What happened to gamers?

What happened to everyone. Really. It used to be that we would buy a new game, figure out the mechanics, and just have fun with it. We didn’t complain about what we wanted tweaked.it wasn’t an option. Pure, unadulterated love of the game. Now, if a game isn’t just the way we expect it, we cry about it and pitch a fit and boycott everything we can about it. Why can’t we just get back to loving a game the way it was created and intended to be enjoyed? If we don’t completely like something new about a game, we should adapt and learn the way we used to.

What happened to games?

They became disenfranchised by a failing series and left. All that’s left is a younger demographic.

It’s kind of a two-way street. developers embraced a game development system of “release quickly, patch later”. They release games that are either rushed and riddled with bugs(MCC) or are missing key components that they planned to add later from the start(H5’s forge). When they adopt a strategy like this, it will naturally come with the territory of having to hear people throw out suggestions of what they want included with the inevitable updates.

> 2535427975823742;1:
> What happened to everyone. Really. It used to be that we would buy a new game, figure out the mechanics, and just have fun with it. We didn’t complain about what we wanted tweaked.it wasn’t an option. Pure, unadulterated love of the game. Now, if a game isn’t just the way we expect it, we cry about it and pitch a fit and boycott everything we can about it. Why can’t we just get back to loving a game the way it was created and intended to be enjoyed? If we don’t completely like something new about a game, we should adapt and learn the way we used to.

Someone gave them access to the forums and let them run rampant. Good game, only a few things annoy me so far.

The internet, and a newer generation of players, most of which are often too young to be playing the games, years ago game companies also had WAY more time, to create, the hits where knock outs and the misses where terrible, but they learned, Now they’ve moved to basically being about money, their time has been dramatically shortened down to about 1 MAYBE 2 years, and are basically forced via contract to ship with what ever they have at that time, games go under tested, more issues arise and your left with half made games…and that bad thing is gamers are also a bit of the problem, no matter how good or bad things are games are bought and sold over and over and the more companies cut corners and gamers buy the product the more corners get cut…Look at COD ghosts, they basically copy pasted their own game Cut scene for cut scene and it still sold like crazy…

So…yeah that’s what happens now, and being that EVERYTHING is internet based literally everyone now has a place to vent their frustrations or defend what they think need to be defended…Social media sucks lol. Before “Online play” was huge it was just you and your buddies, you didn’t know what lag was, you didn’t feel cheated by other players, you didn’t feel cheated by connections,there were no mirco transactions, games where made 100% not buy 70% now and 10% installments later, because online didn’t exsist or wasn’t popular companies focus on Stories AND multiplayer, now it’s like 30%-70%…a good game was good, bad games where bad, and the only way to convey that was in person usually at school with your friends

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535425146381858;3:
> They became disenfranchised by a failing series and left. All that’s left is a younger demographic.

And the younger demographic is a bunch of entitled whiners

I remember when I found out I could play quake over this thing called the internet. Blew my mind man.

And you played the crap outta that game too, because you weren’t getting a new game any time soon. -Yoink- didn’t even have sound… Those were the days…

I’m gonna b honest, everyone poses valid points imo

> 2535427975823742;1:
> What happened to everyone. Really. It used to be that we would buy a new game, figure out the mechanics, and just have fun with it. We didn’t complain about what we wanted tweaked.it wasn’t an option. Pure, unadulterated love of the game. Now, if a game isn’t just the way we expect it, we cry about it and pitch a fit and boycott everything we can about it. Why can’t we just get back to loving a game the way it was created and intended to be enjoyed? If we don’t completely like something new about a game, we should adapt and learn the way we used to.

Yeah, sure. blame the gamers. It’s not like anything has changed in the industry itself in just the past decade, let alone the past twenty years.

> 2533274819302824;10:
> > 2535427975823742;1:
> > What happened to everyone. Really. It used to be that we would buy a new game, figure out the mechanics, and just have fun with it. We didn’t complain about what we wanted tweaked.it wasn’t an option. Pure, unadulterated love of the game. Now, if a game isn’t just the way we expect it, we cry about it and pitch a fit and boycott everything we can about it. Why can’t we just get back to loving a game the way it was created and intended to be enjoyed? If we don’t completely like something new about a game, we should adapt and learn the way we used to.
>
>
> Yeah, sure. blame the gamers. It’s not like anything has changed in the industry itself in just the past decade, let alone the past twenty years.

The gaming community has changed. It’s great that we can all voice our opinions and improve gameplay through the community and updates, but it seems as though almost everyone lost sight of improving things through constructive posts and ideas. Instead there’s a lot of whining about how if the game isn’t made to fit one’sliking, they won’t even play the game. Sounds to me like a lot of the community has become more immature over time as the younger demographic of gamers have been spoiled.

> 2535427975823742;11:
> > 2533274819302824;10:
> > > 2535427975823742;1:
> > > What happened to everyone. Really. It used to be that we would buy a new game, figure out the mechanics, and just have fun with it. We didn’t complain about what we wanted tweaked.it wasn’t an option. Pure, unadulterated love of the game. Now, if a game isn’t just the way we expect it, we cry about it and pitch a fit and boycott everything we can about it. Why can’t we just get back to loving a game the way it was created and intended to be enjoyed? If we don’t completely like something new about a game, we should adapt and learn the way we used to.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, sure. blame the gamers. It’s not like anything has changed in the industry itself in just the past decade, let alone the past twenty years.
>
>
> The gaming community has changed. It’s great that we can all voice our opinions and improve gameplay through the community and updates, but it seems as though almost everyone lost sight of improving things through constructive posts and ideas. Instead there’s a lot of whining about how if the game isn’t made to fit one’sliking, they won’t even play the game. Sounds to me like a lot of the community has become more immature over time as the younger demographic of gamers have been spoiled.

I just saw someone in another thread defend Halo 5 by saying that, yes, it was not finished, but other games aren’t so who cares? I don’t see that is a healthy mindset to have nor does that make one spoiled.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

What is wrong with Gamers:
They are immature children who whine when things are EXACTLY what THEY specifically wanted.
What is wrong with Game Companies:
They rushed unfinished games out the door to make more money.
Whilst I want both fixed it could be worse, more companies could be Bungie with Destiny and have you spend 40-50 bucks per DLC that fixes the game.

> 2533274812652989;12:
> I just saw someone in another thread defend Halo 5 by saying that, yes, it was not finished, but other games aren’t so who cares? I don’t see that is a healthy mindset to have nor does that make one spoiled.

According to the beliefs of people around here that’s a perfectly valid mindset and you’re “entitled” if you feel otherwise.

Gamers ARE entitled…entitled to get a good experience out of the ridiculous amounts of money that game companies charge them for their products.

I don’t see anywhere near the “toxicity” on indie forums as I do on the forums of games like Halo 5. Probably because it’s actually justifiable here.

> They are immature children who whine when things are EXACTLY what THEY specifically wanted.

Well I did specifically want the game to come with the expected launch content as any other Halo game, and I didn’t get what I wanted, so I guess the fault is on me for being a “whiner”, and not on 343I for failing to deliver on schedule.

The next generation.

Amen Brother. Missing the past!

Unfortunately, these kinds of thread don’t lead to constructive discussion.