What happened to the Airsassination Medal?

I haven’t seen anyone post anything about this, so I’m starting it now; What the actual hell happened to the airsassination medal? All of the times I’ve assassinated someone while in mid air, all I get is a normal assassination medal. What happened? Why can’t I get the medal? Does this happen to anyone else or just me?

I’ve gotten two, both several months ago, both in BTB. One I had active camo on Avalanche and was right on a guy’s heels as he hit a man cannon. I assassinated him mid air. Second time I don’t really remember what happened.

> 2535468812026872;2:
> I’ve gotten two, both several months ago, both in BTB. One I had active camo on Avalanche and was right on a guy’s heels as he hit a man cannon. I assassinated him mid air. Second time I don’t really remember what happened.

Yeah I got one too. Months ago, but what about now? A couple of weeks ago, I was playing Slayer, on Empire, and I was following a guy. I was on his heels and he jumped, so I jumped as well, but I boosted, in the air, so I got close to him. I assassinated him, but it gave me nothing but a normal assassination medal. Why?

I have to agree. It’s strange.
I’ve been airassassinating quite few times - lately even like 3 times, and yet I have only one medal…

Maybe it’s like the sayonara medal and broken now. I’ve never gotten that one.

Not sure what the broken now medal is, but I tried to get a sayonara medal, but it said I killed them with the BR (the weapon I damaged them with).

I should have gotten it once or twice but never did I guess it was bugged

> 2535437732878722;6:
> Not sure what the broken now medal is, but I tried to get a sayonara medal, but it said I killed them with the BR (the weapon I damaged them with).

My punctuation was wrong there. I meant the air assassination medal must be broken now, in the same way that the sayonara medal is broken. It doesn’t give you the medal when you do the thing.

Well technically airsassination counts when you and the opponent are both in the air. (e.g falling and assassinating an opponent in the air, jumping to assassinate a player in air) Airssassination doesn’t count when you are lunging from the ground with a melee to assassinate.

Basically, a grounded lunge to an in air player does not count, while assassinating an opponent after you jumped an they are in air counts.

Yeah Sayonara is broken. I should have a few if it wasn’t. This one would seem to be as well now. I got one in Warzone a while back and have done a couple since but no medal.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-clips?page=1&gamertag=Black96z#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_gameclip_Black96z_38308523-b66b-4e71-b0de-c42cb162beb1

Here is a clip of me doing it about a month ago. This is the only time i have received this medal.

I do believe that you have to be actually high in the air for it to work.

> 2535437732878722;1:
> I haven’t seen anyone post anything about this, so I’m starting it now; What the actual hell happened to the airsassination medal? All of the times I’ve assassinated someone while in mid air, all I get is a normal assassination medal. What happened? Why can’t I get the medal? Does this happen to anyone else or just me?

I got that few days ago …

> 2533275022416367;12:
> I do believe that you have to be actually high in the air for it to work.

How high though? Usually it shows the airsassination as that weird insta-kill thing (where it goes third person for like a second and then back to first person). But as I said before, it doesn’t work anymore.

> 2535437732878722;14:
> > 2533275022416367;12:
> > I do believe that you have to be actually high in the air for it to work.
>
>
> How high though? Usually it shows the airsassination as that weird insta-kill thing (where it goes third person for like a second and then back to first person). But as I said before, it doesn’t work anymore.

Not quite sure. Both my air assassinations were me killing a guy jumping off the Garage.

Well my first and only airsassination was on Empire. Everytime after that, that I’ve tried, I haven’t been able to recreate what I did.

> 2535437732878722;16:
> Well my first and only airsassination was on Empire. Everytime after that, that I’ve tried, I haven’t been able to recreate what I did.

same here

Airsassination is the unicorn medal in Halo 5, it is incredibly difficult to obtain… every time I try to airsassinate someone, my spartan tries to ground pound instead, and I usually die, SMH… I did get it once during the snipers social playlist, since there is no radar.

I also clearly did an air assassination sometimes and got a normal assassination medal.

> 2535468812026872;5:
> Maybe it’s like the sayonara medal and broken now. I’ve never gotten that one.

Same for me with both Airsassination and Sayonara. While I am sure I’ve done both more then a couple of times, I’ve not gotten one of these in more then a month.