What happened to the sack?

I jumped on to play some action sack and… It’s gone?

I noticed this as well. Went to work on heavy weapons and then I was sad.

Action Sack was removed in the August 2012 consolidation for Halo: Reach.

So many good gametypes gone…

I had so much fun with my friends in Action Sack… I was literally on fire in power slayer. I didn’t get to play in that playlist much.

What’s amazing is that everyone I know has been shocked about Action Sack not being in Reach matchmaking. I come on here, and everyone is still just as surprised and sad about it not being here.

I find it hard to believe that the population was too low and it got the cut when it seems everyone loved it.

> What’s amazing is that everyone I know has been shocked about Action Sack not being in Reach matchmaking. I come on here, and everyone is still just as surprised and sad about it not being here.
>
> I find it hard to believe that the population was too low and it got the cut when it seems everyone loved it.

These forums have much lower numbers, especially the Reach forum compared to the actual game.

Yeah, it’s gone :frowning: I miss it so much, they should have taken out super slayer which has less than 40 people usually playing and kept Action Sack.

Why cant they allow faithful fans to play these game types and DLC maps. i am truly angered because i was gone for a year, out back and suddenly everything is gone. So last month i downloaded The Noble, and Defiant map packs. And now i cannot play them because all the play lists have been removed to speed up match making time. this also slows my rank progression as i am now stuck waiting for a long time waiting for a possible match.
i am so angry with the way the video game industry is going. you create a game and 2 years later remove everything? you cant even get the blue flaming helmet because Bungie and 343 obviously didn’t want that. i am a disappointed gamer. Halo 4 failed me as a good game. the story was great but game play for an Xbox 360 was poor, glitchy and lacking in detail. that’s why 25000+ players still play halo reach and over 5000+ still play Halo 3. To be honest if there is another 343 game that closely resembles Halo 4 i will officially be done with 343. they are not Bungie. they lack the creativity and charisma that Bungie had. That we don’t care to be different. Lets take a major risk and step far ahead. 343 lacked that so much in Halo 4. They lack the fantasy the lore and unrealistic styles that Halo CE, Halo 2 and 3 had. even halo reach. who cares 343, why should you care what the military wants??? Of coarse the Master Chiefs armor would never function properly in a real world environment. I think you guys need to do a serious reality check and revise what has been written. and you know what i mean. I believe many people feel the same way and you have heard it before. Just because a bunch of 10 year olds think its a cool game doesn’t mean that we as a community do. Besides Isn’t it a M (mature) rated game?? why are they even playing? you guys shouldn’t try to appeal to that audience for another 8 years any ways. Yea i played Halo as a kid but you get my point. you should appeal to the aging and ongoing fan base that you as an industry have taken on.

> Why cant they allow faithful fans to play these game types and DLC maps. i am truly angered because i was gone for a year, out back and suddenly everything is gone. So last month i downloaded The Noble, and Defiant map packs. And now i cannot play them because all the play lists have been removed to speed up match making time. this also slows my rank progression as i am now stuck waiting for a long time waiting for a possible match.
> i am so angry with the way the video game industry is going. you create a game and 2 years later remove everything? you cant even get the blue flaming helmet because Bungie and 343 obviously didn’t want that. i am a disappointed gamer. Halo 4 failed me as a good game. the story was great but game play for an Xbox 360 was poor, glitchy and lacking in detail. that’s why 25000+ players still play halo reach and over 5000+ still play Halo 3. To be honest if there is another 343 game that closely resembles Halo 4 i will officially be done with 343. they are not Bungie. they lack the creativity and charisma that Bungie had. That we don’t care to be different. Lets take a major risk and step far ahead. 343 lacked that so much in Halo 4. They lack the fantasy the lore and unrealistic styles that Halo CE, Halo 2 and 3 had. even halo reach. who cares 343, why should you care what the military wants??? Of coarse the Master Chiefs armor would never function properly in a real world environment. I think you guys need to do a serious reality check and revise what has been written. and you know what i mean. I believe many people feel the same way and you have heard it before. Just because a bunch of 10 year olds think its a cool game doesn’t mean that we as a community do. Besides Isn’t it a M (mature) rated game?? why are they even playing? you guys shouldn’t try to appeal to that audience for another 8 years any ways. Yea i played Halo as a kid but you get my point. you should appeal to the aging and ongoing fan base that you as an industry have taken on.

Welcome to the new age of gaming. Where almost everything is a sequel and the majority of games try and fail to copy Call of Duty in hopes of becoming popular.

All that can be done at this point for First Person Shooters is pray that 343 somehow becomes competent or Bungie makes Destiny the game of the decade.

I know me and my friends played the crap out of it the week before it was removed. 'twas fun

As someone who plays TS exclusively, Action Sack was a nice break. Wish they’d bring it back but that means 343 having to pay attention to this game again.

And if they have remove a game type to make room for it. Then I nominate TU Slayer. It has the lowest population of any game type currently.