What happened to the Pistol?

I remember the Pistol of Halo: CEA trailer, it was badass, similar to the Reach’s one. Now, I’ve seen the Funeral Skull “Trailer” and I’ve seen the new one… Seriously I hope that it’s a joke, it looks like a Black Ops Pistol (talking about graphics) and it’s worse that the Halo: CE’ one (2001, talking about graphics).
What the hell happened?

> I remember the Pistol of Halo: CEA trailer, it was Yoink!, similar to the Reach’s one. Now, I’ve seen the Funeral Skull “Trailer” and I’ve seen the new one… Seriously I hope that it’s a joke, it looks like a Black Ops Pistol (talking about graphics) and it’s worse that the Halo: CE’ one (2001, talking about graphics).
> What the hell happened?

you’re talking about a video of gameplay from an UNFINISHED game. probably not a big deal. just like MC’s armor wasn’t complete in the trailer. they probably just used the Reach pistol as placeholder artwork for the trailer.

I seriously hope so.

Well look on the bright side, at least it actually looks like the Halo 1 Pistol and not the Halo Reach one. Just like they’ve changed the Assault Rifle to the way it looked in Halo 1 rather than use the Reach model. This makes me happy.

It looks just like the old pistol, it’s just having a texture glitch, didn’t you notice all of the “popping” the pistol did?

OP,i see you never played the old CE in your life.As this pistol resembles the M6D from the old CE.

Don’t worry just watch old gameplay videos of the old CE then you see :slight_smile:

BTW i see that the Reach models were just placeholders.

The pistol looks fine.

Calm down.

> OP,i see you never played the old CE in your life.As this pistol resembles the M6D from the old CE.
>
> Don’t worry just watch old gameplay videos of the old CE then you see :slight_smile:
>
> BTW i see that the Reach models were just placeholders.

I’m not talking 'bout the models, I’m talking about graphics.

> > OP,i see you never played the old CE in your life.As this pistol resembles the M6D from the old CE.
> >
> > Don’t worry just watch old gameplay videos of the old CE then you see :slight_smile:
> >
> > BTW i see that the Reach models were just placeholders.
>
> I’m not talking 'bout the models, I’m talking about graphics.

It’s unfinished.

> > > OP,i see you never played the old CE in your life.As this pistol resembles the M6D from the old CE.
> > >
> > > Don’t worry just watch old gameplay videos of the old CE then you see :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > BTW i see that the Reach models were just placeholders.
> >
> > I’m not talking 'bout the models, I’m talking about graphics.
>
> It’s unfinished.

The graphics looked amazing, there were just a few texture pops, but I’m sure Saber Interactive noticed that already.

> The graphics looked amazing, there were just a few texture pops, but I’m sure Saber Interactive noticed that already.

This build was the first drop with the new pistol model. The texture pop was a bug and it already looks better than when we captured this clip.

Worry not.

> > The graphics looked amazing, there were just a few texture pops, but I’m sure Saber Interactive noticed that already.
>
> This build was the first drop with the new pistol model. The texture pop was a bug and it already looks better than when we captured this clip.
>
> Worry not.

YAY! for a better looking pistol.

hopefully we can get a chrome metallic look of the pistol back. like in the CEA ViDoc

Looks fine to me, just needs to be a bit more raised up in the Spartan’s hands. I’m sure whatever is wrong with its model and texture will be fixed come release.

> > The graphics looked amazing, there were just a few texture pops, but I’m sure Saber Interactive noticed that already.
>
> This build was the first drop with the new pistol model. The texture pop was a bug and it already looks better than when we captured this clip.
>
> Worry not.

Happy to know that. The model was better but the graphics… urrh… So I wanted to know what was coming whit the game. Thank you. :slight_smile:

“It looks like a Black Ops pistol…”

…What?

Unfinished Game.
Also, I see you haven’t played CE, it is the CE pistol.

> I remember the Pistol of Halo: CEA trailer, it was Yoink!, similar to the Reach’s one. Now, I’ve seen the Funeral Skull “Trailer” and I’ve seen the new one… Seriously I hope that it’s a joke, it looks like a Black Ops Pistol (talking about graphics) and it’s worse that the Halo: CE’ one (2001, talking about graphics).
> What the hell happened?

Who give a damn what it looks like. So long as they leave the mechanics of it alone I don’t care what it looks like.

How could you tell that ?
personally I’m so happy of the new footage today, they remade the MA5C instead of the MA37 of Reach, the original it’s a lot better and it’s Halo CE not Halo Reach and for the M6D pistol model it’s like the original it’s a lot better than the Reach pistol too I think.

Thank you 343i, I really can’t wait to play this game, now skulls are confirmed, we will be able to customise the campaign gameplay :slight_smile: