What happened to Free For All

Alright, SWAT has somehow not sucked recently, but now it seems everyone in Free For All is magically an expert at reverse assassinations, reverse beatdowns, hail marys and whatnot! I can’t literally get an upfront kill because the guy will somehow jump back and beat me down before I can finish turning. I understand it happening from time to time, but people have been using it as if it were a new trick recently. What happened? Did the pro league decide to play? Farmers thought Warzone was too soft and ran for Arena instead? Did someone somehow popularize this? Or am I just getting unlucky now that fights don’t seem to be who is the best shot or strategist anymore.

So you got ninja’d. Gotta play me some ffa then, seems like there are some fresh pickings! /s

But in all seriousness, don’t complain about competitiveness in the competitive multiplayer side, in the most competitive gamemode in there. It’s like me complaining why my opponent is tryharding in quickscope battle against a FaZe member (all memes aside). Also, since when was FFA more casual based?

Git gud.

Here is a clip if you want to see how to ninja. Can be performed with either beatdown or animation. I have tons.

There are lots of Ninjas in FFA, including me… Its strategic and a cool way to eliminate enemy Spartans who don’t expect it. If you can’t turn around quick enough, try and set your horizontal sensitivity to 5+. Its been a tactic ever since reach and now that Halo 5 is almost a year old, more and more people are learning about the tactic. Anything besides that is skill or luck.

> 2533274860945165;2:
> So you got ninja’d. Gotta play me some ffa then, seems like there are some fresh pickings! /s
>
> But in all seriousness, don’t complain about competitiveness in the competitive multiplayer side, in the most competitive gamemode in there. It’s like me complaining why my opponent is tryharding in quickscope battle against a FaZe member (all memes aside). Also, since when was FFA more casual based?
>
> Git gud.

Hardly need to “git gud” (only idiots use that phrase) when before I was either winning or scoring the top three. Now it seems people are becoming ninjas all of a sudden. I can understand once or twice, or one or two guys, but everyone has ninja’d me at least once and I don’t use that method.

This had become my “easy” mode since whatever happened to SWAT made it so people could snipe me through walls. While I am sure lag has a lot to blame (I’ve noticed people vanishing from before my eyes and using this to attack others), it makes no sense that everyone knows the trick, especially since I hate it (the whole beatdown thing is for when you don’t expect the opponent or don’t know where they’ll hit next. If I know they are behind me it’s stupid).

It can’t conceivably be that after one week of not playing, everyone learned the trick. Before, I could count on FFA for good old guns and punches and one on one faceoffs where the winner was whoever had prepared himself or herself and was able to use the terrain to their advantage, shoot straight and made gambles (like attempting a melee perhaps from a place where it might not succeed). Now with this trick, I either have to start doing it (and I don’t like playing dirty) or risk being a victim since there’s not a move I can think off that can counter it without affecting accuracy (other than melee weapons, which are inexplicable absent from most FFA games now).

> 2535416253603787;3:
> There are lots of Ninjas in FFA, including me… Its strategic and a cool way to eliminate enemy Spartans who don’t expect it. If you can’t turn around quick enough, try and set your horizontal sensitivity to 5+. Its been a tactic ever since reach and now that Halo 5 is almost a year old, more and more people are learning about the tactic. Anything besides that is skill or luck.

Plus 5 sensitivity destroys my aim (I don’t strafe a lot, instead, I rely on pinpoint targeting with the right stick) and I don’t recall being on the receiving end of this or using it other than to escape potential assassins. How people can now use it despite not knowing exactly where they’ll land is beyond me unless they are all gambling on landing close enough to melee me.

And seems mostly luck. It makes no sense for it to happen often when a week ago it was rare or somehow I could counter it by using a rocket launcher on the ground and committing suicide while dragging the dirty cheater along.

This only reminds me we need a clean, one on one melee only mode for those of us that like jousting and fair matches where everyone is upfront on the way they kill you…

> 2535462037955640;4:
> > 2533274860945165;2:
> > So you got ninja’d. Gotta play me some ffa then, seems like there are some fresh pickings! /s
> >
> > But in all seriousness, don’t complain about competitiveness in the competitive multiplayer side, in the most competitive gamemode in there. It’s like me complaining why my opponent is tryharding in quickscope battle against a FaZe member (all memes aside). Also, since when was FFA more casual based?
> >
> > Git gud.
>
>
> Hardly need to “git gud” (only idiots use that phrase) when before I was either winning or scoring the top three. Now it seems people are becoming ninjas all of a sudden. I can understand once or twice, or one or two guys, but everyone has ninja’d me at least once and I don’t use that method.
>
> This had become my “easy” mode since whatever happened to SWAT made it so people could snipe me through walls. While I am sure lag has a lot to blame (I’ve noticed people vanishing from before my eyes and using this to attack others), it makes no sense that everyone knows the trick, especially since I hate it (the whole beatdown thing is for when you don’t expect the opponent or don’t know where they’ll hit next. If I know they are behind me it’s stupid).
>
> It can’t conceivably be that after one week of not playing, everyone learned the trick. Before, I could count on FFA for good old guns and punches and one on one faceoffs where the winner was whoever had prepared himself or herself and was able to use the terrain to their advantage, shoot straight and made gambles (like attempting a melee perhaps from a place where it might not succeed). Now with this trick, I either have to start doing it (and I don’t like playing dirty) or risk being a victim since there’s not a move I can think off that can counter it without affecting accuracy (other than melee weapons, which are inexplicable absent from most FFA games now).
>
>
>
>
> > 2535416253603787;3:
> > There are lots of Ninjas in FFA, including me… Its strategic and a cool way to eliminate enemy Spartans who don’t expect it. If you can’t turn around quick enough, try and set your horizontal sensitivity to 5+. Its been a tactic ever since reach and now that Halo 5 is almost a year old, more and more people are learning about the tactic. Anything besides that is skill or luck.
>
>
> Plus 5 sensitivity destroys my aim (I don’t strafe a lot, instead, I rely on pinpoint targeting with the right stick) and I don’t recall being on the receiving end of this or using it other than to escape potential assassins. How people can now use it despite not knowing exactly where they’ll land is beyond me unless they are all gambling on landing close enough to melee me.
>
> And seems mostly luck. It makes no sense for it to happen often when a week ago it was rare or somehow I could counter it by using a rocket launcher on the ground and committing suicide while dragging the dirty cheater along.
>
> This only reminds me we need a clean, one on one melee only mode for those of us that like jousting and fair matches where everyone is upfront on the way they kill you…

I’m sorry. Git gud is an apropriate arguement to this. If you’re complaining about players being better than you, and using gameplay tricks (legit ones not like the H2 bxr glitch), than you should git gud. Seriously, do you not understand? FFA is where the competitive players thrive. Everything is used to someone’s advantage, and disadvantage. Don’t you dare say ninjas are cheap moves. The victim is punished for chasing a enemy instead of taking a tactical approach.

Git gud.

> 2535462037955640;4:
> > 2533274860945165;2:
> > So you got ninja’d. Gotta play me some ffa then, seems like there are some fresh pickings! /s
> >
> > But in all seriousness, don’t complain about competitiveness in the competitive multiplayer side, in the most competitive gamemode in there. It’s like me complaining why my opponent is tryharding in quickscope battle against a FaZe member (all memes aside). Also, since when was FFA more casual based?
> >
> > Git gud.
>
>
> Hardly need to “git gud” (only idiots use that phrase) when before I was either winning or scoring the top three. Now it seems people are becoming ninjas all of a sudden. I can understand once or twice, or one or two guys, but everyone has ninja’d me at least once and I don’t use that method.
>
> This had become my “easy” mode since whatever happened to SWAT made it so people could snipe me through walls. While I am sure lag has a lot to blame (I’ve noticed people vanishing from before my eyes and using this to attack others), it makes no sense that everyone knows the trick, especially since I hate it (the whole beatdown thing is for when you don’t expect the opponent or don’t know where they’ll hit next. If I know they are behind me it’s stupid).
>
> It can’t conceivably be that after one week of not playing, everyone learned the trick. Before, I could count on FFA for good old guns and punches and one on one faceoffs where the winner was whoever had prepared himself or herself and was able to use the terrain to their advantage, shoot straight and made gambles (like attempting a melee perhaps from a place where it might not succeed). Now with this trick, I either have to start doing it (and I don’t like playing dirty) or risk being a victim since there’s not a move I can think off that can counter it without affecting accuracy (other than melee weapons, which are inexplicable absent from most FFA games now).
>
>
>
>
> > 2535416253603787;3:
> > There are lots of Ninjas in FFA, including me… Its strategic and a cool way to eliminate enemy Spartans who don’t expect it. If you can’t turn around quick enough, try and set your horizontal sensitivity to 5+. Its been a tactic ever since reach and now that Halo 5 is almost a year old, more and more people are learning about the tactic. Anything besides that is skill or luck.
>
>
> Plus 5 sensitivity destroys my aim (I don’t strafe a lot, instead, I rely on pinpoint targeting with the right stick) and I don’t recall being on the receiving end of this or using it other than to escape potential assassins. How people can now use it despite not knowing exactly where they’ll land is beyond me unless they are all gambling on landing close enough to melee me.
>
> And seems mostly luck. It makes no sense for it to happen often when a week ago it was rare or somehow I could counter it by using a rocket launcher on the ground and committing suicide while dragging the dirty cheater along.
>
> This only reminds me we need a clean, one on one melee only mode for those of us that like jousting and fair matches where everyone is upfront on the way they kill you…

