What happened to Spartan charge and ground pound?

I’m curious as to why both Spartan Charge as well as ground pound have been removed? To me these two elements made halo 5 a bit more interesting to play given it was a new mechanic and the sheer amount of fun it was to jump into a jump pad being followed by and enemy only to stabilize in the air right above the intended stop point and come crashing down on the unsuspecting enemy the sheer amount of joy I had when crashing down on top of a ghost or a group of enemies for a multi kill was amazing is it possible to see these added back to the game given to the fact the game is slated to release in December ?

I’ll pass on that thanks.

I hate Halo 5. That’s my response to that question.

Basically most of the fanbase disliked the Spartan-abilities from H5. That’s probably why they removed it.

> 2533274826333964;1:
> I’m curious as to why both Spartan Charge as well as ground pound have been removed? To me these two elements made halo 5 a bit more interesting to play given it was a new mechanic and the sheer amount of fun it was to jump into a jump pad being followed by and enemy only to stabilize in the air right above the intended stop point and come crashing down on the unsuspecting enemy the sheer amount of joy I had when crashing down on top of a ghost or a group of enemies for a multi kill was amazing is it possible to see these added back to the game given to the fact the game is slated to release in December ?

The fan base at large didn’t like the gimmicky Spartan abilities. It felt massively out of place in a Halo title.

There is always a chance that these features might return as equipment though. So fingers crossed for you guys and gals that like them abilities

Neither are coming back, seeing as Spartans are no longer sporting thrusters, and frankly they shouldn’t come back, at least not as they were. Spartan Charge was just annoying and way too powerful for how easy it was to pull off (I got more than enough of reckless Charging in Destiny, thank you very much). Ground Pound just was just too situational to be useful, and it felt like a poorly thought-out gimmick to try and sell players on thrusters.

They could probably get away with making Ground Pound an equipment pickup, thus allowing it to be more powerful than it was in Halo 5. However, maybe it’s the Destiny Shoulder Charge PTSD talking, but I really don’t think Spartan Charge should return.

Really? The worst abilities to come from H5? You’re missing those?

Ground Pound was fun… and I didn’t think it was that intrusive (against good players it usually got you into more trouble than it was worth).

Spartan Charge was -yoink-. Won’t be missed.

Those technologies released too much carbon emissions into the atmosphere, attributing to climate change.

> 2533274892901745;6:
> Neither are coming back, seeing as Spartans are no longer sporting thrusters, and frankly they shouldn’t come back, at least not as they were. Spartan Charge was just annoying and way too powerful for how easy it was to pull off (I got more than enough of reckless Charging in Destiny, thank you very much). Ground Pound just was just too situational to be useful, and it felt like a poorly thought-out gimmick to try and sell players on thrusters.
>
> They could probably get away with making Ground Pound an equipment pickup, thus allowing it to be more powerful than it was in Halo 5. However, maybe it’s the Destiny Shoulder Charge PTSD talking, but I really don’t think Spartan Charge should return.

Thrusters are confirmed as an equipment pickup with 3 charges. The however only give you a thrust and don’t give access to the other abilities it supported in H5.

I agree with most that the Spartan charge facilitated reckless sprinting too much and really was a bad call. Ground pound was something cool that you might use for 1 of every 200 kills but mainly for trick jumps. I will miss the thrust for spicing up the razzle dazzle and mobility and also the stabilise hover the most, was really hoping that the thruster equipment would also give you the stabiliser.

I’ll sure be making a H5 custom game with them in Infinite!

Ok, first of all this isn’t halo 5: 2, this is supposed to be a spiritual reboot in a sense, a return to a more classic halo gameplay.

Spartan charge was actually downright useless if you didn’t do a very obscure button combo, or needed the slightest bit of more damage on your melee.

Ground pound is situational, and this isn’t a second halo 5, sprint and slide is the most we’re gonna get.

I do kinda wish boost/dash was back, but thats a little controversial, and mainly because I think the flight is too laggy or something I get shot through walls and this would help me dumpster kids who kill me off lucky -Yoink-.

