What happened to custom load out in h5?

Is it just me, or has anyone else pointed the fact that halo 5 does not give you the option to have a custom loadout. Like in arena you can’t choose 1 of the 5 loadouts you want but that is because you are not given the option to have your own custom loadout. 343 can you add this option in the next DLC because this is kind of downgrade. In halo 4 it was a good idea but now it is not in the game anymore. I think we need our own custom load outs before we start a game in arena. For warzone no need but Arena yes.

> I think we need our own custom load outs before we start a game in arena. For warzone no need but Arena yes.

What.

It should work the other way around. Warzone (and maybe Custom Games) should have preset loadouts, not Arena. I mean, it’s basically a modified version of the way Halo 4’s multiplayer worked.

I don’t even…

This has to be a joke thread, right?

Loadouts should never be in arena. Otherwise it’s not an arena shooter, it’s an arcade shooter (which Halo is not)

> 2533274883849234;3:
> I don’t even…
>
> This has to be a joke thread, right?
>
> Loadouts should never be in arena. Otherwise it’s not an arena shooter, it’s an arcade shooter (which Halo is not)

Why is this a joke? I am actually being serious because h2 anniversary and halo 4 had this feature.

> 2535439155150378;4:
> > 2533274883849234;3:
> > I don’t even…
> >
> > This has to be a joke thread, right?
> >
> > Loadouts should never be in arena. Otherwise it’s not an arena shooter, it’s an arcade shooter (which Halo is not)
>
> Why is this a joke? I am actually being serious because h2 anniversary and halo 4 had this feature.

Halo 4 was an experiment and H2A is a director’s cut of Halo 2 and they were pre-set loadouts that didn’t change all that much. Notice how MCC’s Halo 4 got rid of loadouts in everything but BTB (as it’s a social gametype?) That’s because people wanted them gone, so they are now. It was one of the biggest reasons Halo 4 is so hated by the Halo community, because it not only brought back loadouts from Reach, but it expanded upon it by making them custom, adding perks, and further ruining the arena playstyle that made Halo so popular in the first place.

Custom/pre-set loadouts do not belong in Halo’s arena side of multiplayer. Arena shooters are all about equal starts and loadouts do the opposite of that.

Custom load outs and armor abilities from Halo 4 were removed to promote a more balanced arena shooter experience in Halo 5. One of Halo 4’s biggest critiques was that custom load outs made it too much like other FPS titles (CoD being the main comparison). The majority of Halo players wanted to go back to equal starts, which Halo 5 did in Arena.

Warzone playlists give players some control over their own loadouts, so if you are looking for custom loadouts in Halo 5 you should play WZ.

Because in H2A people would choose an AR loadout instead of the BR loadout.

While we’re at it let’s have a 60% chance to spawn with a Nornfang each time you spawn.

I seriously thought OP was just trolling.

Loadouts can stay out of Halo as much as it wants. Let the other contemporary FPS titles have them instead.

There’s a reason they removed it from halo after H4, it was heavily disliked and rightfully so, kind of defeats the purpose of map pickups and such if you’re given multiple options to get them right off spawn.

Wait… your kidding right?

You want custom… custom loadouts like in Halo 4? Halo 5 is the most balanced Halo to date. If you want custom loadouts, go into warzone or hop on MCC and play the Call of duty playlist (Halo 4).

Competitive arena, keep customs out, its designed to be equal starts and custom loadouts are a no.

Custom games, sure why not. Would help greatly with machinima makers.

Social gametypes. depends, maybe some gamemodes could have custom loadouts but preset ones would be better like reach. but 100% keep them out of competitive arena

I 100% agree that load outs should stay OUT of Arena. The start up weapons and then rushing for map control needs to stay…

But in Warzone… The REQ system is still super laggy and slow. Preset load outs for each new level, it just saves time. Having to select through all my dang BR’s at level 3 is time consuming, especially since I use the same two when level 3 becomes available. Preset each REQ level. Then if I choose to change it up, I change it up.

Loadouts should stay gone. The only gametype where they are acceptable is warzone, or whetever its successor will be.

> 2535439155150378;1:
> Is it just me, or has anyone else pointed the fact that halo 5 does not give you the option to have a custom loadout. Like in arena you can’t choose 1 of the 5 loadouts you want but that is because you are not given the option to have your own custom loadout. 343 can you add this option in the next DLC because this is kind of downgrade. In halo 4 it was a good idea but now it is not in the game anymore. I think we need our own custom load outs before we start a game in arena. For warzone no need but Arena yes.

No, this is a bad idea. If this happens then Halo would be more class-based and would not have the equal starts that it has always been prided for. I don’t think it’s needed in customs either, as long as we get the option to chose specific loadouts for teams.

It was in halo 4, and it was horrible.
It takes away some of the major advantages that halo has over many other FPS (imo) : equal starts and map knowledge

No thanks. Premade loadouts lower the skill gap, and that’s the last thing we need. Warzone is fine because it’s not competitive. With loadouts on arena there’s no reason to learn weapon placements on maps, and controlling certain areas becomes almost non existent. Not to mention fair starts are one of the franchise’s most defining features.

What? No, there is no need for custom loadouts in Arena. Like Nova said customs and Warzone but never Arena.

I don’t want loadouts in Arena, it would create too much exploitation and inequality. Though it would be nice in custom games if you were playing a game mode involving different soldier classes, like in Battlefront.