What happened to Team Training.

Team Training was a playlist in Halo 2’s Multiplayer which allowed players to practice a variety of gametypes, but for no Rank gain. Guests were allowed and any size party could join.

• This needs to come back for reach and future halo games.

> Team Training was a playlist in Halo 2’s Multiplayer which allowed players to practice a variety of gametypes, but for no Rank gain. Guests were allowed and any size party could join.
>
> - This needs to come back for reach and future halo games.

Why does this need to come back?

> > Team Training was a playlist in Halo 2’s Multiplayer which allowed players to practice a variety of gametypes, but for no Rank gain. Guests were allowed and any size party could join.
> >
> > - This needs to come back for reach and future halo games.
>
> Why does this need to come back?

Did you not play halo 2? And read what Team Training is! PRACTICE all kinds of gametypes with a party, with no rank gain.

Team Slayer in Reach plays with guests no?

> > > Team Training was a playlist in Halo 2’s Multiplayer which allowed players to practice a variety of gametypes, but for no Rank gain. Guests were allowed and any size party could join.
> > >
> > > - This needs to come back for reach and future halo games.
> >
> > Why does this need to come back?
>
> Did you not play halo 2? And read what Team Training is! PRACTICE all kinds of gametypes with a party, with no rank gain.

Yeah, I played a good amount of Halo 2…

Do you understand you can do the same thing in custom games?

Do you also understand that your rank in Reach means nothing, so you can go to the objective playlist just the same and learn in there?

“Team Training” is still offered in Halo Reach, but why add a playlist for it? Don’t we have enough playlists already that do the same thing?

> Team Slayer in Reach plays with guests no?

You still rank up did you not read what I put?

Rank up as in earn credits? Reach has no ranks…you earn credits just for sitting in forge lol. No need for training since every playlist could be considered that.

> > Team Training was a playlist in Halo 2’s Multiplayer which allowed players to practice a variety of gametypes, but for no Rank gain. Guests were allowed and any size party could join.
> >
> > - This needs to come back for reach and future halo games.
>
> Why does this need to come back?

why not its for others to hone their skills for multiplayer Avulse 42 has a pretty good point

> Rank up as in earn credits? Reach has no ranks…you earn credits just for sitting in forge lol. No need for training since every playlist could be considered that.

Exactly.

Why worry about adding a playlist that doesn’t contribute to rank, when rank means nothing?

> > > Team Training was a playlist in Halo 2’s Multiplayer which allowed players to practice a variety of gametypes, but for no Rank gain. Guests were allowed and any size party could join.
> > >
> > > - This needs to come back for reach and future halo games.
> >
> > Why does this need to come back?
>
> why not its for others to hone their skills for multiplayer Avulse 42 has a pretty good point

> Do you understand you can do the same thing in custom games?
>
> Do you also understand that your rank in Reach means nothing, so you can go to the objective playlist just the same and learn in there?
>
> “Team Training” is still offered in Halo Reach, but why add a playlist for it? Don’t we have enough playlists already that do the same thing?

> > > > Team Training was a playlist in Halo 2’s Multiplayer which allowed players to practice a variety of gametypes, but for no Rank gain. Guests were allowed and any size party could join.
> > > >
> > > > - This needs to come back for reach and future halo games.
> > >
> > > Why does this need to come back?
> >
> > Did you not play halo 2? And read what Team Training is! PRACTICE all kinds of gametypes with a party, with no rank gain.
>
> Yeah, I played a good amount of Halo 2…
>
>
> Do you also understand that your rank in Reach means nothing, so you can go to the objective playlist just the same and learn in there?
>
> “Team Training” is still offered in Halo Reach, but why add a playlist for it? Don’t we have enough playlists already that do the same thing?

i dont think you played halo 2 then because you received nothing for winning or losing and your stats didnt count. There was no k/d and you simply couldnt rank up. It was a good playlist for new players or just for some practice. Im pretty sure that any playlist that you play in reach with save your stats and your gain credits to rank up. There is no playlist in halo reach that offers what team training did in halo 2. yeah customs games is similar to team training but custom games isnt in matchmaking. you cant match up with only teams just to have fun or else we wouldnt be having this convo. Too man playlists??? you can never have to many, more choices is better then less choices.

> > Rank up as in earn credits? Reach has no ranks…you earn credits just for sitting in forge lol. No need for training since every playlist could be considered that.
>
> Exactly.
>
> Why worry about adding a playlist that doesn’t contribute to rank, when rank means nothing?

ITS NOT ABOUT RANK!!! its about getting better.

> > > > Team Training was a playlist in Halo 2’s Multiplayer which allowed players to practice a variety of gametypes, but for no Rank gain. Guests were allowed and any size party could join.
> > > >
> > > > - This needs to come back for reach and future halo games.
> > >
> > > Why does this need to come back?
> >
> > Did you not play halo 2? And read what Team Training is! PRACTICE all kinds of gametypes with a party, with no rank gain.
>
> Yeah, I played a good amount of Halo 2…
>
>
>

trust me you can’t do the same in customs
In customs you still need to get a few players in for it to be a good game
if your just playing with a guest the guest can screen cheat and it won’t seem like a real game. Taking out the learning part in this.