> 2533274892901745;6:
> Neither are coming back, seeing as Spartans are no longer sporting thrusters, and frankly they shouldn’t come back, at least not as they were. Spartan Charge was just annoying and way too powerful for how easy it was to pull off (I got more than enough of reckless Charging in Destiny, thank you very much). Ground Pound just was just too situational to be useful, and it felt like a poorly thought-out gimmick to try and sell players on thrusters.
>
> They could probably get away with making Ground Pound an equipment pickup, thus allowing it to be more powerful than it was in Halo 5. However, maybe it’s the Destiny Shoulder Charge PTSD talking, but I really don’t think Spartan Charge should return.

Haven’t Spartans always had thrusters for at least space and such but just don’t use them in game? Hasn’t chief had them since h2 lorewise?

> 2533274910627211;12:
> > 2533274892901745;6:
> > Neither are coming back, seeing as Spartans are no longer sporting thrusters, and frankly they shouldn’t come back, at least not as they were. Spartan Charge was just annoying and way too powerful for how easy it was to pull off (I got more than enough of reckless Charging in Destiny, thank you very much). Ground Pound just was just too situational to be useful, and it felt like a poorly thought-out gimmick to try and sell players on thrusters.
> >
> > They could probably get away with making Ground Pound an equipment pickup, thus allowing it to be more powerful than it was in Halo 5. However, maybe it’s the Destiny Shoulder Charge PTSD talking, but I really don’t think Spartan Charge should return.
>
> Haven’t Spartans always had thrusters for at least space and such but just don’t use them in game? Hasn’t chief had them since h2 lorewise?

Yes, Spartans have always had thrusters, but they’re purely for mobility while doing EVA in space. They’re too weak to do anything except light your pants on fire while in-atmosphere.

They got rid of them because they are both bad, spartan charge in particular. That was one of the worst things added to a Halo game. It was as bad and unbalanced as double melees in Reach before the TU. Nothing like some noob sprinting everywhere just to charge you and melee you again, if you were lucky you would trade with them.

> 2533274910627211;11:
> Ok, first of all this isn’t halo 5: 2, this is supposed to be a spiritual reboot in a sense, a return to a more classic halo gameplay.
>
> Spartan charge was actually downright useless if you didn’t do a very obscure button combo, or needed the slightest bit of more damage on your melee.
>
> Ground pound is situational, and this isn’t a second halo 5, sprint and slide is the most we’re gonna get.
>
> I do kinda wish boost/dash was back, but thats a little controversial, and mainly because I think the flight is too laggy or something I get shot through walls and this would help me dumpster kids who kill me off lucky -Yoink-.

Boost is back? It’s an equipment and this has been show everywhere? You haven’t seen it yet ? Youtube it.

> 2533274892901745;6:
> Neither are coming back

Never say never with a free to play game. I think anything might be added in the future if they anticipate demand or get desperate for new content ideas.

I am genunienly happy spartan charge is gone. I -Yoinking!- hated that mechanic.

> 2533274826333964;1:
> I’m curious as to why both Spartan Charge as well as ground pound have been removed? To me these two elements made halo 5 a bit more interesting to play given it was a new mechanic and the sheer amount of fun it was to jump into a jump pad being followed by and enemy only to stabilize in the air right above the intended stop point and come crashing down on the unsuspecting enemy the sheer amount of joy I had when crashing down on top of a ghost or a group of enemies for a multi kill was amazing is it possible to see these added back to the game given to the fact the game is slated to release in December ?

They were removed because they were terrible mechanics that don’t belong in halo

the spartan charge + AR combo in H5 was legitimate cancer…it was the amrour lock of H5

A big portion of the Halo Fanbase didn’t like H5. I hope 343i doesn’t implement too many stuff in Infinite from that game tbh.

Additional to that, 343i said that they want a lot of new players and want to make the game for newcomers accesible (how a few things work in game i dont’t believe, but this is another topic) the more movement and abilitys exists, the more complex and deterrent it gets for necomers and also for H5 dislikers, wich in combination makes a huge amount of players.

> 2533274826333964;1:

They’re left out because they are almost universally reviled features. Those and “get out of jail free” features like armor lock were enjoyed by some players, but most feel like they ruined the game.