I started using sensitivity 10 since Halo 4 cause that was the game that introduced me to the way of the Ninja. Once you get used to it, its pretty easy to aim. Its great that they added custom sensitivity options. I use 7 horizontal and 10 vertical and don’t have a problem at all. Correction: Did some research and the tactic originated in Halo 2. Its pure skill though, not a cheat in any way.

Sometimes you can showstop yourself from one. One time in halo 4 I threw a plasma grenade on the ground on haven, then I got piggybacked and the grenade exploded showstopping the whole thing myself.

> 2533274860945165;5:
> > 2535462037955640;4:
> > > 2533274860945165;2:
> > > So you got ninja’d. Gotta play me some ffa then, seems like there are some fresh pickings! /s
> > >
> > > But in all seriousness, don’t complain about competitiveness in the competitive multiplayer side, in the most competitive gamemode in there. It’s like me complaining why my opponent is tryharding in quickscope battle against a FaZe member (all memes aside). Also, since when was FFA more casual based?
> > >
> > > Git gud.
> >
> >
> > Hardly need to “git gud” (only idiots use that phrase) when before I was either winning or scoring the top three. Now it seems people are becoming ninjas all of a sudden. I can understand once or twice, or one or two guys, but everyone has ninja’d me at least once and I don’t use that method.
> >
> > This had become my “easy” mode since whatever happened to SWAT made it so people could snipe me through walls. While I am sure lag has a lot to blame (I’ve noticed people vanishing from before my eyes and using this to attack others), it makes no sense that everyone knows the trick, especially since I hate it (the whole beatdown thing is for when you don’t expect the opponent or don’t know where they’ll hit next. If I know they are behind me it’s stupid).
> >
> > It can’t conceivably be that after one week of not playing, everyone learned the trick. Before, I could count on FFA for good old guns and punches and one on one faceoffs where the winner was whoever had prepared himself or herself and was able to use the terrain to their advantage, shoot straight and made gambles (like attempting a melee perhaps from a place where it might not succeed). Now with this trick, I either have to start doing it (and I don’t like playing dirty) or risk being a victim since there’s not a move I can think off that can counter it without affecting accuracy (other than melee weapons, which are inexplicable absent from most FFA games now).
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2535416253603787;3:
> > > There are lots of Ninjas in FFA, including me… Its strategic and a cool way to eliminate enemy Spartans who don’t expect it. If you can’t turn around quick enough, try and set your horizontal sensitivity to 5+. Its been a tactic ever since reach and now that Halo 5 is almost a year old, more and more people are learning about the tactic. Anything besides that is skill or luck.
> >
> >
> > Plus 5 sensitivity destroys my aim (I don’t strafe a lot, instead, I rely on pinpoint targeting with the right stick) and I don’t recall being on the receiving end of this or using it other than to escape potential assassins. How people can now use it despite not knowing exactly where they’ll land is beyond me unless they are all gambling on landing close enough to melee me.
> >
> > And seems mostly luck. It makes no sense for it to happen often when a week ago it was rare or somehow I could counter it by using a rocket launcher on the ground and committing suicide while dragging the dirty cheater along.
> >
> > This only reminds me we need a clean, one on one melee only mode for those of us that like jousting and fair matches where everyone is upfront on the way they kill you…
>
>
> I’m sorry. Git gud is an apropriate arguement to this. If you’re complaining about players being better than you, and using gameplay tricks (legit ones not like the H2 bxr glitch), than you should git gud. Seriously, do you not understand? FFA is where the competitive players thrive. Everything is used to someone’s advantage, and disadvantage. Don’t you dare say ninjas are cheap moves. The victim is punished for chasing a enemy instead of taking a tactical approach.
>
> Git gud.

