What happened to Lasky?

I don’t literally mean what happened to Lasky in the context of what to expect in Halo Infinite. What I want to discuss is what happened to the narrative between him and Chief. I rewatched Halo: Forward Unto Dawn recently and was awed by the level of character development 343i put into Lasky and his connection to the Master Chief. Couple this with Lasky and Chief in Halo 4 (specifically the final mission and ending cutscene) and I cannot believe this relationship was dropped after they developed a backstory that stretches as far back as to the beginning of the Human Covenant War. For goodness sake, Forward Unto Dawn portrays Lasky as the one that intercepts the transmission that will send the Infinity to rescue Chief from deep space (essentially creating a complete circle from when Chief saved Lasky).

I realize this was likely dropped due to the backlash of Halo 4 which ultimately resulted in Halo 5, but it seems like such a shame. I am under the impression that Chief will make sacrifices for the pilot on Halo Infinite, but it would’ve been more powerful if Chief made sacrifices for Lasky (who was to be the humanity to Chief’s soldier). What if it were Lasky who was on board that pelican instead of the pilot? What if the Infinity had been destroyed, the crew killed and scattered, and Lasky managed to make it off in time only to become stranded in that pelican. It would have been heavily emotional to watch Lasky lose his humanity knowing they lost, not knowing whether he would live or die. And then to discover hope when he finds Chief again. Now instead of starting the game off with a character we don’t know, the story could start with a strong supporting character, with a developed backstory, and connection with the Chief. Even more so, what if Lasky and Chief become close throughout the story to which Lasky continues to show Chief what it’s like to be human. Now what would happen if Lasky were to be killed or put in a position that could end his life. Fans generally like Lasky (he’s well written, kind, and charismatic), and if Chief were to make a sacrifice for Lasky, I think it would not only be powerful but largely accepted. Or alternatively, Lasky’s death could be some sort of breaking point for the Chief. Every guy knows that breaking point, where you keep it together as best you can, until you snap and try to move heaven and earth against what has wrong you. If the big baddie is Cortona, maybe it compels Chief finally crush her chip with her inside. If it turns out to be the Didact maybe Chief fires the ring to stop him, sacrificing himself in the process (obviously none of these things will ever happen but when the game is ultimately sold and rebooted by another developer in 30 years I’ll be waiting)

I’m not saying I don’t like the pilot. I like the whole concept of the pilot being stranded in space, losing hope, and then finding the Chief. I just think there would have been something more powerful if it had been Lasky instead.

> 2535462618537526;1:
> I don’t literally mean what happened to Lasky in the context of what to expect in Halo Infinite. What I want to discuss is what happened to the narrative between him and Chief. I rewatched Halo: Forward Unto Dawn recently and was awed by the level of character development 343i put into Lasky and his connection to the Master Chief. Couple this with Lasky and Chief in Halo 4 (specifically the final mission and ending cutscene) and I cannot believe this relationship was dropped after they developed a backstory that stretches as far back as to the beginning of the Human Covenant War. For goodness sake, Forward Unto Dawn portrays Lasky as the one that intercepts the transmission that will send the Infinity to rescue Chief from deep space (essentially creating a complete circle from when Chief saved Lasky).
>
> I realize this was likely dropped due to the backlash of Halo 4 which ultimately resulted in Halo 5, but it seems like such a shame. I am under the impression that Chief will make sacrifices for the pilot on Halo Infinite, but it would’ve been more powerful if Chief made sacrifices for Lasky (who was to be the humanity to Chief’s soldier). What if it were Lasky who was on board that pelican instead of the pilot? What if the Infinity had been destroyed, the crew killed and scattered, and Lasky managed to make it off in time only to become stranded in that pelican. It would have been heavily emotional to watch Lasky lose his humanity knowing they lost, not knowing whether he would live or die. And then to discover hope when he finds Chief again. Now instead of starting the game off with a character we don’t know, the story could start with a strong supporting character, with a developed backstory, and connection with the Chief. Even more so, what if Lasky and Chief become close throughout the story to which Lasky continues to show Chief what it’s like to be human. Now what would happen if Lasky were to be killed or put in a position that could end his life. Fans generally like Lasky (he’s well written, kind, and charismatic), and if Chief were to make a sacrifice for Lasky, I think it would not only be powerful but largely accepted. Or alternatively, Lasky’s death could be some sort of breaking point for the Chief. Every guy knows that breaking point, where you keep it together as best you can, until you snap and try to move heaven and earth against what has wrong you. If the big baddie is Cortona, maybe it compels Chief finally crush her chip with her inside. If it turns out to be the Didact maybe Chief fires the ring to stop him, sacrificing himself in the process (obviously none of these things will ever happen but when the game is ultimately sold and rebooted by another developer in 30 years I’ll be waiting)
>
> I’m not saying I don’t like the pilot. I like the whole concept of the pilot being stranded in space, losing hope, and then finding the Chief. I just think there would have been something more powerful if it had been Lasky instead.

I wish they continued the Chief/Lasky relationship from halo 4 into the future but I think the pilot will fit Infinite much better.

> 2533274930786981;2:
> > 2535462618537526;1:
> > I don’t literally mean what happened to Lasky in the context of what to expect in Halo Infinite. What I want to discuss is what happened to the narrative between him and Chief. I rewatched Halo: Forward Unto Dawn recently and was awed by the level of character development 343i put into Lasky and his connection to the Master Chief. Couple this with Lasky and Chief in Halo 4 (specifically the final mission and ending cutscene) and I cannot believe this relationship was dropped after they developed a backstory that stretches as far back as to the beginning of the Human Covenant War. For goodness sake, Forward Unto Dawn portrays Lasky as the one that intercepts the transmission that will send the Infinity to rescue Chief from deep space (essentially creating a complete circle from when Chief saved Lasky).
> >
> > I realize this was likely dropped due to the backlash of Halo 4 which ultimately resulted in Halo 5, but it seems like such a shame. I am under the impression that Chief will make sacrifices for the pilot on Halo Infinite, but it would’ve been more powerful if Chief made sacrifices for Lasky (who was to be the humanity to Chief’s soldier). What if it were Lasky who was on board that pelican instead of the pilot? What if the Infinity had been destroyed, the crew killed and scattered, and Lasky managed to make it off in time only to become stranded in that pelican. It would have been heavily emotional to watch Lasky lose his humanity knowing they lost, not knowing whether he would live or die. And then to discover hope when he finds Chief again. Now instead of starting the game off with a character we don’t know, the story could start with a strong supporting character, with a developed backstory, and connection with the Chief. Even more so, what if Lasky and Chief become close throughout the story to which Lasky continues to show Chief what it’s like to be human. Now what would happen if Lasky were to be killed or put in a position that could end his life. Fans generally like Lasky (he’s well written, kind, and charismatic), and if Chief were to make a sacrifice for Lasky, I think it would not only be powerful but largely accepted. Or alternatively, Lasky’s death could be some sort of breaking point for the Chief. Every guy knows that breaking point, where you keep it together as best you can, until you snap and try to move heaven and earth against what has wrong you. If the big baddie is Cortona, maybe it compels Chief finally crush her chip with her inside. If it turns out to be the Didact maybe Chief fires the ring to stop him, sacrificing himself in the process (obviously none of these things will ever happen but when the game is ultimately sold and rebooted by another developer in 30 years I’ll be waiting)
> >
> > I’m not saying I don’t like the pilot. I like the whole concept of the pilot being stranded in space, losing hope, and then finding the Chief. I just think there would have been something more powerful if it had been Lasky instead.
>
> I wish they continued the Chief/Lasky relationship from halo 4 into the future but I think the pilot will fit Infinite much better.

I think you are absolutely right. Halo Infinite is a completely different game compared to the vision of Halo 4. Considering Lasky was essentially dropped in Halo 5, that relationship can no longer work.

> 2533274930786981;2:
> > 2535462618537526;1:
> > I don’t literally mean what happened to Lasky in the context of what to expect in Halo Infinite. What I want to discuss is what happened to the narrative between him and Chief. I rewatched Halo: Forward Unto Dawn recently and was awed by the level of character development 343i put into Lasky and his connection to the Master Chief. Couple this with Lasky and Chief in Halo 4 (specifically the final mission and ending cutscene) and I cannot believe this relationship was dropped after they developed a backstory that stretches as far back as to the beginning of the Human Covenant War. For goodness sake, Forward Unto Dawn portrays Lasky as the one that intercepts the transmission that will send the Infinity to rescue Chief from deep space (essentially creating a complete circle from when Chief saved Lasky).
> >
> > I realize this was likely dropped due to the backlash of Halo 4 which ultimately resulted in Halo 5, but it seems like such a shame. I am under the impression that Chief will make sacrifices for the pilot on Halo Infinite, but it would’ve been more powerful if Chief made sacrifices for Lasky (who was to be the humanity to Chief’s soldier). What if it were Lasky who was on board that pelican instead of the pilot? What if the Infinity had been destroyed, the crew killed and scattered, and Lasky managed to make it off in time only to become stranded in that pelican. It would have been heavily emotional to watch Lasky lose his humanity knowing they lost, not knowing whether he would live or die. And then to discover hope when he finds Chief again. Now instead of starting the game off with a character we don’t know, the story could start with a strong supporting character, with a developed backstory, and connection with the Chief. Even more so, what if Lasky and Chief become close throughout the story to which Lasky continues to show Chief what it’s like to be human. Now what would happen if Lasky were to be killed or put in a position that could end his life. Fans generally like Lasky (he’s well written, kind, and charismatic), and if Chief were to make a sacrifice for Lasky, I think it would not only be powerful but largely accepted. Or alternatively, Lasky’s death could be some sort of breaking point for the Chief. Every guy knows that breaking point, where you keep it together as best you can, until you snap and try to move heaven and earth against what has wrong you. If the big baddie is Cortona, maybe it compels Chief finally crush her chip with her inside. If it turns out to be the Didact maybe Chief fires the ring to stop him, sacrificing himself in the process (obviously none of these things will ever happen but when the game is ultimately sold and rebooted by another developer in 30 years I’ll be waiting)
> >
> > I’m not saying I don’t like the pilot. I like the whole concept of the pilot being stranded in space, losing hope, and then finding the Chief. I just think there would have been something more powerful if it had been Lasky instead.
>
> I wish they continued the Chief/Lasky relationship from halo 4 into the future but I think the pilot will fit Infinite much better.

Yea the tension was interesting to say the least.

> 2533274793248262;4:
> > 2533274930786981;2:
> > > 2535462618537526;1:
> > > I don’t literally mean what happened to Lasky in the context of what to expect in Halo Infinite. What I want to discuss is what happened to the narrative between him and Chief. I rewatched Halo: Forward Unto Dawn recently and was awed by the level of character development 343i put into Lasky and his connection to the Master Chief. Couple this with Lasky and Chief in Halo 4 (specifically the final mission and ending cutscene) and I cannot believe this relationship was dropped after they developed a backstory that stretches as far back as to the beginning of the Human Covenant War. For goodness sake, Forward Unto Dawn portrays Lasky as the one that intercepts the transmission that will send the Infinity to rescue Chief from deep space (essentially creating a complete circle from when Chief saved Lasky).
> > >
> > > I realize this was likely dropped due to the backlash of Halo 4 which ultimately resulted in Halo 5, but it seems like such a shame. I am under the impression that Chief will make sacrifices for the pilot on Halo Infinite, but it would’ve been more powerful if Chief made sacrifices for Lasky (who was to be the humanity to Chief’s soldier). What if it were Lasky who was on board that pelican instead of the pilot? What if the Infinity had been destroyed, the crew killed and scattered, and Lasky managed to make it off in time only to become stranded in that pelican. It would have been heavily emotional to watch Lasky lose his humanity knowing they lost, not knowing whether he would live or die. And then to discover hope when he finds Chief again. Now instead of starting the game off with a character we don’t know, the story could start with a strong supporting character, with a developed backstory, and connection with the Chief. Even more so, what if Lasky and Chief become close throughout the story to which Lasky continues to show Chief what it’s like to be human. Now what would happen if Lasky were to be killed or put in a position that could end his life. Fans generally like Lasky (he’s well written, kind, and charismatic), and if Chief were to make a sacrifice for Lasky, I think it would not only be powerful but largely accepted. Or alternatively, Lasky’s death could be some sort of breaking point for the Chief. Every guy knows that breaking point, where you keep it together as best you can, until you snap and try to move heaven and earth against what has wrong you. If the big baddie is Cortona, maybe it compels Chief finally crush her chip with her inside. If it turns out to be the Didact maybe Chief fires the ring to stop him, sacrificing himself in the process (obviously none of these things will ever happen but when the game is ultimately sold and rebooted by another developer in 30 years I’ll be waiting)
> > >
> > > I’m not saying I don’t like the pilot. I like the whole concept of the pilot being stranded in space, losing hope, and then finding the Chief. I just think there would have been something more powerful if it had been Lasky instead.
> >
> > I wish they continued the Chief/Lasky relationship from halo 4 into the future but I think the pilot will fit Infinite much better.
>
> Yea the tension was interesting to say the least.

I think they can still make it work. I just feel like the trailer kinda shows infinity might have been destroyed. Hopefully they did not kill lasky off.

Man 343 really screwed the plot on this they should never have time skipped to 5 I don’t get why they keep doing releases that pretends the last one didn’t exist.

Lasky made a brief appearance at the start of Halo 5 but other than the end of H5 where Infinity is running from the Guardians we don’t really know where Lasky is or what he’s up to.