And you may say rank means nothing (it means nothing on all games not just reach) but there are still tons of people yelling in game “im a general i kick yo -Yoink-” then I come up and shoot his head off.

and more casual gamers are needed. Halo became the top because it could be for any type of gamer and still be fun. Now theres nothing but competitive gamers ruining the fun I and many others once had.
A playlist like this would be nice and would help newbs grow into pros.

> i dont think you played halo 2 then because you received nothing for winning or losing and your stats didnt count. There was no k/d and you simply couldnt rank up. It was a good playlist for new players or just for some practice. Im pretty sure that any playlist that you play in reach with save your stats and your gain credits to rank up. There is no playlist in halo reach that offers what team training did in halo 2. yeah customs games is similar to team training but custom games isnt in matchmaking. you cant match up with only teams just to have fun or else we wouldnt be having this convo. Too man playlists??? you can never have to many, more choices is better then less choices.

hahaha, yeah… you’re cute kid.

I played more than enough of both H2 and Reach to tell you that Team Training Playlist in Reach is unnecessary.

Furthermore, diluting the population of one playlist by adding another, is not a good idea…

AND ON TOP OF THAT… as it’s already been mentioned, Ranking has NOTHING to do with skill as it did in H2… So whether a playlist offers credits for completion or not… it has no bearing.

And if you’re really that concerned over your Reach k/d when you’re just “practicing” vs when you’re REALLY playing… then go into a custom game.

“obligatory /thread comment.”

> > > Rank up as in earn credits? Reach has no ranks…you earn credits just for sitting in forge lol. No need for training since every playlist could be considered that.
> >
> > Exactly.
> >
> > Why worry about adding a playlist that doesn’t contribute to rank, when rank means nothing?
>
> ITS NOT ABOUT RANK!!! its about getting better.

So play and get better without worrying about Rank, what’s the big deal?

> > > > Rank up as in earn credits? Reach has no ranks…you earn credits just for sitting in forge lol. No need for training since every playlist could be considered that.
> > >
> > > Exactly.
> > >
> > > Why worry about adding a playlist that doesn’t contribute to rank, when rank means nothing?
> >
> > ITS NOT ABOUT RANK!!! its about getting better.
>
> So play and get better without worrying about Rank, what’s the big deal?

Team training you didnt have to worry about anything. k/d, winning, nothing but practicing and making you better. If a noob faces a full team in btb and is getting spawn killed how is that making him better?

> > > > > Rank up as in earn credits? Reach has no ranks…you earn credits just for sitting in forge lol. No need for training since every playlist could be considered that.
> > > >
> > > > Exactly.
> > > >
> > > > Why worry about adding a playlist that doesn’t contribute to rank, when rank means nothing?
> > >
> > > ITS NOT ABOUT RANK!!! its about getting better.
> >
> > So play and get better without worrying about Rank, what’s the big deal?
>
>
>
> Team training you didnt have to worry about anything. k/d, winning, nothing but practicing and making you better. If a noob faces a full team in btb and is getting spawn killed how is that making him better?

What stops a team of four high-level players from jumping into this “Team Training” and wrecking newbs?

Since there’s no penalty for loosing, that’s not needed. You can practice in any playlist and get cR at the same time, the only reason it was there was so you didn’t get your -Yoink- kicked and get de-ranked.

> > > > > Team Training was a playlist in Halo 2’s Multiplayer which allowed players to practice a variety of gametypes, but for no Rank gain. Guests were allowed and any size party could join.
> > > > >
> > > > > - This needs to come back for reach and future halo games.
> > > >
> > > > Why does this need to come back?
> > >
> > > Did you not play halo 2? And read what Team Training is! PRACTICE all kinds of gametypes with a party, with no rank gain.
> >
> > Yeah, I played a good amount of Halo 2…
> >
> > Do you understand you can do the same thing in custom games?
> >
> > Do you also understand that your rank in Reach means nothing, so you can go to the objective playlist just the same and learn in there?
> >
> > “Team Training” is still offered in Halo Reach, but why add a playlist for it? Don’t we have enough playlists already that do the same thing?
>
> trust me you can’t do the same in customs
> In customs you still need to get a few players in for it to be a good game
> if your just playing with a guest the guest can screen cheat and it won’t seem like a real game. Taking out the learning part in this.
>
> And you may say rank means nothing (it means nothing on all games not just reach) but there are still tons of people yelling in game “im a general i kick yo -Yoink-” then I come up and shoot his head off.
>
> and more casual gamers are needed. Halo became the top because it could be for any type of gamer and still be fun. Now theres nothing but competitive gamers ruining the fun I and many others once had.
> A playlist like this would be nice and would help newbs grow into pros.

heh, I would say your Reach experience has not been typical of the rest of the community’s.

Rank has nothing to do with skill, regardless of perception.

If you’re just trying to learn the rules of an objective game, Custom games are fine.

If you’re trying to do anything else, the Match Making Playlist is fine.

A Team Training Playlist would be redundant and further waterdown the current playlist population, if anyone actually picked to play it, and I don’t think they simply because good or bad, people want credits for the time they spend playing.

I believe it has been replaced by Team slayer. And The Arena is now the Team slayer back in Halo 2. I miss Halo 2.

<4 <343