No it isn’t! If it was me being a bad player it would have happened long ago. This happened all of a sudden! Not just that, but players with less precision, dealing less damage have been able to do this to me. Lack of skill is obviously not the issue here. The issue is how this change happened OVERNIGHT and how EVERYONE seems to be doing it. I have seen it and dodged it before because two or three guys did it, not the entire arena! I can deal with one, but I can’t deal with 6 players. My shields can only take so much and I can’t strafe from lots of people at the same time. Ninjas are a -Yoink- move since there’s no way to fight them off. You can’t outshoot a ninja and you can’t create a playstyle to counter them other than exploiting the map (I’ve decided I’ll try this later). If it was a skill issue, I wouldn’t have been able to grind to Platinum in the first place (I could’ve gone higher, but grinding is not my thing… there’s a reason I abuse mods in Fallout 4).

You’re being an arrogant jerk unless you propose a way to counter this. Get good means jack if there’s no solution to the issue, not to mention, I always lump git gud idiots where they belong, on the end of my blacklist with the crap… Unless of course, they propose an actual solution and a reason for sudden changes coming from out of the blues and becoming commonplace when it’s a technique I abhor for having no counters unless properly armed (good techniques can be countered with anything unless you’re out of ammo).

Plus, it makes no sense if you’re actually fighting them off head on, then they boost, turn around and manage to melee me before I can pull back. That’s not fair, and fairness is everything. Now, if there was a way to turn around without using settings.

> 2535416253603787;7:
> Sometimes you can showstop yourself from one. One time in halo 4 I threw a plasma grenade on the ground on haven, then I got piggybacked and the grenade exploded showstopping the whole thing myself.

Err, these are not assassinations. I am good enough to showstop those provided I have an sticky grenade and see them coming right before they close the distance. I have actually gotten away from this mess a few times by simply using sticky grenades as smoke bombs, keeping myself on a corner and spraying away. It just sucks I can no longer go against someone head on and expect a shootout or, if charging them, a counterstrike (yes, you can counter frontal Spartan Charges by punching your opponent fast enough).

I am sort of on the “fight me head on” bandwagon where any thinking is strategical rather than tactical simply because I used tactics when I played the MCC and it ended horribly.

I am off to try again and perhaps there might be something that can stop them without needing to lower my sensitivity whenever I go to play SWAT.

TL;DR This is supposed to be a technique, not a party trick everyone can use and abuse to no end.

Please just stop. If terrible players are killing you, then you must be worse than them. Simple logic. Ninjas are very easy to counter. Just turn around for God’s sake. You can outgun a ninja. It’s just your fault for not being able to see when one might happen to you. I don’t understand how you perceive ninjas as unfair. It literally isn’t cheating, or any other exploit, it just means they got the better of you. By your logic, if someone 5 shots me with a Magnum, but I couldn’t, does that mean it’s unfair?

Seriously. Git gud. If bad players are killing you, you are worse than them.

> 2535462037955640;1:
> Alright, SWAT has somehow not sucked recently, but now it seems everyone in Free For All is magically an expert at reverse assassinations, reverse beatdowns, hail marys and whatnot! I can’t literally get an upfront kill because the guy will somehow jump back and beat me down before I can finish turning. I understand it happening from time to time, but people have been using it as if it were a new trick recently. What happened? Did the pro league decide to play? Farmers thought Warzone was too soft and ran for Arena instead? Did someone somehow popularize this? Or am I just getting unlucky now that fights don’t seem to be who is the best shot or strategist anymore.

You said you hadn’t been playing for a week? Unlike other games, your skill in Halo 5 deteriorates rapidly if you stop playing, maybe it that.

Another suggestion is that your MMR (basically a hidden CSR) increased so you are playing against better players, perhaps its a combination of the two.

Double post- ignore.