WHAT HAPPENED TO MICROPHONES?

Nobody says anything in MM any more! Am I supposed to know why? I need communication, can someone tell me whats going on?

Edit1: Could it be possible to add a “join party” option???

Edit2: Please add me if you need communicative teammates! :slight_smile:

What? What is it you want to know, anyway? I’m confused.

Hmm, can’t tell if troll or not…

> What? What is it you want to know, anyway? I’m confused.
>
> Hmm, can’t tell if troll or not…

In matchmaking. Nobody is talking. This is odd. I want to hear what my team says?

Party chat or mute all option

You gotta take the first step.

I don’t know about War Games, but the people in Spartan Ops normally have mics. They’re also pretty cool people, too.

Maybe it’s your settings that’s giving you problems.

> > What? What is it you want to know, anyway? I’m confused.
> >
> > Hmm, can’t tell if troll or not…
>
> In matchmaking. Nobody is talking. This is odd. I want to hear what my team says?

I see you edited the OP. I see what your saying now.

Because the open chat system in halo games has never been used for useful communication.

Party chat pretty much killed in-game communication, that’s what happened.

> I don’t know about War Games, but the people in Spartan Ops normally have mics. They’re also pretty cool people, too.
>
> Maybe it’s your settings that’s giving you problems.

Settings? like what?

> Because the open chat system in halo games has never been used for useful communication.

But it HAS been used.

I’m anti-social. (Most of the time.)

> Party chat pretty much killed in-game communication, that’s what happened.

Aye, party chat is a useful thing, but it pretty much killed the chances of finding randoms with mics. Ones that weren’t using it to sing, play obnoxious music or spew forth bile anyway.

> I don’t know about War Games, but the people in Spartan Ops normally have mics. They’re also pretty cool people, too.
>
> Maybe it’s your settings that’s giving you problems.

I havent heard any talk (or seen any mic symbols) in SpOps…

most people who talk rage or in one case a guy was eating chips and i could hear everything for me it come down to a few things if i talk or not they don’t rage they aren’t annoying or i just simply don’t want to talk to anyone

> Party chat pretty much killed in-game communication, that’s what happened.

This is pretty accurate.

> Nobody says anything in MM any more! Am I supposed to know why? I need communication, can someone tell me whats going on?

The game became more like CoD and like CoD there is no communication.

Well is it possible to add a “join party” button?

I lost my mic. But I play with 2 friends at a time usually, so I don’t really need a mic to play. Besides, I have very colorful language, I’d only get voice banned. (Not from insulting people. Just from sailor talk for silly reasons.)

> > Party chat pretty much killed in-game communication, that’s what happened.
>
> This is pretty accurate.

XBL party chat has been around since Halo: 3 and Reach; there was still communication, so that statement is not very accurate.