What happened to the Ark at the end of Halo 3?

What did the chief and Arbiter do to the Ark to make it start exploding violently? Also, it is still in tact in Halo Wars 2 so what could have happened to it? Thank you for any replies.

Chief and Arbiter activated the remade Alpha Halo ring while it was still being made. The explosion made the ring unstable since it wasn’t finished, and served as a bomb inside the Ark.

As far as Halo Wars 2, the Ark is still intact, but it’s functionality (aka being able to create Halo rings) is unknown.

> 2533274852660538;2:
> Chief and Arbiter activated the remade Alpha Halo ring while it was still being made. The explosion made the ring unstable since it wasn’t finished, and served as a bomb inside the Ark.
>
> As far as Halo Wars 2, the Ark is still intact, but it’s functionality (aka being able to create Halo rings) is unknown.

Thank you very much! That makes a lot of sense actually.

Are there still two arks? Or was one of them destroyed at the end of the forerunner saga?

> 2533274862087277;1:
> What did the chief and Arbiter do to the Ark to make it start exploding violently? Also, it is still in tact in Halo Wars 2 so what could have happened to it? Thank you for any replies.

Did you even play the campaign or pay attention to the dialogue?
The Master Chief and the Arbiter activated Installation 04B prematurely. Resulting in a massive explosion destroying both Installation 04B and The Ark.
And Halo Wars takes place decades before Reach* the Ark wouldn’t have been destroyed before The Master Chief had been on the Ark.
Also the Ark is also known as Installation 0 because thats th first halo ring, it was where all the rings could be activated simultaneously. Theres no such thing as a second Ark.

*Chronologically

> 2533274811192667;4:
> Are there still two arks? Or was one of them destroyed at the end of the forerunner saga?

I just said there’s NO SUCH THING AS A SECOND ARK! CAN YOU NOT READ PROPER ENGLISH?!

> 2535453028807213;6:
> > 2533274811192667;4:
> > Are there still two arks? Or was one of them destroyed at the end of the forerunner saga?
>
> I just said there’s NO SUCH THING AS A SECOND ARK! CAN YOU NOT READ PROPER ENGLISH?!

In the forefunner books, there were two arks. That’s why I was asking

> 2533274811192667;7:
> > 2535453028807213;6:
> > > 2533274811192667;4:
> > > Are there still two arks? Or was one of them destroyed at the end of the forerunner saga?
> >
> > I just said there’s NO SUCH THING AS A SECOND ARK! CAN YOU NOT READ PROPER ENGLISH?!
>
> In the forefunner books, there were two arks. That’s why I was asking

Well that explains it. If only there was a library that doesn’t sell books around 40 or so bucks.

In Halo: Hunters in the Dark the Ark was damaged not destroyed. The Ark’s monitor though was not very happy.

lol

> 2535453028807213;8:
> > 2533274811192667;7:
> > > 2535453028807213;6:
> > > > 2533274811192667;4:
> > > > Are there still two arks? Or was one of them destroyed at the end of the forerunner saga?
> > >
> > > I just said there’s NO SUCH THING AS A SECOND ARK! CAN YOU NOT READ PROPER ENGLISH?!
> >
> > In the forefunner books, there were two arks. That’s why I was asking
>
> Well that explains it. If only there was a library that doesn’t sell books around 40 or so bucks.

Don’t forget you can look up all this information for FREE on Halopedia.org. Also, I recommend not being so harsh to someone like that in the future, it’s not cool. Especially when they are in the right.

> 2535453028807213;5:
> > 2533274862087277;1:
> > What did the chief and Arbiter do to the Ark to make it start exploding violently? Also, it is still in tact in Halo Wars 2 so what could have happened to it? Thank you for any replies.
>
> Did you even play the campaign or pay attention to the dialogue?
> The Master Chief and the Arbiter activated Installation 04B prematurely. Resulting in a massive explosion destroying both Installation 04B and The Ark.
> __And Halo Wars takes place decades before Reach* the Ark wouldn’t have been destroyed before The Master Chief had been on the Ark.__Also the Ark is also known as Installation 0 because thats th first halo ring, it was where all the rings could be activated simultaneously. Theres no such thing as a second Ark.
>
> *Chronologically

Artyum mentioned Halo Wars 2, set after Halo Reach and 3.
Not the first halo wars.

> 2535453028807213;5:
> > 2533274862087277;1:
> > What did the chief and Arbiter do to the Ark to make it start exploding violently? Also, it is still in tact in Halo Wars 2 so what could have happened to it? Thank you for any replies.
>
> Did you even play the campaign or pay attention to the dialogue?
> The Master Chief and the Arbiter activated Installation 04B prematurely. Resulting in a massive explosion destroying both Installation 04B and The Ark.
> And Halo Wars takes place decades before Reach* the Ark wouldn’t have been destroyed before The Master Chief had been on the Ark.
> Also the Ark is also known as Installation 0 because thats th first halo ring, it was where all the rings could be activated simultaneously. Theres no such thing as a second Ark.
>
> *Chronologically

Actually, the Ark wasn’t destroyed, it was just badly damaged. Halo Wars 2 takes place sometime after Halo 5. Also niether the UNSC or the Covenant would have any idea about the Ark or the Halo around the time of Reach because they didn’t know they existed aside from whatever Halsey had found under ground