what happened to the brutes?

Why is it that in 2 they were completely hairy, had a flat, frog looking head, and were completely brown and then in 3, they were buff, a very faded khaki color, had smoe of hair, looked more savage, and were long jawed. But then in reach were gray, flat faced, had a odd looking face, fat, bald, and had weird designs all across their body. Also their armor was completely different, along with under armor that went from a suit to absolutley nothing. Are they a different race of Jiralhanae? Idk, it was kind of a big difference IMO.

In Halo 2, the brutes were added in late, and not much time was given to their development.

In Halo 3, Bungie wanted to flesh out the Brutes.

In Halo Reach, Bungie decided on a mix between the Halo 2 brutes and the Halo 3 brutes.

Canonically, the Brutes and Halo Reach and Halo 2 showed how they were before their rise to power. During Halo 2, after Regret left Earth, Truth sent and advanced fleet of brutes. These Brutes were given better armor and weapons than the ones on still at High Charity. By Halo 3, the Brutes have advanced to the Highest ranks in the Covenant Heirarchy, sporting significantly better armor.

As with everything in Halo 2, the Brutes were the best. They had plenty of different fur colors. Dark brown, light brown, grey, white, khaki, maroon…

Different Tribes

As with everything Halo 2, the Brutes sucked hardcore and needed to be redone.

> In Halo 2, the brutes were added in late, and not much time was given to their development.
>
> In Halo 3, Bungie wanted to flesh out the Brutes.
>
> In Halo Reach, Bungie decided on a mix between the Halo 2 brutes and the Halo 3 brutes.
>
> Canonically, the Brutes and Halo Reach and Halo 2 showed how they were before their rise to power. During Halo 2, after Regret left Earth, Truth sent and advanced fleet of brutes. These Brutes were given better armor and weapons than the ones on still at High Charity. By Halo 3, the Brutes have advanced to the Highest ranks in the Covenant Heirarchy, sporting significantly better armor.

Very true.

Another solution is the fact that their appearance is clan specific. They are a very pack orientated species, so some packs may prefer armour/buff up more etc while others prefer less armour.
Also, equipment could be unit specific along the same lines as stated above.

> > In Halo 2, the brutes were added in late, and not much time was given to their development.
> >
> > In Halo 3, Bungie wanted to flesh out the Brutes.
> >
> > In Halo Reach, Bungie decided on a mix between the Halo 2 brutes and the Halo 3 brutes.
> >
> > Canonically, the Brutes and Halo Reach and Halo 2 showed how they were before their rise to power. During Halo 2, after Regret left Earth, Truth sent and advanced fleet of brutes. These Brutes were given better armor and weapons than the ones on still at High Charity. By Halo 3, the Brutes have advanced to the Highest ranks in the Covenant Heirarchy, sporting significantly better armor.
>
> Very true.
>
> Another solution is the fact that their appearance is clan specific. They are a very pack orientated species, so some packs may prefer armour/buff up more etc while others prefer less armour.
> Also, equipment could be unit specific along the same lines as stated above.

That about sums it up before I could.
But in my opinion I loved the Halo 3 brutes, they didn’t exactly look like hairy gorillas, but they also had very primal attitudes. In Reach the brutes look…**different…**I didn’t like it.

The Halo 2 Brutes looked the best!
The Halo 3 Brutes looked okay with there new given Armor from Truth.
The Halo Reach Brutes… Please… They look like -Yoink-…

It is because in halo 2 bungie rushed the brutes in very late in development. In 3 they focused more on the brutes and fleshed them out. In reach they wanted to take some focus off them but make sure they still fit comfortably in the sandbox.

brutes love to be in tribes… just like squeekers love clans ha ha

Eh, never liked them. Bungie never really hit their mark on what they wanted the brutes to be. They were never the brutal, bonecrushing savages Bungie wanted them to be.

Brutes in Halo 2 were a pain to take down. Close combat with them is suicide, especially if they beserk. They can rip a hunter apart very easily. I miss my overpowered brute shot :frowning: