What happened to "Reclaimer"?

The new trilogy is named “Reclaimer”, but in Halo 5, I didn’t see any reference to the idea that humans, or anyone, are Reclaimers. In Halo 4, at the very least, included some bits about the idea of Reclaimer. So in Halo Infinite, maybe it’ll reinforce the idea that humans are Reclaimers.

It was always a little nebulous as a term, as the idea for 4, 5, and 6 being the “Reclaimer Trilogy,” didn’t live very long. I can’t remember for sure, but I believe it was either shortly before or after Halo 4 even came out that the PR lingo switched to “Reclaimer Saga,” to do away with the limitation of a three game arc.

I think as far as what’s happened to the story direction of “Reclaimer?” they’ve for sure backed off of it with at least what early Infinite marketing we’ve seen. It’s all up to personal taste, but I’m for one happy that they have. The Forerunners portrayed in 343i’s installations haven’t been my favorite. I know that a lot of folks have liked the way 343i has fleshed out the Forerunner society with the Didact, Promethians, Warden Eternal, etc. But, I think it’s useless to deny that these contributions to Halo lore, much like Halo 4 and 5 in general, have been contraversial amidst fans. “Mixed,” reactions aren’t something 343i and MS want. I think moving away from the narrative and marketing implications of “Reclaimer,” are a concerted effort to get the series on a more generally well-liked track.

We live in a bizarre time when backlash and tepid reaction can make really big changes happen in blockbuster creative series. Star Wars just proved that beyond the shadow of a doubt. I think 343i, in many respects, is aiming at a similar reversal in tone and implication from Guardians and to a lesser extent, Halo 4. Hopefully they can pull it off at least somewhat more graciously…

> 2535433186431929;1:
> The new trilogy is named “Reclaimer”, but in Halo 5, I didn’t see any reference to the idea that humans, or anyone, are Reclaimers. In Halo 4, at the very least, included some bits about the idea of Reclaimer. So in Halo Infinite, maybe it’ll reinforce the idea that humans are Reclaimers.

Did we play the same game? In my version of H5G, Cortana wouldn’t shut the -Yoink- up about how the “created” are better fit to reclaim the mantle than the humans…

I’m just assuming it’s a trilogy.

Halo 5 is playing off of “reclaimer” but different than we all hoped. The created claimed the mantle thanks to cortana and they will probably be defeated and humanity will take it within the arc 343i introduced. But then it’s more or less where does halo go after humans have reclaimed what the forerunners (who don’t exist anymore) took from them.

I’m kinda excited to see where 343 takes the story. Definitely not the route i would’ve taken with cortana and I feel the story halo 5 marketed was much more than what we got and I think there were internal things happening that made 343 make changes. But im certain 343 is capable of making a great halo game, halo 5 had a good mp to me, and halo 4 had a good story. The story and changes I’ve seen for halo infinite gives me hope that this is going to be one hell of a game that me and a few friends can link up and play throughout college

Reclamation is still a very important theme in H5. Cortana literally tells Chief “the reclamation is about to begin”. It may not be the same as the old trilogy where reclaimers were humans, but the idea of reclaimers is still very much a part of the new games.

As far as calling it a trilogy, I think 343 changed that idea a while back and changed it to the “Reclaimer Saga”.

I was hoping Reclaimer meant, humans would get more technology and be more advanced. Like Halo 4 we discovered Requiem and Requiem got destroyed. Halo 5 I was hoping Chief would finally upgrade to Mach 7. Like how Naomi did but still have the same design. I was also to see more hybrid Human and Forerunner weapons, which we did in Warzone. I wish we did get more advanced armor and weapons. Like seeing more safer ODST pods and Pelicans, something. Maybe even Forerunner tech used to help a glassed world. Imagine the Meridian mission but there’s part of the planet that has a forest and grasslands with a river surrounded by the glassed remains of the world?
s

Yeah I’m hoping there’s more reclaimed related stuff, 5 didn’t further that plot point at all. By the way it’s not a trilogy anymore.

> 2535433186431929;1:
> The new trilogy is named “Reclaimer”, but in Halo 5, I didn’t see any reference to the idea that humans, or anyone, are Reclaimers. In Halo 4, at the very least, included some bits about the idea of Reclaimer. So in Halo Infinite, maybe it’ll reinforce the idea that humans are Reclaimers.

Because the lead writer and writing team dropped the ball. So much stuff was wrong.

Haruspis has written some great commentary on the subject and I’d just recommend looking at it since I couldn’t do justice to the situation.

Frankly, the best thing for Halo’s story would be to embrace the fact it takes place 5 years(?) later, and just ignore Halo 5’s events and have a new story.

They cam out and said that they are ditching a trilogy like structure like that of the reclaimer title to expand the story… with that said hopefully the story moving forward meets everyones or most everyones needs

> 2535435902217648;6:
> Reclamation is still a very important theme in H5. Cortana literally tells Chief “the reclamation is about to begin”. It may not be the same as the old trilogy where reclaimers were humans, but the idea of reclaimers is still very much a part of the new games.
>
> As far as calling it a trilogy, I think 343 changed that idea a while back and changed it to the “Reclaimer Saga”.

Thank you for the information about the trilogy not being called trilogy.

Honest answer? The story is a complete mess. Halo 5 was a soft reboot of 4, now Infinite is a soft reboot of 5. Good luck trying to work out the overarching theme because there isn’t one.

> 2533274801176260;3:
> > 2535433186431929;1:
> > The new trilogy is named “Reclaimer”, but in Halo 5, I didn’t see any reference to the idea that humans, or anyone, are Reclaimers. In Halo 4, at the very least, included some bits about the idea of Reclaimer. So in Halo Infinite, maybe it’ll reinforce the idea that humans are Reclaimers.
>
> Did we play the same game? In my version of H5G, Cortana wouldn’t shut the -Yoink- up about how the “created” are better fit to reclaim the mantle than the humans…

Yep mostly this Cortana spewing drivel about how humanity and other species don’t deserve the mantle of responsibility and some how warped her mind into thinking this was the librarians plan all along iirc.

> 2533274794673883;9:
> > 2535433186431929;1:
> > The new trilogy is named “Reclaimer”, but in Halo 5, I didn’t see any reference to the idea that humans, or anyone, are Reclaimers. In Halo 4, at the very least, included some bits about the idea of Reclaimer. So in Halo Infinite, maybe it’ll reinforce the idea that humans are Reclaimers.
>
> Because the lead writer and writing team dropped the ball. So much stuff was wrong.
>
> Haruspis has written some great commentary on the subject and I’d just recommend looking at it since I couldn’t do justice to the situation.
>
> Frankly, the best thing for Halo’s story would be to embrace the fact it takes place 5 years(?) later, and just ignore Halo 5’s events and have a new story.

Which is exactly what they’re doing. I bet the “Reclaimer Saga” is dead and gone by now. For better or for worse!