> - Reach even had that one map that had a special Covenant bomb model.
> - Assault doesn’t even feature explosions when the “bomb” is detonated. This bothers me too
> - Assault doesn’t even call the bomb what it is, it still says ball…
> - Oddball doesn’t have the classic skull for the ball. This bothers me even more
> - It doesn’t even have the Halo 4 Promethean skull ball.
> - Now Infection doesn’t get the unique player models we’ve grown to love. Although unique models would be cool, t****he new infected do have a pestilence effect as well as a unique weapon.
> - Halo 4’s Flood model was cool and H2A’s infected model was even better.

The bomb may have always been a ball but it was a unique “ball” bomb that was exclusive to that mode, i guess my problem isn’t with the fact the bomb is ball-like, its that the bomb shares a model with a ton of generic balls. Its not a bomb, its just treated as a generic prop.

I do miss having our little skull buddy in my hands and bashing in someone else’s head in with it.

Wait…there is Odball in the game!!! Where???

> 2533274797091891;5:
> Wait…there is Odball in the game!!! Where???

Right now, it’s under custom games using the generic “ball” mode we were gifted with the Hammer Storm update.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

> 2728966917079826;1:
> Halo 5 has been adding in modes that we want, that’s a great thing. However why does it feel like they’re cutting corners with the actual assets for these modes? It kind of feels like the little details that make these modes stand out are all being overlooked, attention to detail would be awesome. As it is, the modes are feeling like afterthoughts, half-hearted as if something is missing.
>
>
>
> - Assault just uses a generic “ball” for the bomb instead of an actual bomb model
>
>
> - Reach even had that one map that had a special Covenant bomb model.
>
>
> - Assault doesn’t even feature explosions when the “bomb” is detonated.
>
>
> - Assault doesn’t even call the bomb what it is, it still says ball…
>
>
> - Oddball doesn’t have the classic skull for the ball.
>
>
> - It doesn’t even have the Halo 4 Promethean skull ball.
>
>
> - Now Infection doesn’t get the unique player models we’ve grown to hate.
>
>
> - Halo 4’s Flood model was cool and H2A’s infected model was even better.

fixt

> 2533274881491558;7:
> > 2728966917079826;1:
> > Halo 5 has been adding in modes that we want, that’s a great thing. However why does it feel like they’re cutting corners with the actual assets for these modes? It kind of feels like the little details that make these modes stand out are all being overlooked, attention to detail would be awesome. As it is, the modes are feeling like afterthoughts, half-hearted as if something is missing.
> >
> >
> >
> > - Assault just uses a generic “ball” for the bomb instead of an actual bomb model
> > - Reach even had that one map that had a special Covenant bomb model.
> > - Assault doesn’t even feature explosions when the “bomb” is detonated.
> > - Assault doesn’t even call the bomb what it is, it still says ball…
> > - Oddball doesn’t have the classic skull for the ball.
> > - It doesn’t even have the Halo 4 Promethean skull ball.
> > - Now Infection doesn’t get the unique player models we’ve grown to hate.
> > - Halo 4’s Flood model was cool and H2A’s infected model was even better.
>
>
> fixt

Hahaha, I never knew that picture in the Forum categories page was from the infected Spartans until recently, and I can DEFINITELY understand the hate.

The H4 infected model was cool at first but once you get down to customs with it, it quickly becomes more annoying due to the lack of uses it had

Green Spartans with swords > Potato > H4 Flood skins.

I won’t lie, I miss being tossed around… But I like this ball for Oddball.

I will then say, I’d much prefer the bomb back for Assault. But I’d also like a phase of Warzone Assault to be a bomb plant, so I’d look forward to its inclusion with that hope.
Follow?
And btw, if any are wondering, it was a bomb in H2, H3 and Reach http://www.halopedia.org/Type_14_Magnetic/Anti-Tank_Mine
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/5/54/Bomb_Baby!_edited.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070814163740

The unique player models have a chance to enter later on. I would hope you look to the Pestilence-effect and ponder “Wait, can we have MORE armour effects?” Because I’ll take those being worked on, with Pestilence being the beta test to see if the system works, over unique player models that end up taking away a player’s personal armour or having to create another 70 or so “unique” skins.

I do feel the explosion is part of Assault and if we have Breakout round based the way it is, Assault should be round based explosiveness too. Resetting the map each round is something I prefer over current basketball-esque format.
Perhaps BTB should be round based Assault and 4x4 be non-round?
Either-or, we are missing some of that old feeling of bunkering in vs an incoming threat compared to what we used to. WZA is a different beast than that. At least it is without having to plant a bomb or steal a core for a phase similar to Invasion. Mo’ space spice!!!

I guess it’s due to how they worked in ball game types in Halo 5 - they built a base game type that could cover all aspects of ball games like griffball, oddball, assault, etc. They talked a lot about this just before the Hammerstorm update came out, check out this blog post for some insights from the guys that worked on it. It’s not always about laziness, more often than not it’s about efficiency. Why reinvent the wheel 5 times when you can build once and abstract as necessary? :slight_smile:

> 2533274881560701;10:
> Green Spartans with swords > Potato > H4 Flood skins.

The Halo 2 anniversary infected model is better than all of the above.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.</mark>

I really liked the halo 4 and mcc flood models, I would rather have the infected look scary to match the feel of the mode and maps.
Mcc infected>Halo 4 flood > Potato > <mark>REDACTED</mark> >green spartan with green sword.

> 2728966917079826;13:
> > 2533274881560701;10:
> > Green Spartans with swords > Potato > H4 Flood skins.
>
>
> The Halo 2 anniversary infected model is better than all of the above.

H2A had a good infected model, but it should be an option, like in H2A.

Welcome to corner cutting, it’s when 343i makes something awesome, forge than cuts corners somewhere else that ends up hurting this new awesome feature, forge.

> 2533274881560701;15:
> > 2728966917079826;13:
> > > 2533274881560701;10:
> > > Green Spartans with swords > Potato > H4 Flood skins.
> >
> >
> > The Halo 2 anniversary infected model is better than all of the above.
>
>
> H2A had a good infected model, but it should be an option, like in H2A.

Oh of course, make it an option but at least have the option to have the unique models.